***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got banned from football for steroids , have you seen the size of his son?

There's a great documentary about it on iPlayer

Foghorn_Leghorn.png

Like being at school and theres 5 games going on at once across the play ground.

Nothing better than the sight of Harry in full training again, no Alderweireld though.
Edit: just watched the press video...not quite full training yet then...

Last edited:
I'm genuinely confused as to how away teams somehow 'benefit' from playing at Wembley... in front of 85,000 home fans... and yet WE'RE worried about being daunted by it...
Why can't WE feel inspired and benefit from playing in a FULL NATIONAL STADIUM?
Let the away team feel intimidated, I don't get why it's ever been used as an excuse?

Even the 'disruption to the matchday routine' excuse... what do you think the away team have to do? they only get one chance to play there.... we get AT LEAST three! (but more hopefully!)

I'm simply nor buying the 'Wembley factor' if we don't do well tonight....
MONACO had more reasons to feel overawed by it... they get less at home than the old Wimbledon at Plough Lane.. and yet THEY seemed to cope!

Hopefully we can win tonight, and banish all this Wembley curse bullshit!

WE'RE AT WEM-BER-LEY FFS! If THAT can't inspire you to greater things and perform.... nothing will!!

Am I the only one struggling to get really excited over Champions League games this time around?

That's not to say I don't care, but I don't find myself looking forward to them any more than I do with the Europa League normally.

Am I the only one struggling to get really excited over Champions League games this time around?

That's not to say I don't care, but I don't find myself looking forward to them any more than I do with the Europa League normally.

That's probably as our group isn't really eye catching in terms of teams. Happy to be in it though.

After the England farce we have 6 games in 19 as Shopkeeper Poch said!?! Bloody heck, I'm a bit worried about our fitness levels.

Is it summit to do with the fact you (we all) know deep down we don't REALLY have a chance of winning it... even though EVERYONE seemingly wants to play in an over-hyped Competition they have very little realistic chance of winning!
They've all been seduced by the fucking Champions League anthem theme tune!

Yet in the Europa League these past few years, you had the feeling we were GENUINELY in with a shout of winning the thing... if ONLY we'd taken it more seriously! Which we didn't...
...so ended up pissing away the opportunity of European 'not to be sniffed at' Silverware!

Is it summit to do with the fact you (we all) know deep down we don't REALLY have a chance of winning it... even though EVERYONE seemingly wants to play in an over-hyped Competition they have very little realistic chance of winning!
They've all been seduced by the fucking Champions League anthem theme tune!

Yet in the Europa League these past few years, you had the feeling we were GENUINELY in with a shout of winning the thing... if ONLY we'd taken it more seriously! Which we didn't...
...so ended up pissing away the opportunity of European 'not to be sniffed at' Silverware!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there

First time around I knew we had almost no chance of winning the the thing, but it was still exciting, I guess because it was something new/different. Now it feels like we're just making up the numbers and collecting the cash, like almost every club in the damn thing (Yeah, especially you Woolwich bastards) .

I'd also rather we gave the league, and FA cup our full attention over this competition because we've got a much better chance of silverware in either of those scenarios that we do in the "Champions" league.

Back
Top Bottom