The transfer window: A strategic perspective

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got in behind their full backs time and time again. Generally I think he's been solid for them and offers a threat going forward, but don't think he'd be that much of an upgrade on Rose, if he was even an upgrade at all.

This sounds like you are disagreeing with me - prepared to be neg repped.

Oh.

Not sure if this has been said but Eder Alvarez Balanta is our guy, that man has some sick stats on FM14. :baeshock:

:paulinhofacepalm:

So the board are at fault for signing players in the summer the manager apparently didn't want, according to loads of people on here and in the media....
:gallashmm:
...yet now they are at fault for not signing any players after the manager said he didn't want anyone despite publicly admitting Levy asked him several times...

No words....
:avbfacepalm:

Indeed. Well, we'll see what happens this summer. I truly believe we don't need to buy all that much. Would even be content with just LW and CB buys along with loanee returns and some sales.

Indeed. Well, we'll see what happens this summer. I truly believe we don't need to buy all that much. Would even be content with just LW and CB buys along with loanee returns and some sales.
I think that, for whatever reason, the current recipe of players just isn't mixing well together. We need a manager in who can get more out of a squad than the sum of it's parts and we need one or two key signings that can make the squad tick. A leadership figure or a unifying player.

So the board are at fault for signing players in the summer the manager apparently didn't want, according to loads of people on here and in the media....
...yet now they are at fault for not signing any players after the manager said he didn't want anyone despite publicly admitting Levy asked him several times...

No words....

It doesn't really matter as we sack the manager anyways

No words....

The board are at fault for hiring a DoF, then not letting him do his job at the request of the caretaker they will fire in 3 months

I think that, for whatever reason, the current recipe of players just isn't mixing well together. We need a manager in who can get more out of a squad than the sum of it's parts and we need one or two key signings that can make the squad tick. A leadership figure or a unifying player.

I think LvG would be quite ideal for a foundation. He has a concrete, proven philosophy he can push towards the players to give them something to prescribe to or not. I.e. every player he fields will have no choice but to have decided to step in line or they wouldn't even be out there. Some real stability is so fundamentally needed at the moment.

This squad needs massive redevelopment and lots of work. Our attacking threat is pathetic which is why our gd is a big fat zero. We have a lot of dross in our squad, players like naughton, dawson, fryers, chadli, kane, lennon, siggy. Untill this addressed we will be hovering around 6th or 7th.

Back
Top Bottom