This season's expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im expectin top5 BUT whit style. No more 5-0 and 4-0 shamefest but a decent play against top half teams. Im also hoping we will outplay and dominate weak trash like spam an villa.

If we finish 6th everyone else, myself included, is gonna look and say "nothing changed". Fired two managers, hired a new manager, offloaded some junk, bought some talent, played some nice football, still finished 6th.... whoop dee fucking doo. If we play some damn good looking football this coming season, ok that's a change. Good. But then why would we finish 6th again...

This season it has to either be 5th or cracking the top 4. I get that these things take time with bringing in new talent and a new manager, but it's now or never. We played some absolute SHIT football this past season, got thrashed by every big club, fired two managers, bought more junk players than talented players, etc etc. We were a mess but still managed to finish 6th! In front of Manchester United who arguably weren't even as messy as us! If we can still finish 6th in the table even with last seasons circumstances, there's absolutely no excuse for us not being able to finish 5th, 4th, or at least coming scary-close to cracking the top 4.

Finish 5th, play some lovely football, disappointingly lose in the quarter finals of the Europa on penalties, Eriksen and Lamela cement their moves to PSG and Citeh respectively. Double over Chelsea, McKonaughay wins another oscar, somebody posts a picture of Carlito Brigante working in sports direct, the resurrection of Smoked Salmon, Lister, Audere and Aberdeen, a wash of euphoria over tfc as there are several instances of agreeing due to sexy football. I'll get a Pochetino tattoo spelt wrong.

If we finish 6th everyone else, myself included, is gonna look and say "nothing changed". Fired two managers, hired a new manager, offloaded some junk, bought some talent, played some nice football, still finished 6th.... whoop dee fucking doo. If we play some damn good looking football this coming season, ok that's a change. Good. But then why would we finish 6th again...

This season it has to either be 5th or cracking the top 4. I get that these things take time with bringing in new talent and a new manager, but it's now or never. We played some absolute SHIT football this past season, got thrashed by every big club, fired two managers, bought more junk players than talented players, etc etc. We were a mess but still managed to finish 6th! In front of Manchester United who arguably weren't even as messy as us! If we can still finish 6th in the table even with last seasons circumstances, there's absolutely no excuse for us not being able to finish 5th, 4th, or at least coming scary-close to cracking the top 4.

I can't agree mate, as much as I wish I could. The teams around us are strengthening significantly while we're in yet another transition year and don't have near as many resources or allure as those also in transition. Frankly, I'd be delighted if we finished 5th on the back of significantly improved teamplay, but realistically I think 6th is a rather reasonable "expectation" given the context.

I can't agree mate, as much as I wish I could. The teams around us are strengthening significantly while we're in yet another transition year and don't have near as many resources or allure as those also in transition. Frankly, I'd be delighted if we finished 5th on the back of significantly improved teamplay, but realistically I think 6th is a rather reasonable "expectation" given the context.

Like I said in another thread, if we finish 5th or 6th and look solid in the back I'll be happy. If we finish 5th or 6th and still look like a defense made out of sand than I'll be pretty disappointed.

In a world where things go the way I would like them to it would go something like this: Chelsea will win, City will come in 2nd and Woolwich will come in 3rd. I think there is a very real possibility that United edge closer to top 4 but fail to break it, I'll give them a strong run for 4th, but probably finishing 5th. Everton isn't going to have the season they had last year and probably finish no higher than 7th. Liverpool is going to be a mess, and I could see a 5th or 6th finish for them. I really do think that if Lamela and Soldado can keep linking up like they did in preseason and we can clear out the gigantic hole we've got in Dawson, we have a legit shot at 4th. I think it's important to realize that everyone outside of Spurs will see anything lower than top 4 or a trophy as a failure.

Everton and tottenham fighting it out for the title. Tottenham win it last minute of last game with a Danny Rose wonder goal. Woolwich and Chelsea players somehow turn into a massive disappointments, and they get relegated along with West Ham.

Is it ok to dream?

Seems some people confuse expectations with dreams or goal.

Expectations: What one realistically think will be achieved.

Goals: What one realistically think can be achieved given maximum effort.

Dreams: Whatever. E.g. winning every game.

My expectations are better football, more goals, less of a hammering from the top teams, and close, but no cigar, when it comes to top 4. 5th. or 6th. in the league, quarter finals in EL.

My expectation is that we will finish 5th or 6th and have a good, solid run in at least two cups. Quarters of the EL at least. I think we have as good of a chance of winning the EL and FA Cup as anyone else. I expect us to push respectably for 4th place, but miss out. What i want (and also expect) is improvement, less general idiocy, and being able to enjoy watching Spurs again for the first time in a season or so - not because we're banging them in, but just because i'm not witnessing a whirlwind of stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom