Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all know City are an excellent side with a top manager and some great players. Their pre-money fans are generally sound.
And they dont play in red.

But I am quietly confident for some reason which I can't put my finger on.

I think we will do them doggy-style (come from behind to win).
I think you can add to that a "Lucky Pierre" where the ref fucks us...

From bluemoon...
'Aguero has an awesome record against Spurs and their defending, while much improved under Pochettino, still leaves a lot to be desired. Much like ours in that sense and if they get their tails up early on then it'll be a very open game.'
You what mate we had the joint best defense last year and currently have not conceded from open play.

The forum version of Demichelis

JJ is a little cliche for me. I was going to agree with you up until you mentioned Neville. Keown I don't mind when he's not talking about us. Anyway, I know I started it but this is not a thread for fav pundits.

I like Kerry Dixon when talking about defending but please don't tell anyone.

edit...Lee Dixon not, Kerry Dixon , he can only talk about pies.

you have to take the fact that some players will be more biased toward clubs they played for for a long time, but for me Keown and G Neville are prepared to talk dispassionately about the game, as does Carragher to a greater or lesser extent. For me Jenas does a good job of analysis, and he has been critical of Spurs as part of his analysis just as he has been prepared to praise us.
The article in question is about Spurs - so its daft to condemn it because its by him.
If it was by Keown it would have been slated for not being positive enough.

If you really want to dig in to football reporting - lets tuck into Martin Samuel, now there's a fat, pie factory devouring, know nothing, sack of shit to really get wound up about.....

ps - agree with you about Lee Dixon, he's another good ex pro analyst. Considering he is a die hard citeh fan and ex goon.

The forum version of Demichelis
All football fans do it but they actually think the 'media' is against them. Quite unbelievable they are the darlings at the moment. I hate when people here play the victim about this, we have some of the worst for it. However, how can any of them play that card?

Totally agree about Martin Samuel

Fat piece of shit!

Keown though always look like he is getting ready to attack someone even when he's being nice!
:wansum:

you have to take the fact that some players will be more biased toward clubs they played for for a long time, but for me Keown and G Neville are prepared to talk dispassionately about the game, as does Carragher to a greater or lesser extent. For me Jenas does a good job of analysis, and he has been critical of Spurs as part of his analysis just as he has been prepared to praise us.
The article in question is about Spurs - so its daft to condemn it because its by him.
If it was by Keown it would have been slated for not being positive enough.

If you really want to dig in to football reporting - lets tuck into Martin Samuel, now there's a fat, pie factory devouring, know nothing, sack of shit to really get wound up about.....

ps - agree with you about Lee Dixon, he's another good ex pro analyst. Considering he is a die hard citeh fan and ex goon.
I think Jenas does talk sense on the whole. Personally though I find it a bit hard to listen to him passing judgement on the current Spurs players tactically when he seemed to be missing half a brain on the pitch himself at times.

This is the team I think MP will start with:

Lloris; Walker, Toby A, Verts, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Dele, Eriksen; Son

Bench: Vorm, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Janssen.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to park?

I usually drive to Cheshunt and get the train in from there, but being a Sunday, don't know if I can be arsed queuing at Northumberland Park.

This is the team I think MP will start with:

Lloris; Walker, Toby A, Verts, Davies; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Dele, Eriksen; Son

Bench: Vorm, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Janssen.

If we can get away with 19 starting, it won't matter how shit Bench is.

:adethumbup:

Can't remember if I've posted re this so far (getting old!). Quite nervous about this, as there's no getting away from it, they have a dynamic foward line. However, if we can only take advantage of their shaky defence and bury our chances, then we may get the victory. Here's hoping!!!!

I wont go there? Long live Mr P C Manning.

Peyton-Manning-BMW-commercial.jpg

Back
Top Bottom