Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's generally my take on such targets (Raphina + broken Neto & Olise)........ I don't watch a great deal of other teams/leagues, so if we can't come up with players that aren't on my radar; they must be fishing from a pretty shallow pond.

I'm also wary of buying any senior players from Barca.... They're the kings of paying big money for over-hyped players that would still cost top whack on the way out thanks to the outdated Barca aura and the inevitable massive mages.
Im Impressed Good For You GIF by CBS

That looks like a depressing set of targets to me. Surely we’ll punch a bit higher. Apart from the obvious one that won’t happen it all sounds a bit West Ham.
I totally get your point but we ain't ever gonna sign world beaters to play backups.

A young, promising goalie. A fullback who knows the club and can play either side. A highly-rated CB who can cover another position...and who's in Don Fabio's papers already. An old fan favorite who could teach Mads, Sarr, Bergvall & co a fair few tricks. A fast, technically gifted AM/FWD ready for the next level. Another promising youngun to deputise for our existing LW...who would cost a fraction of Timo's wages but probably pay similar dividends. When not read in isolation, I don't think it looks that bad, but just my opinion obviously.

Anyway it's all about that DM and ST/FWD, the biggest priorities...and getting two monsters. Of course, if we could also get an elite winger and WB on top of that, I'd happily take them. But I don't see Levy sign off on 4 expensive newbies. That's where my thinking was, that if we signed 8 players (I think we do need that many), 5 decent backups + 3 exciting starters would be realistic. Also we desperately need English players. My list solves that. And out of all my suggestions, only Eriksen is old, the rest are kids...which matches the club's project.

Who would you have on yours, my good man?

I totally get your point but we ain't ever gonna sign world beaters to play backups.

A young, promising goalie. A fullback who knows the club and can play either side. A highly-rated CB who can cover another position...and who's in Don Fabio's papers already. An old fan favorite who could teach Mads, Sarr, Bergvall & co a fair few tricks. A fast, technically gifted AM/FWD ready for the next level. Another promising youngun to deputise for our existing LW...who would cost a fraction of Timo's wages but probably pay similar dividends. When not read in isolation, I don't think it looks that bad, but just my opinion obviously.

Anyway it's all about that DM and ST/FWD, the biggest priorities...and getting two monsters. Of course, if we could also get an elite winger and WB on top of that, I'd happily take them. But I don't see Levy sign off on 4 expensive newbies. That's where my thinking was, that if we signed 8 players (I think we do need that many), 5 decent backups + 3 exciting starters would be realistic. Also we desperately need English players. My list solves that. And out of all my suggestions, only Eriksen is old, the rest are kids...which matches the club's project.

Oh don’t ask me, I’ve no idea. I’d probably construct an equally disappointing list!

I like Robinson at Fulham as a rotation at left back. I don’t mind KWP but I don’t think he will be on the club’s radar.

Eriksen’s legs have gone I am afraid, but I agree with you on the experience front. We massively need that in the squad to close out games. As a more defensive minded player coming in I would just like one who can technically hold onto the ball well and spray a few passes around.

Agree we need more in attack. Crying out for quality there.

I think we will see quite a few departures and maybe a couple of surprises on that front. Can see a maximum of five coming in although with hopefully a European campaign you never know.

I'd be rather pleased with:

- Backup GK: Patterson (SAFC) or Trafford (Burnley)...English, plenty potential...

- Backup WB: one of our own...KWP (he, Porro, Udogie & Emerson is a decent quartet)

- Backup LCB: Buongiorno from Torino...tall, strong, scores goals, gets clean sheets, unlucky with injuries this season (price will come down...happy Daniel) but otherwise always fit, can also play some LB

- Starting DM/CM: never gonna happen, but man I love that Valverde from Real

- Backup CAM: Bergvall probs not ready, ditto Devine so...I'd ask Eriksen if he'd fancy it for a year. Yeah he's 32, but massively experienced and can still do a job, plus great mentor for the kids (even to Mads)

- Starting RW: Gibbs-White

- Backup LW: Illing Jr or Bynoe-Gittens...either of them plus Brennan, MGW, Kulu and that's pretty decent options

- ST: Sonny is getting old, Richy is Richy...that Gyokeres lad does look worthy of a PL shot
Buongiotno…….unlucky with injuries this season but always fit ? Sometimes regular injuries start with just one bad season.

