THFC....where are we?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I'm finally leaning away from my pro-ENIC stance.
aeee42f9bb5e91ea9a3537d5f5466f7ab78852f8bf28c94afd51d41b0e066bd1.jpg

i have "optimism" , it goes like : Soldado and Adebayor are like having shit for cake topping, its covers the cake, but it doesent make it eatable.

vsjo.

That is fucking shameful if true.
A team talk,when playing us consists of "Lads,it's Tottenham"
When buying up land around WHL in the last 10 or so years have evicted any Gypsies??

Attitude has been around for years that we play nice pretty football but wilt under pressure, can see why other teams think that.

Attitude has been around for years that we play nice pretty football but wilt under pressure, can see why other teams think that.
Was one of the first things Harry said when he took the job and he wanted to get players in like Palacios & Parker to stamp it out. Yes we dropped points to the smaller sides under him but I think this is the sort of attitude the bigger clubs had/have of us. It's well and truly back again! Before Harry we never did anything against Woolwich, United or Chelsea etc. and a lot of it is down to who easy it was to brush past weak Tottenham. These last 18 months have gone along in a similar way and we still drop those "easy points".

Was one of the first things Harry said when he took the job and he wanted to get players in like Palacios & Parker to stamp it out. Yes we dropped points to the smaller sides under him but I think this is the sort of attitude the bigger clubs had/have of us. It's well and truly back again! Before Harry we never did anything against Woolwich, United or Chelsea etc. and a lot of it is down to who easy it was to brush past weak Tottenham. These last 18 months have gone along in a similar way and we still drop those "easy points".

Parker was unique, sad we got him towards the end when his legs were going, at West Ham they called him Scott Parker United as he was there one man team. Us and England should have used him 5 years before they did, he was like 3 men on the pitch and could make a team driven, when I look now at him at Fulham he's great for 20 mins then can't do it no more, I guess thats the problem with an all action style of play, the career is shorter.

Not sure who can fill the bridge, Fazio is suppose to be a nasty barstard, some of our English players like Walker and Mason will put in a shift. Not sure about the forward line, Ade and Soldado, the lazy man and the little boy leading the line.

-Why am I reminiscing about Steed Malbranque, Tainio, Berbatov & King?
I've found myself thinking this for a while (not about those exact players) but although I can see potential in the current squad, no one has really warmed themselves to me with the players in our 'new' team over the past couple of seasons (Lloris & Eriksen the probably exceptions of the players we've brought in) compared to the squads we've had in recent years.

It's probably down to looking back at the past with rose tinted glasses and what we achieved/almost achieved with what I guess is to say a fairly lesser squad of players, but the current crop of players needs a big result away somewhere or a cup win to get that affection. Malbranque was never brilliant, but after years of lacking a left mid player he did a job.

The high turnover of players the past few years goes hand in hand with our high turnover of managers (Levy's fault), but I've got more faith in Pochettino than I ever did in AVB and hopefully we'll be able to keep a team together for the next few seasons and turn players into WHL heroes.

I wish Parker played for us years before he did as well.
Thats what we need now a skipper and a midfield general(they may or may not be the same man)
Surely someone of that ilk can't be too hard to find?
agree although we used to mock him and his going round in circles he was a leader in that midfield not afraid to put a foot in. Always felt sorry for him just because he did play the hollywood balls people say he had no flair etc. He did what he needed to do, win the ball and give it to a player who could do something special.....we miss a player like that

Thats what we need now a skipper and a midfield general(they may or may not be the same man)
If he wasn't doing so well at City I'd suggest the hard working Milner. The only players out there at the moment like Scotty Parker are running around in Everton tops (Barry & McCarthy) and why would either the club sell them to us or either of them want to come to us. Not convinced on Delph.

Thats the point i was hinting at.It may be old news, but its possibly a view still held today .Sad

finally people have us sussed!
we're the last remaining 'big club' with a small mentality...
it makes us not only easy to target/bully/beat... but still remain a 'big scalp' ...which means beating us is infinitely more satisfying for the so called 'smaller clubs' ...who do it repeatedly, WITH GLEE!
Unlike folding and 'knowing their place' against the REAL powerhouse club$$$$!

Ooh, a £10 voucher to spend in the Spurs megastore!

I can't decide between a tacky coffee mug or a DVD of the last FA Cup Spurs won 23 sodding years ago when Gary Lineker and Paul Gascoigne still played.

I know! I'll post it back to Daniel Levy with instructions to leave it gathering dust next to the plans for the new stadium.

Ooh, a £10 voucher to spend in the Spurs megastore!

I can't decide between a tacky coffee mug or a DVD of the last FA Cup Spurs won 23 sodding years ago when Gary Lineker and Paul Gascoigne still played.

I know! I'll post it back to Daniel Levy with instructions to leave it gathering dust next to the plans for the new stadium.
They aren't stupid mate, gotta spend £50 to use the voucher... BUSINESS! :dwi:

I love the idea, that only british players seem to ever be considered when talking of midfield hardmen with leadership values.

Oddly I see little if any captaincy qualities in either of Barry, McCarthy and certainly not Milner nor Delph.

I can't see any home nations players at all really who I'd consider for the gig at present time.

Spurs however is a business.

And it is little secret, that in certain businesses a culture of compliance and keeping your head down is at a paramount.

I consider that to be highly likely at Spurs, and I suspect it explains the insane manager turnover as well as why the club today would NEVER sign outspoken leaders like Mackay or Blanchflowers - nor would they consider playing for us.

Hard and sad, mayhaps, but hardly unlikely.

In fairness he turned us down before he moved to Chelsea, then again when he moved to Newcastle (was around the Arnesen bad blood so wouldn't have helped), and even, I beleive, before he went to 'StHam.

Was unbelievable for us that first season. Shame he was a shadow of that player those final few months with us - guess injuries and his lifetime supply of McDonalds took their toll!

I love the idea, that only british players seem to ever be considered when talking of midfield hardmen with leadership values.

Oddly I see little if any captaincy qualities in either of Barry, McCarthy and certainly not Milner nor Delph.

I can't see any home nations players at all really who I'd consider for the gig at present time.
Joey Barton? :adewtf:

Back
Top Bottom