Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has zero value regardless.

Why waste another years wages in hope someone is silly enough to pay money for him!?
In the past Levy has extended contracts to players just to earn a paltry fee by loaning them and/or selling them...so I wouldn't be surprised if Levy did it again if he can smell he can make some money.
But, a player who's repeatedly getting injured in training a whole season without playing a game ...well, I agree that he can't be worth much.

Good just dropped a bunch of stinkers as summer targets.

Zabarnyani, some Irish RB at Udinese, that bang average Brazilian at Atalanta…

Hope he’s wrong because none of those links would be a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling
Got a horrible feeling we might spread ourselves too thin with a load of £20m to £30m players. Much rather concentrate on going all out to improve the first team with 2 or 3 real top class players and make up the difference elsewhere, even if that means a bit of squad padding with cheap or free deals like Walker-Peters and Lloyd Kelly.

Maybe those you listed are the cheap squad players but the names flying around at the moment are very underwhelming. Not really seeing anyone mentioned that would improve our 11.

Zabarnyi was very very highly rated before signing for Bournemouth (can't say I watch Bournemouth enough to see how he's doing) but we were linked before so I'd say he was most definitely someone on Paraticis radar.

Zero issues with Ebosele links. We need right wing back depth. He's 21, counts as HG and the last full back we signed from Udinese didn't turn out too bad.

I think the CM and forward links at the least inspiring. Ebosele probably shouldn’t be lumped in there.

Got a horrible feeling we might spread ourselves too thin with a load of £20m to £30m players. Much rather concentrate on going all out to improve the first team with 2 or 3 real top class players and make up the difference elsewhere, even if that means a bit of squad padding with cheap or free deals like Walker-Peters and Lloyd Kelly.

Maybe those you listed are the cheap squad players but the names flying around at the moment are very underwhelming. Not really seeing anyone mentioned that would improve our 11.

Popular opinion would argue that Neto/Olise/Eze/Raphina/Gykores and the like would.

(3 of the 4 would need to stay fit first though.....)

They'd all command primo prices too.

I agree though in that I'd rather 2 x 60m starters and some 'del-boy' deals and Fab-specials for squad players (e.g. Isn't Kelly free in the summer?) rather than a broader sprinkling of 20-30m players only to still end up spending the same net total.

.......Side thought to all this though; I think we've got next to fuck all likely in terms of incoming fees.

I'd be rather pleased with:

- Backup GK: Patterson (SAFC) or Trafford (Burnley)...English, plenty potential...

- Backup WB: one of our own...KWP (he, Porro, Udogie & Emerson is a decent quartet)

- Backup LCB: Buongiorno from Torino...tall, strong, scores goals, gets clean sheets, unlucky with injuries this season (price will come down...happy Daniel) but otherwise always fit, can also play some LB

- Starting DM/CM: never gonna happen, but man I love that Valverde from Real

- Backup CAM: Bergvall probs not ready, ditto Devine so...I'd ask Eriksen if he'd fancy it for a year. Yeah he's 32, but massively experienced and can still do a job, plus great mentor for the kids (even to Mads)

- Starting RW: Gibbs-White

- Backup LW: Illing Jr or Bynoe-Gittens...either of them plus Brennan, MGW, Kulu and that's pretty decent options

- ST: Sonny is getting old, Richy is Richy...that Gyokeres lad does look worthy of a PL shot

Valverde is more of an 8, sometimes InvRF, definitely not a DM

Gibbs-White doesn't play as a RW

EXACTLY what I’m saying mate.

Then next level clearly comes from signing a couple of next level players. It’s just starting to look already like the club aren’t ready to step out of their comfort zone.

This season is another dead end already, if we what we always do in the summer, next season won’t last much longer before it dies as well.

Popular opinion would argue that Neto/Olise/Eze/Raphina/Gykores and the like would.

(3 of the 4 would need to stay fit first though.....)

They'd all command primo prices too.

I agree though in that I'd rather 2 x 60m starters and some 'del-boy' deals and Fab-specials for squad players (e.g. Isn't Kelly free in the summer?) rather than a broader sprinkling of 20-30m players only to still end up spending the same net total.

.......Side thought to all this though; I think we've got next to fuck all likely in terms of incoming fees.
I hadnt seen Olise mentioned. I thought Neto would have been good but i think doing his hamstring yet again has scuppered that one, we'd be mad. Eze & Raphina would improve the 11 to be fair but again Eze has a lot of injuries and Raphina whilst good isnt a real game changer imo.

Sales will hopefully come in volume of players leaving rather than individual prices but clubs are skint. You'd hope we'd find takers for Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Rodon, Tanganga, maybe Emerson but the rest might be an issue.

Last edited:
Good just dropped a bunch of stinkers as summer targets.

Zabarnyani, some Irish RB at Udinese, that bang average Brazilian at Atalanta…

Hope he’s wrong because none of those links would be a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling
We must cut our cloth appropriately

We don't want to break the FFP rules

I hadnt seen Olise mentioned. I thought Neto would have been good but i think doing his hamstring yet again has scuppered that one, we'd be mad. Eze & Raphina would improve the 11 to be fair but again Eze has a lot of injuries and Raphina whilst good isnt a real game changer imo.

Exactly my thoughts on all of them.......

I'm sure things will ramp up and links will multiply in a couple of months; but wouldn't it be nice to have someone pivotal in the bag before the window kicks off proper (e.g. like Chavs/Nkuku).

I wouldn’t be too worried about lack of great names emerging just yet.

In the past year Spurs have done well at keeping transfers secret until the last minute and then surprising everyone.
Eg this Jan, we were after Todibo according to the press, but then opted for Dragusin. Same for Vicario.

I wouldn’t be too worried about lack of great names emerging just yet.

In the past year Spurs have done well at keeping transfers secret until the last minute and then surprising everyone.
Eg this Jan, we were after Todibo according to the press, but then opted for Dragusin. Same for Vicario.

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1772307341821526504

They're gonna extend him and it's gonna cause an absolute meltdown 😆

His value must be zero. This probably goes against the grain but he’s had awful injuries, and I know we aren’t a charity, but sometimes clubs owe it to players to help them out. If we end his contract then hopefully we still let him use the facilities and try and help him get his career back on track. That would be the kind thing to do as a club really.

Back
Top Bottom