I'd be rather pleased with:

- Backup GK: Patterson (SAFC) or Trafford (Burnley)...English, plenty potential...

- Backup WB: one of our own...KWP (he, Porro, Udogie & Emerson is a decent quartet)

- Backup LCB: Buongiorno from Torino...tall, strong, scores goals, gets clean sheets, unlucky with injuries this season (price will come down...happy Daniel) but otherwise always fit, can also play some LB

- Starting DM/CM: never gonna happen, but man I love that Valverde from Real

- Backup CAM: Bergvall probs not ready, ditto Devine so...I'd ask Eriksen if he'd fancy it for a year. Yeah he's 32, but massively experienced and can still do a job, plus great mentor for the kids (even to Mads)

- Starting RW: Gibbs-White

- Backup LW: Illing Jr or Bynoe-Gittens...either of them plus Brennan, MGW, Kulu and that's pretty decent options

- ST: Sonny is getting old, Richy is Richy...that Gyokeres lad does look worthy of a PL shot
Selection of wingers offers very little in the way of any of them being high scorers.

KWP knew the club, he wouldn’t recognise it now.

20yo 6'0." 10 in 27 apps.

On 28 August 2023, Soulé joined Serie A club Frosinone on a season-long loan from Juventus. During the first half of the 2023–24 campaign, he managed to accomplish the most successful dribbles in the top European competitions.

Due to his Italian citizenship through ius sanguinis, following his impressive Serie A performances with Frosinone, Soulé was publicly considered in 2023 by Italy manager Luciano Spalletti for a potential call-up with the senior Azzurri squad.

Soulé is a left-footed right winger, noted for his dribbling ability and set-piece taking, earning him comparisons to Angel Di Maria.

Could also be Miguel Almiron
Almiron ain't elite, but he ain't shit either. Since Newcastle have got a good manager in and some proper PL players, he's been pretty good for them. Scored a few, created/assisted a few, and he runs his ass off. This season's been tough on the entire NUFC team, but at times he was excellent. That game he had vs PSG in the CL, that was solid.

No expert but think Soule has a higher ceiling. That said, could also turn into a new Lo Celso or even Coco for us...undeniable talent but can't stay fit and/or produce the goods on a regular basis. Lamely scored 15 for Roma the season before joining us...never got close to that in a Spurs shirt.

Almiron ain't elite, but he ain't shit either. Since Newcastle have got a good manager in and some proper PL players, he's been pretty good for them. Scored a few, created/assisted a few, and he runs his ass off. This season's been tough on the entire NUFC team, but at times he was excellent. That game he had vs PSG in the CL, that was solid.

No expert but think Soule has a higher ceiling. That said, could also turn into a new Lo Celso or even Coco for us...undeniable talent but can't stay fit and/or produce the goods on a regular basis. Lamely scored 15 for Roma the season before joining us...never got close to that in a Spurs shirt.

Lamela had a chronic injury that completely killed his premier league career though.

From what I've seen (superficially), Soule seems to play very similar to Deki. Is he good at 1v1s and beating his man? Otherwise I don't see the point in signing him for the wings even if he has high potential when we already have Deki.

Good just dropped a bunch of stinkers as summer targets.

Zabarnyani, some Irish RB at Udinese, that bang average Brazilian at Atalanta…

Hope he’s wrong because none of those links would be a change in policy to recruit the level of player that raises the ceiling

Back
Top Bottom