The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

that would be fine if no one ever got injured.
so far we have been pretty fortunate on that front.
Yeah, but our first choice pairing in midfield last season have only played together once...in our only defeat...not sure what my point is...

Yeah, but our first choice pairing in midfield last season have only played together once...in our only defeat...not sure what my point is...
ha. well i think it was dier & bentaleb against utd.
i thought it was mainly bentaleb & mason last season.
both i think will be better when not played next to each other.
dier will be a big miss if he gets injured. we have decent back up but nowhere near as effective as dier.

I imagine it will be Eriksen in at 10, Son left and Lamela right. But for me there is no debate. That is our best three behind Kane when everyone is fit and firing.
I think I agree with you on paper. But if everyone is fit, available and on form, who would sit---Alli or Dembele?

ETA: We've got some great midfield depth suddenly, haven't we?

Great performance, great day out, empty wallet.

Disgusting news about the stabbing.No one deserves to go to a football match and get that.
Hope the fella makes a speedy recovery
Is it true that it kick offed outside the Bricklayers?
The Bricklayers?? Never thought i'd hear of that sort of thing there.

Not really, there were a few that tried to get in but nothing major.. It was like most cases these days, lots standing there shouting waiting for the police to move them on.. Little bit of a curfuffle.

In regard to the stabbing, it seems it might have been a car load of Turkish who did the damage?
They chased someone in their range rover, caught him and stabbed him. Not sure if that's true but that's what i've heard.

Have we though?

So far we've had Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Pritchard and Son injured at the very least.

It could have been worse, but I'd say that 8 of our top 15 players missing games due to injuries in the first three months of the season isn't anywhere near lucky.

Yes, backup is good, but if anything we've proven that we do have good backup. We don't know yet if we have good enough backup up front, but personally I believe that we have the versatility to be ok should Kane be injured. Of course, we don't have the backup to be as good without Kane as with him, in his current form, but I don't think we'd be better off with West Broms backup as our backup.

And, and this is very important, especially for a club that wants to develop young players: Too much backup is a thing, and can easily be a problem.
lots of good points u made. id still disagree with how much we would miss kane & also dier .
to a lesser extent lloris & either CBs would be a hinderance!

lots of good points u made. id still disagree with how much we would miss kane & also dier .
to a lesser extent lloris & either CBs would be a hinderance!
we would struggle with half the team missing.

jokes aside. Although any player as suggested would be missed, Its easier for players to come into a side and cope when the team is playing well. Weve coped so far , lets hope it continues.

Have we though?

So far we've had Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Pritchard and Son injured at the very least.

It could have been worse, but I'd say that 8 of our top 15 players missing games due to injuries in the first three months of the season isn't anywhere near lucky.

Yes, backup is good, but if anything we've proven that we do have good backup. We don't know yet if we have good enough backup up front, but personally I believe that we have the versatility to be ok should Kane be injured. Of course, we don't have the backup to be as good without Kane as with him, in his current form, but I don't think we'd be better off with West Broms backup as our backup.

And, and this is very important, especially for a club that wants to develop young players: Too much backup is a thing, and can easily be a problem.
Do you mean, having a large squad with senior players as backups so youngsters dont get the opportunity.

we would struggle with half the team missing.

jokes aside. Although any player as suggested would be missed, Its easier for players to come into a side and cope when the team is playing well. Weve coped so far , lets hope it continues.
ha. i didnt mean all at the same time.
we shall see if & when we get a key player out for a long time.
but fingers crossed it wont happen!

There is such a thing as loyalty left in football and our guys are obviously demonstrating that towards the manager and the club! They are playing for each-other, the shirt and the prospect of matching it with the best very soon why not!

Sorry but regardless of how well we're doing at the moment and the strength of the best 11-13 players, we do not have any back-up for Kane. Son has played very little football for us at all let alone in the league. His couple of goals early do not make him a striker, we can't sugar-coat the tap-ins against Quarabag that much. Don't get carried away. There has also been very little seen of N'Jie, moments of raw promise and that's all.

When you look at what Kane does for the team on and off the ball as well as his goals, it should be clear he is critical and doesn't even have a near equal for the role in our squad!

I explicitly said that we don't have a backup for him that can do what Kane does when he's playing like he is at the moment. I remain convinced, however, that with our current squad we have just as good backup for him as we'd have had we bought West Broms second choice striker to provide the backup. And, with the added bonus, that we now don't have to give minutes to Berahino, or whoever else we could've realistically got as a second choice striker, to keep them match fit and actually ready to step in the odd game if necessary.

I'm convinced that Chadli, in our setup, with our style of football, could do a better job than a Berahino up front, as a stand in for Kane.

I remember them cunting us for relying on Bale with 'one man team' can't win without him' so it's really ironic that they are now claiming they didn't win because of Payet.
Fantastic point dude. They were very vocal with their "Spurs are a one man team" crap. Payet goes down and they think their whole team is done for.
:eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom