THFC....where are we?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget the Scum, Chelsea, Utd, Pool and City etc.....we were mildy their rivals for a season or two during the CL era.

Its over.

The only way to come through this is to accept our place.

Historically we are massive, and individually, we probably have a better squad overall than 15 other PL teams. But, we are pretty shit...honestly...we really are crap.

The reasons are endless, and I guess all sides of the blame game hold valid points, from Enic, to Levy, to AVB, to Ade and so on and so on..

We can harp on about it forever, and end up with more gut wrenching feelings like today (not the first time this season to be honest) or we can accept that in all reality, right now we are a top 10 club.

The teams "around" us (thats flattering us by the way), West Ham, Southampton, Swansea, Everton, Toon etc are the teams we need to raise the bar against. These are no longer comfortable fixtures, and our mentality needs to re adjust or Poch is going to have it very tough.

Im done with silly hopes and sky high dreams.

There will be no top 4, no cup finals, no glory this season, or next, or the one after that.

Let the manager root out the crud, and implement his way over the next few years, and until then, just enjoy a more mid table vibe, where the only expectations are showing some pride every now and then. If that can grow, I can live with the shit results.

To be fair any Liverpool, Woolwich or Man U fan could start this thread and just change the names

We are the idiots for believing in these humans to bring us what we want, such a shame

I was waiting for the inevitable meltdown thread...
God, here we go again

Meltdown? We came 6th, and Ive said we are a top 10 club...whats so outrageous?

What, as in back the manager and give him time?

The name Tottenham Hotspur is the ONLY thing that sets us above those teams I mentioned at the moment.
And its going on 60yrs ago that we have to thank for that..

Its not a meltdown. The meltdown is actually thinking we are a anything close to challenging for 4th.

Its like Southampton talking about the title.

The reality is, we are heading towards, if not already arrived at being a mid table team again. It's heartbreaking to accept, but it's where we are now. We have to many 5/6 out of 10 players. We need to move these players on and start replacing them with 7/8 out of 10 players. It's going to take a while, but it's the only way to get us back mixing it with the top 6.

He'll be out by Christmas at this rate... Then Levy will have to work out just what new direction his 'project' is heading!
Haven't been quite the same club since Burkinshaw left! ...30 years of false dawns and pointless optimism!

Good points Sammy. But it's hard to take our recent defeats, and I'm really suffering over this one. That's two 2-1 home defeats while we were remembering Bill BTW. At least we'll always have Asteras, but even that was a classic poisoned chalice because it gave us hope about Lamela, hope that looks a little empty right now.

The good news is we won't be playing Europa League next season, the bad news, well it's all around us.

I'm fucking worried

Even in the games we've won, we've looked shite (QPR was a gimme).

I hear the word 'Philosophy' a lot. Can someone educate me as to what it's meant to be, as this is some of the most aimless football I've ever seen.

When things weren't going right for Brendan when he first got to Anfield, you could at least see what he was trying to do. Ditto Martinez at Everton this season. I just don't see the plan.

Some selections / substitutions also worry me.

I'm terrified right now. It is absolutely only going to get worse. The players we have that I WANT to keep are going to to disappear after this summer if it continues on like this.

As for backing Poch...I really am having doubts, but not exactly about his ability. I don't think the man likes this club too much. He certainly doesn't rate most of our players if he's not willing to make blatantly obvious substitutions in a timely manner. Even when we we (or put in the goal of a season) he doesn't seem to care. Today I saw him stand up maybe three times. It's like he realizes that giving the players directions is a waste of time cause they don't even listen to him. I imagine seeing MANY changes in January.

Hi Everyone although ive kept tabs on here for a while, im new to this forum so please be easy on me!

Today was bad, on another day though & a team that was playing well in the league we score 3 or 4 & win comfortably. However, this is Tottenham. A Chairman that got rid of a manager that led us to back to back 4th placed finishes only to get the sack. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why he did it to a certain extent. But I think a series of events have led to where we are at right now as a football club.

For starters, I really do think some of the players we signed with the Bale money will come good, I think there's been significant improvement in Chadli & Capoue for example. However, When we had Comolli, did the DOF role really work? No. When we got rid of the DOF role and gave Redknapp control of buying, selling, etc. did it work? I think everyone agrees with that. Anyway, my point is Baldini may have a decent reputation in Italy. But why would you give a DOF around £100m to spend in a league he has never worked in? Serie A is a different kettle of fish to our league all together. The 'gelling' process should well an truly be over by now. It seems we have struggled every time we have had a DOF.

This isn't a rant about the usual 'we should have never of sacked harry' blah blah blah, its my statement that I think the whole situation from that moment could have been avoidable. Do I think we're a top 4 team? No, we don't deserve it we have no right to be there. The reason we was there is because Harry got 100% out of every player, commitment & ability. Something that most of this current crop of players really lack.

Where we are whether people like it or not is what we have been for most of the BPL era, a top half team, of course its disappointing for everyone. But until something is done about the structure of the club, the players that are paid fantastically and consistently put in sub standard performances & in my opinion the crown at WHL gets a bit of life into it again we wont be seeing UCL again for a while.

The difference is that every single one of those clubs will finish with at least 8 more points than us, and a GD of about +30 over ours.

Probably apart from Woolwich who will finish with the obligatory 1 point ahead!

You know what I mean though it's a strange time for a lot of teams who are all currently underperforming

when you replace world class talent with potential the outcome is inevitable

when you care more about the bottom line than the football club again the outcome is inevitable

when you fire the most successful manager you've had in fucking decades for bitchy fuckin reasons etc....

Levy is the reason we continually flatter to deceive. He's done nothing more than you'd expect on the business side balancing the books whilst enic make billions and on the football side he's continually failed miserably

the sooner he fucks off the better, then we'll have a shot at getting a football club back

Back
Top Bottom