The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts:
* City got their tactics spot on and defended well which was a surprise.
* We were a right mess for basically 90 minutes, never seen us that out of shape. Another surprise.
* Dembele, Kane, Eriksen were anonymous today.
* We missed Super Jan more than I thought we would.
* The ref gave us nothing all game except one decision.
* That decision gifted us a point as they should have had a stonewall penalty.
* We're still in the title race but it's hard to see Chelsea slipping up enough now to let us back in.
* Son is a super sub, that's his best role.
* I think this was the kind of game where we really missed Lamela.
* Wanyama can play at CB.
* Lloris rarely makes a mistake that leads to a goal, to make two in one game was very unusual.
* A point is an superb result for us.
* Come backs really feel good.
* Man City must feel proper unlucky.

The sign of a great team is when you play you're worst football all season, make goal conceding errors, lose your first choice CB pairing completely and still are able to come back , coming away with something.
Well that's what they say when the other lot do so.

13800518782083390549get-out-of-jail-free-card-rob-hans-md.png

Hugo with one of those days (Woolwich at home, Newcastle at home last season).

He's fantastic but his clanger-timing is poor. Do that shit when we're 4-0 up.

Pheuw... We really got away with that one, this will prove a vital point come the end of the season. Hugo will be very disappointed with his performance today considering the potential we had to win the game at 1-0 down, both goals could have been avoided but the man is a legend and rarely puts a foot wrong so can't begrudge him one bit. Son deserves a start in the next match, although he has been super effective as a substitute, not sure how Poch should approach that one.

That Kyle Walker push is the greatest thing I've ever seen. If anyone can get a still, it'll be my new profile pic.

The bollocks to do that, and get away with it.

Brilliance.

To be fair though The first goal was a blatent hand ball so evens it out in the end don't it, plus serves him right, been trying all game o got a pen and never given, the one time he is due one he stays on his feet.....:pochlol:

But... but... but we're clear favourites. ..
City are in disarray. ..
They can't defend
We're on a roll...

I'm sticking to old fashioned pessimism next time.
Fuck this optimistic outlook.
It just ain't Spurs!

A draw that feels like a win is still a draw... but fuckin' hell it was a point earned/stolen!

We fucking lost that game... and yet somehow didn't... that was as unSpursey as you'll ever see (except their two goals, which were straight out of the Spurs Brainfart Hall of fame!)

After that, it was pure nasty streak bad guys don't get what's coming to them after all stuff!

We stole that good and proper. Still, it won't be the only robbery in Manchester this weekend, i'm sure!

Back
Top Bottom