Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1772307341821526504

They're gonna extend him and it's gonna cause an absolute meltdown 😆

Not sure Spurs will want to extend, especially as he's out injured for most of rest of the season.

He's currently on about £50k/£60k pw wages (£3m pa) so probably too highly paid for Championship and hasn't proved himself really in PL to be anything other than average. So not sure there is any real re-sale value either.

My bet is he'll be allowed to move at end of his contract, but find it hard to find a club so he'll want to train at Spurs ........ so might be difficult to 'lose' him.

His twin brother Steven now plays for L1 Wigan and I suspect that's the level Ryan will end up as, unless he has a standout season from nowhere next season.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1772307341821526504

They're gonna extend him and it's gonna cause an absolute meltdown 😆

He's been so horrendously unlucky with injuries. As far as I recall, that latest hamstring injury is the other side to the one he had surgery for, so has subsequently had the same surgery for that and theoretically it should resolve that particular problem.

Out of compassion I could see us extending for a year. Would give him one last roll of the dice to try and impress in preseason and stay healthy. Worst case scenario, the same shit happens again and he's gone in a year. If he manages to stay fit he'd probably have some value and we could sell on for something modest.

The biggest risk we'd take is wasting a squad place, to be honest.

Not sure Spurs will want to extend, especially as he's out injured for most of rest of the season.

He's currently on about £50k/£60k pw wages (£3m pa) so probably too highly paid for Championship and hasn't proved himself really in PL to be anything other than average. So not sure there is any real re-sale value either.

My bet is he'll be allowed to move at end of his contract, but find it hard to find a club so he'll want to train at Spurs ........ so might be difficult to 'lose' him.

His twin brother Steven now plays for L1 Wigan and I suspect that's the level Ryan will end up as, unless he has a standout season from nowhere next season.

The club will extend because they wouldn't want to lose him for free, that's how we roll.

Good just dropped a bunch of stinkers as summer targets.

Zabarnyani, some Irish RB at Udinese, that bang average Brazilian at Atalanta…

Hope he’s wrong because none of those links would be a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling

Zabarnyi was very very highly rated before signing for Bournemouth (can't say I watch Bournemouth enough to see how he's doing) but we were linked before so I'd say he was most definitely someone on Paraticis radar.

Zero issues with Ebosele links. We need right wing back depth. He's 21, counts as HG and the last full back we signed from Udinese didn't turn out too bad.

Good just dropped a bunch of stinkers as summer targets.

Zabarnyani, some Irish RB at Udinese, that bang average Brazilian at Atalanta…

Hope he’s wrong because none of those links would be a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling

They're all cover positions

He's been so horrendously unlucky with injuries. As far as I recall, that latest hamstring injury is the other side to the one he had surgery for, so has subsequently had the same surgery for that and theoretically it should resolve that particular problem.

Out of compassion I could see us extending for a year. Would give him one last roll of the dice to try and impress in preseason and stay healthy. Worst case scenario, the same shit happens again and he's gone in a year. If he manages to stay fit he'd probably have some value and we could sell on for something modest.

The biggest risk we'd take is wasting a squad place, to be honest.

Any outgoing fee would be pretty much rendered null by committing to another year of wages and ancillary costs. Besides; he wont have a chance to prove he can stay fit without entering next season..... In which case, the chance to sell would be gone anyway.

Extending his deal - taking a chance of him coming good, staying and signing another full deal (scant chance of all that happening). Unless we are rolling the dice on a footballing future we may as well just cut our losses this summer.

Back
Top Bottom