***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm genuinely confused as to how away teams somehow 'benefit' from playing at Wembley... in front of 85,000 home fans... and yet WE'RE worried about being daunted by it...
Why can't WE feel inspired and benefit from playing in a FULL NATIONAL STADIUM?
Let the away team feel intimidated, I don't get why it's ever been used as an excuse?

Even the 'disruption to the matchday routine' excuse... what do you think the away team have to do? they only get one chance to play there.... we get AT LEAST three! (but more hopefully!)

I'm simply nor buying the 'Wembley factor' if we don't do well tonight....
MONACO had more reasons to feel overawed by it... they get less at home than the old Wimbledon at Plough Lane.. and yet THEY seemed to cope!

Hopefully we can win tonight, and banish all this Wembley curse bullshit!

WE'RE AT WEM-BER-LEY FFS! If THAT can't inspire you to greater things and perform.... nothing will!!
In theory, we are the away team also?

About 5-6 years ago I would watch a ton of Champions League games. Didn't matter to me who was playing, I would just want to watch the big games, the British clubs playing the best teams in the world. I always felt it gave us a good idea of what we needed to do to improve our games and close that distance. But the last few years, I haven't watched any and I've struggled to be excited even for our games. It's a bizarre feeling, but I just don't like the competition much anymore.

Lets get inspired by City, poor run recently but have kept at it. They have turn things around with an excellent result last night on the back of the weekend win. Good sides do this and we are a good side. Brian Leverkusen are there for the beating, they do not travel well losing 7 from 8 away to English teams and only won 1 in 11 in CL group stages.

There is no reason why we should not win this. COYS

I would obviously give the League an d the FA cup priority, but I think that CL is very important for us, beyond the pure financial reason.
I am one of those deluded idiots who thinks that Spurs one day will win the CL, and in order to do that we need to be there as much frequently as possible and for as long as possible every year (without compromising the League, of course, starting from Sunday's game)

We have a young squad , who "may" still be a bit intimidated by this tournament (I think this is the main reason why we lost against Monaco): these nights need to become a habit. Same for us fans

I'm in the same boat . If we are not in it , l have zero interest. I just hope the British clubs implode , as nationally in football is
archaic, owners , players ,fan base are global . Also doing well helps our rivals in revenue .
The tournament is bloated , nearly a closed shop , same old , destroys the UEFA or what ever it's called, domestic cups , and in some cases local leagues .
Saying that I'm excited seeing 90,000
Lilley whites showing the corrupt media , bent governing bodies, what real football is about ? not wankers like City, Chavs , PSG, Franco Madrid etc.

Am I the only one struggling to get really excited over Champions League games this time around?

That's not to say I don't care, but I don't find myself looking forward to them any more than I do with the Europa League normally.
I'm definitely the same not been buzzing for any game. We're just in it to make up the numbers.

I'm definitely the same not been buzzing for any game. We're just in it to make up the numbers.
exactly - the clubs with billionaire owners (or corrupt political backing like Barca and RM) should have their own league and cups

and the rest of normality can crack on with something that has a level playing field

Whatever people feel about the competition it's undoubtedly good for us. Apart from the money, it helps us attract and keep the better players. And it's Spurs under the lights. All good IMO.

Lack of excitement on his is bizarre! I was so nervous for the 90 mins of the CSKA game that it was a horrible Experience! We're not above it, we're not city fans! Try enjoy it! I'm loving it, I'm as nervous watching these games as I've ever been! Maybe it's because we're not smashing teams aside with bale, modric and VDV but those teams (Twente/Bremen) were weaker than these ones!

Hopefully we'll go through, get a PSG/Atletico/Juve type and beat them and you'll remember the romance of that night in the San Siro in 2011! Get behind the lads tonight! Spur them on!

COYS

cockerel-the-mascot-of-tottenham-hotspur-fc-on-the-pitch-at-villa-picture-id82643371

1982 FA Cup Semi vs the racists.
Old Mike Varney there.

Lets get inspired by City, poor run recently but have kept at it. They have turn things around with an excellent result last night on the back of the weekend win. Good sides do this and we are a good side. Brian Leverkusen are there for the beating, they do not travel well losing 7 from 8 away to English teams and only won 1 in 11 in CL group stages.

There is no reason why we should not win this. COYS
City slayed Barca but who slayed city. Come on you spurs well up for this

Back
Top Bottom