This season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dutch league is great for attacking players, defending is not a thing there, so greaat players there can be a Suarez or a Luuk de Jong in a top league.

I would rate from there Depay, Wijnaldum, El Ghazi and Milik. All players that fit in our tranfers politic.
and a former Ajax player for our defence, Alderweireld would be nice, can play well as center back and right back. A very improved Chirices i must say

Dutch league is great for attacking players, defending is not a thing there, so greaat players there can be a Suarez or a Luuk de Jong in a top league.

I would rate from there Depay, Wijnaldum, El Ghazi and Milik. All players that fit in our tranfers politic.
and a former Ajax player for our defence, Alderweireld would be nice, can play well as center back and right back. A very improved Chirices i must say
In the Dutch league, it's all about Jordan Botaka.

Just checked and no he wasn't the best player in that tournament. In fact he never even won player of the week during the 15 weeks of it, so no idea where that idea even came from!
Paulinho was the best player at Corinthians. They won the Brazilian Championship, Copa de Libertadores and the World Club Cup. He was voted third best player at the Confederations Cup. He was THE best player in South America when we signed him.

He was THE best player in South America when we signed him.
Second best behind a certain young striker...
Leandro-Damiao-NZ.jpg

:baletroll:

To be fair on you Neymar signed a few weeks before Paulinho. I thought you were saying Pauli was the best player from South America in that tournament
I was actually saying he was the best player in South America overall. Turns out Id forgotten about Neymar. No point in trying to weasel out of making a shite point!
Is it too late to change it to the best player in South Anerica that we could have signed?!?

Getting back to the OP,it has been at times a promising season, at other times frustrating as hell. Harry being the one massive plus, but after that, nothing too exciting.

Disappointing the signings in the summer haven't improved the team, in fact their playing time must be rather poor and getting more and more annoyed with or playing style that leaves Kane so isolated, but doesn't seem to be of great benefit elsewhere.

Kind of a 6/10 must do better next term season.

A good forgettable six out of ten.

A handful of good wankable moments (5-3 Chelsea, Woolwich at home, cup run), but unfortunately a good helping of shite too (home defeats against small teams, Tim '59%' Sherwood's revenge, possibly finishing behind Soton, a club with one trophy in their entire history to their name).

The emergence of Kane is definitely one of the best things we can take from this season. On the other hand, we've been too reliant on Kane's goals to scrape us points for a while now. Look at the last two games to see what happens when the two competent goal-scorers we have go out of form. We need better overall performances, not mediocrity covered up by stellar displays by one or two players.

I'm happy with Poch though, and I'm fine with him having a couple of seasons to shape a better team. We've been a club in transition since summer 2012, and Poch needs to be given the time, the transfer windows, and the money to spend in those windows, to build the team that he needs for his philosophy to work.

Or we can sack him, sign Pellegrini, and finish 8th next year.

As I believe has already mentioned by me and others in this thread 'progress, what progress?'
I said after our scandalous inactivity in the January transfer market that our season would crumble away, and lo and behold, so it has. With the double fiasco of Florence and Wembley being the defining moments in that shambles of a surrender.

Re the Prem, we're doing worse there than last season. And remember all the criticisms aimed at our two managers last season? Well if Sherwood, for example was 'dim', and 'clueless' (which he clearly isn't, with the highest PPG in our top flight history, and now reaching an FA Cup semi-final with Villa and seemingly steering them to safety) what does that make 'Poch the saviour' after being outsmarted by Tim yesterday?

'Double Dim, double clueless?'

In actual fact of course neither Poch nor Tim are dim and clueless, but I'm afraid many of the people who have so unmercifully slated Sherwood on here and other forums certainly look like they might the bill.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom