This is concerning to read

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The message he was making on behalf of the squad may be what they are thinking but they have to think about who they are getting to deliver the message. Seriously surely someone in our media team who handles organising player interviews should know that a former Goon who is out of form, our highest paid player and often looks lazy would be the worst person to slate the fans. It's a PR a nightmare!!

As someone said earlier the message is being overlooked because of who the messanger is, but someone is paid to make these sort of PR decisions. If Hugo told us to all wear bright pink i reckon nearly 2/3 of us would!

The message.

The message that it's our fault but not our fault and that they don't want to play at home anymore because it's our fault.....not our fault

The message that they could win the CL and that Pochettino is clearly doing enough with them in training to be regarded by the team as being a "great manager" but they are too fucking stupid to "get what he's telling us."

I've defended Adebayor plenty over the years but if you are called from the bench and take an extra minute changing your boots, need help getting your shirt on and then produce the sum total of nothing (like most of the season so far) it's ill advised to then speak out about something negatively without addressing your own personal failings. This isn't me reacting "because it's him." The message from him is LITERALLY it's "the fans and Pochettino's fault but it's not the fans and Pochettino's fault." Oh and that “It’s hard for the players. It’s not their fault"

So everyone is to blame without being to blame, apart from the players, who it is hard for, but they aren't to blame at all because they are only dumb footballers that can't understand coaching but if they could they are good enough to win the Champions League.
I read it a bit differently. The fans reactions are understandable, because they want to see winning football. But kicking someone when they're down doesn't help them get back up. The players are trying to adjust to a new system and it takes time. While that happens, results will suffer.

The dressing room has seen a lot of turmoil over the past few years, but the squad needs to pull together around Pochettino. He has complex ideas but they have worked. The squad needs to listen and apply those ideas. A perfect club would do that instantly, but in the real world this stuff is uneven. Fans and players need to recognize that and pull together. For each other's sake.

At least, that's the gist I get from those comments.

The dressing room has seen a lot of turmoil over the past few years, but the squad needs to pull together around Pochettino. He has complex ideas but they have worked. The squad needs to listen and apply those ideas. A perfect club would do that instantly, but in the real world this stuff is uneven. Fans and players need to recognize that and pull together. For each other's sake.

At least, that's the gist I get from those comments.

Now he has clarified things on Twitter I'm a little happier but still feel he would have been better off mentioning his own failings before mentioning the fans at all. Another case of the media printing half truths

Back
Top Bottom