This season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crap season made better by our academy players coming into the first team, especially Kane, a trip to Wembley should have been the highlight but us rolling over and letting Chelsea breeze it weren't fun to watch. Highlight (so far) : Sheffield United away
Low point (so far) : Chelsea at Wembley and Leicester at home in the FA Cup

Of our squad of 24 I'd say only about 15 are what Poch is after. Outside of the following I think we are out there fighting with one arm behind our back;

Lloris, Vorm, Walker, Rose, Davies, Dier, Vertonghen, Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend, Chadli & Kane.

Big question marks on both Fazio & Stambouli who haven't hit the ground running adapting to their new club. 15 trusted players can't be expected to be top 4 and competing in 4 cups. Like it or not that's all we currently have capable of playing the Pochettino way. And before anyone goes why Dembele & no Paulinho, it's a fact Poch likes to give his guys he has worked with on the training track during international week a go. Sometimes it works sometimes we get what we did on the weekend

Awkward how all the best teams are nearer to the top, don't think it's a good thing
Yeah. those giants of FC Augsburg and St Etienne. Unless you mean nearer to the top than us? Which would be strange seeing as we are bottom and therefore everyone is 'nearer to the top' than us. The best teams are actually in the middle. Keep Poch and keep the main core of players and we could waltz our way into the new stadium as a European giant... here is dreaming anyway

Probably going to get younger with Alli, Pritchard, Winks, Onomah, Carter-Vickers pushing through as well.

Feeling very much in two minds about the outcome of this season.
League position will be par for the course over the last couple of years, so no disaster but nothing special.
Emergence of our young stars has to be weighed against the absolute let down of many of our highly paid senior players.
Europa League and FA Cup were both big disappointments, and while the cup run was fun and the Wembley final was a great occasion, it is slightly devalued by the fact we only beat 1 premier league team to get there, and didn't trouble the chavs in the final.

There's been some quality moments along the way ( NLD, 5-3, Harry Kane's hat tricks, smashing Newcastle in the cup ), as we have always had with Spurs- and that's why we love them. But I'm quite disappointed we've got very little to play for now for the rest of the season.
Here's to next season- is a cup too much for ask for?

Big question marks on both Fazio & Stambouli who haven't hit the ground running adapting to their new club.

I find a little bit odd when Soldado is given two years before the masses gave up on him, and Poch is given patience and excused over not having the players, but we are ok writing off players (that he signed) after 13 and 10 total appearances for us in a new country and league.

This season surpassed my incredibly low expectations so not too unhappy. It's the feeling that we could have done better that stings though, wouldn't have been hard to have got another six points

I find a little bit odd when Soldado is given two years before the masses gave up on him, and Poch is given patience and excused over not having the players, but we are ok writing off players (that he signed) after 13 and 10 total appearances for us in a new country and league.
None of us are privy to what goes on at the training ground (other than seeing pictures to prove certain players are still alive). It's just my assumption that there is a reason that they are both not in matchday squads at different times. Personally I'd love for them to push for starting XI spots next season but if their effort and attitude around the club stinks enough for Poch to leave them out and want them gone then so be it.

None of us are privy to what goes on at the training ground

Personally sick to death of this line...I didnt hear anyone defending Sherwood with this crap when he dropped Holtby, Sandro and Capoue....

If we dont know what goes on in training, and they are not injured, then the only thing to assume is that the manager prefers other players instead of implying they lack fitness or have an attitude problem based on absolutely nothing.

Personally sick to death of this line...I didnt hear anyone defending Sherwood with this crap when he dropped Holtby, Sandro and Capoue....

If we dont know what goes on in training, and they are not injured, then the only thing to assume is that the manager prefers other players instead of implying they lack fitness or have an attitude problem based on absolutely nothing.
Sherwood did it to guys who actively talked about wanting to play for the club. Not saying that dropping them was wrong as they're all garbage if you ask me. But we hear nothing from the 2 new signings and neither have been all that bad when they've played. Yes Fazio fucked up badly in Florence and a few early stuff ups but he was good for a lengthy period, but he has been no worse than Chirches thats for sure. And Stambouli has never looked completely inept like Paulinho so can't see it being a talent preference that is keeping him out of the side

Sherwood did it to guys who actively talked about wanting to play for the club.

Ahhh, you mean the guys that Poch went on to sell? The other one, he has sidelined too.
Laughable stuff

But we hear nothing from the 2 new signings and neither have been all that bad when they've played
Ok...let me get this straight...because Fazio and Stambouli are not in the papers saying "WE REALLY LIKE IT HERE", we are to assume that they have attitude problems behind the scenes.

Is this the thinking people are reverting to rather than simply entertain the idea that Poch has made some poor decisions....really, really weird.

Back
Top Bottom