The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I seriously think we are the best team in the league AT PRESENT.. Not saying in general but who is playing better than us at the moment?
No doubt the others will improve but right now if there's a club that no other wants to play it will be us.
Agree. Our entire team looks in form at the moment. In my time following Spurs I don't think I've ever seen that, even through our Champion's League season.

It's night and day from last season, when we were routinely bailed out by Kane, or the season in which we were continually bailed out by, well... Bale. Everyone looks dangerous. A goal can come from anywhere, and Kane is banging them in again.

I don't believe Woolwich and City are playing any better than us. Leicester has played a weak schedule and will start to regress. I believe United are going to hit a bad patch of form. Liverpool might be up and down this season as they work on forging a new identity.

Hell, I didn't even think of Chelsea... Lol.

I believe results are going to start sorting the wheat from the chaff, and we're going to start pulling away to a desirable position. Still think the league is too much to ask this season, but with how we're playing across the board right now, I'm almost dead fucking certain that we'll make 4th this year, and I'd even favor us for third.

Save that for later, because looking at our run of fixtures I think we are going to be pretty much there until a tough run in April........you'll feel 10x worse if you leave it until we are genuinely in with a chance before you start to dream

Ah. I'm a believe it when I see it kinda guy. I do like that you have factored in a late season collapse into your thinking though. You know the history - ha ha ha ha ha

Hey, I am just trying to keep people feet on the ground when the going is good. Yes, we are playing beautify at the moment. Yes, today's win was tereffic. Yes, I am happy tonight Yes, I can see that we are just four points off the top of the league now ... a league topped by Leicester City. I can say that I am excited about the coming season ahead.

I make no apologies for saying that Spurs challenging for or winning the league is silly. Naturally, I will look like a total pillock when we are parading the Premier League trophy around WHL in May. Add to that, I really don't understand why you decided to suggest we would be in a relegation battle.
The relegation thing was a joke. I don't think many here expect us to win the League. But booting someone off the Board for expressing the opinion is dickish.

The relegation thing was a joke. I don't think many here expect us to win the League. But booting someone off the Board for expressing the opinion is dickish.

I don't have the power to boot someone off the board. And to do that there need to be a minimum of two requests for the moderators to consider the request.

Do you think Super Jan Fan Super Jan Fan is going to get kicked?

No, me neither.

Fantastic Result, Fantastic Atmospehere today too. Very Proud of the team.

However, and this is slightly off topic....I have a massive gripe about the "Security" encountered before today's game. The utterly ridiculous and dangerous conditions they created due to "wanding" down everyone who was going in to the stadium did more harm than good in my view.

Our season ticket is in block 31 and for some reason our couple entry points were fairly clear. But getting along the East Stand to our gate was a massive balls ache. I understand security is necessary at the moment, but what they did created bottle necks with hundreds of people pushing and shoving and that is plain dangerous. Have we not found surges and football crowds = problems in the past ?

If there was really a threat ( Paris style ) Today the idiots in charge of Security simply managed to create a perfect environment outside the stadium for mass slaughter. Either an armed incursion wanker or a suicide bomber would have been massively in luck with those hundreds of people being squeezed into small areas Did no one in charge see what they were doing ?

If there was a "threat" you push back the barrier back to a suitable distance from the stadium and search people there, not directly outside your entry points, that's a farce !

And seeing how this decision affected families really made me angry, I saw little kids being pushed along by pissed up drunks with pint glasses from the Bill Nic and that is simply not right ( and those people need a serious word with themselves ) And Not content with putting kids through those awful crowds is it then right that they wand down a small girl and her mum & Dad in front of us ( I shit you not ) That seemed over kill to me and in no way a positive experience or evidence that they know shit about "Security" and threat mitigation.

I Also could not help notice that almost everyone searched set off their fucking wand and not once did I see them confiscate anything ! One questions why they felt the need to bother. And despite the thousands stuck outside at 4pm our club did not even delay kick off 15 minutes, I guess the fact is sky comes first

Rant over...football great, club a bit shit today !

That fucking donkey Carroll is having shooting practice ........what a cunt .
headball_2.gif

What a fucking day!

Not only did I get to see my beloved Spurs smash the pikey wannabe fuckers for 4, I also found out I'm going to be a father for the first time.

My smile is bigger than Son's...:sonlol:

However, and this is slightly off topic....I have a massive gripe about the "Security" encountered before today's game. The utterly ridiculous and dangerous conditions they created due to "wanding" down everyone who was going in to the stadium did more harm than good in my view.

Our season ticket is in block 31 and for some reason our couple entry points were fairly clear. But getting along the East Stand to our gate was a massive balls ache. I understand security is necessary at the moment, but what they did created bottle necks with hundreds of people pushing and shoving and that is plain dangerous. Have we not found surges and football crowds = problems in the past ?

If there was really a threat ( Paris style ) Today the idiots in charge of Security simply managed to create a perfect environment outside the stadium for mass slaughter. Either an armed incursion wanker or a suicide bomber would have been massively in luck with those hundreds of people being squeezed into small areas Did no one in charge see what they were doing ?

If there was a "threat" you push back the barrier back to a suitable distance from the stadium and search people there, not directly outside your entry points, that's a farce !

And seeing how this decision affected families really made me angry, I saw little kids being pushed along by pissed up drunks with pint glasses from the Bill Nic and that is simply not right ( and those people need a serious word with themselves ) And Not content with putting kids through those awful crowds is it then right that they wand down a small girl and her mum & Dad in front of us ( I shit you not ) That seemed over kill to me and in no way a positive experience or evidence that they know shit about "Security" and threat mitigation.

I Also could not help notice that almost everyone searched set off their fucking wand and not once did I see them confiscate anything ! One questions why they felt the need to bother. And despite the thousands stuck outside at 4pm our club did not even delay kick off 15 minutes, I guess the fact is sky comes first

To be fair I'm sure the stabbing before the game had a lot to do with that.

I was also delayed by the security and missed first 10 minutes.
Its a bit shitty too that the Sky schedule takes priority over getting the fans in for the kick off.
But hey, small blight on a great day.

I think the Police are poor at our ground but it is slightly different as away fans travel to several different stations.
The issue today was that the West Ham fans entering the lower tier were not being guarded. They got a hell of a lot of stick while getting into the ground.

What a fucking day!

Not only did I get to see my beloved Spurs smash the pikey wannabe fuckers for 4, I also found out I'm going to be a father for the first time.

My smile is bigger than Son's...:sonlol:
Enjoy it. As a father of two young sons, let me tell you, the greatest joy in life is when Spurs crush that anti-Semitic, white trash disgusting club like today.

Back
Top Bottom