The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To any City fans browing the forum:

C2t8BJEWEAcaNWN.jpg

Thoughts:
* City got their tactics spot on and defended well which was a surprise.
* We were a right mess for basically 90 minutes, never seen us that out of shape. Another surprise.
* Dembele, Kane, Eriksen were anonymous today.
* We missed Super Jan more than I thought we would.
* The ref gave us nothing all game except one decision.
* That decision gifted us a point as they should have had a stonewall penalty.
* We're still in the title race but it's hard to see Chelsea slipping up enough now to let us back in.
* Son is a super sub, that's his best role.
* I think this was the kind of game where we really missed Lamela.
* Wanyama can play at CB.
* Lloris rarely makes a mistake that leads to a goal, to make two in one game was very unusual.
* A point is an superb result for us.
* Come backs really feel good.
* Man City must feel proper unlucky.
Dembele was not anonymous- Dele was until his goal. And it was a great goal considering he followed up on a deflection

Weak handball, WTF is that, handball is handball and he scored form his handball.

Yep, agree. It doesn't matter if it was deliberate in that situation except for deciding whether to give him a card. That goal shouldn't have stood technically. Havign said that, Lloris made the mistake, playing it into his body area while trying to direct it to our player, rather than clearing it into space which was safer.

What an unmitigated mess of a match that was. But fuck it all, take the point and run home. We have a lot of sorting out to do again but this could have been much much worse.

I don't think MOTD will agree with you... if it wasn't for Swansea, we'd be on first.

That was one straight out of the; 'Great game for the Neutral' almanac!

We play shit,city get they're goals from our mistakes but we make our chances to get our breaks and we score deservedly so yet what you gonna get? City should have won,should had a pen,well they didn't ha fuckin ha.... Goons get a break against burnley everybody has to suck it!up! so every fecker can suck this up

He controlled it with his fucking hand, you have money on shiteh or what ?
Oh fuck off. Don't act like a tool.

Just because you support one side in a game doesn't mean you have to wear blinkers over what happens in the game in respect of the other......and even if you are right, are you going to claim that their lead was not deserved at the time?

Ref should have given City a pen to be honest.

But I am happy with a point. Would have been even better with a win; many chances to seal the deal.

Let's move on, pray for no injuries.

I take back my earlier statement, man on the back kept Kane onside on the 2nd.

So only the obvious penalty then.

Seems fair.

:sonpoint:

Mariner was shocking all around, though.

Back
Top Bottom