Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s not about the player in either example.
It’s not about the player in either example.
Not Modric but Bastoni and surely it is about the player. Its about what they want.

If the reports coming out saying that they want to stay - and not just from Spurs but if I remember correctly independent sources. Then its not always as simple as just chucking more money at them. Some will take the money and some won't.

Not Modric but Bastoni and surely it is about the player. Its about what they want.

If the reports coming out saying that they want to stay - and not just from Spurs but if I remember correctly independent sources. Then its not always as simple as just chucking more money at them. Some will take the money and some won't.
Club needs money, player agrees to move “for the club”

Can you really persuade yourself Tonali wanted to leave his dream club and the city of Milan…. For fucking Newcastle??

Give over

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
Ah here it is. Was waiting for the first one to go “conspiracy” or tin foil hat.

Clearest sign you’ve won the debate and they feel insecure.

It’s not about where the club is. Although, if it were then you weaken your own argument because Inter are clearly ahead of us (domestically and internationally) and were last summer.

The fact that Milan get 70m (in one lump or more) has no bearing on whether Tonali would accept a move. Some players at any given time, due to their circumstances, will move to a specific club for a larger pay packet and others, due to their circumstances, won’t move.
It’s why we have a good shot at getting Maddison, who for personal reasons, prefers to move to London over Newcastle.
Tonali just happened to have a burning desire to leave his dream club and the city of Milan because he wants to learn how to speak Geordie?

Obviously the club persuaded him to go because they wanted the money,

Newcastle helped by offering him big wages.

Club needs money, player agrees to move “for the club”

Can you really persuade yourself Tonali wanted to leave his dream club and the city of Milan…. For fucking Newcastle??

Give over
Mate this is getting silly. Can you really not accept that every human being is different, has different circumstances at any given time, and therefore one might accept a move when another might not. Is that not possible?

I've enjoyed many of your posts in recent days, but on this it seems you're doubling down presumably to save face when all logic says that the alternative might be possible - not definite, I accept that, but a possible explanation for what happened with Bastoni.

If we're looking for #8s, thoughts on Ounahi? Looked great at the World Cup with Morocco. Moved from Angers to Marseille in Jan for €8 million, so €15 million could do the trick.

Mate this is getting silly. Can you really not accept that every human being is different, has different circumstances at any given time, and therefore one might accept a move when another might not. Is that not possible?

I've enjoyed many of your posts in recent days, but on this it seems you're doubling down presumably to save face when all logic says that the alternative might be possible - not definite, I accept that, but a possible explanation for what happened with Bastoni.
Ok.

I can be wrong if it makes you feel comfortable?

All of that is true.

It is also the case that an exciting project offering high wages and CL football has a way of attracting players who might otherwise be unwilling to consider moves.

Not only are different people different, different circumstances are different. The same guy might make a different choice on a different day.

It all nets out to Yoda's insight. Do or do not, there is no try.

Back
Top Bottom