Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Fekir, wish we'd taken a punt on him ages ago, he can play anywhere in the forward areas, including as a CF, but can't see him playing as an 8, even in a CM3 in the PL. He's not as lazy or immobile as some claim, but he's definitely not got the energy or discipline to make it work in midfield in the PL IMO.

I think Spain is where Ndombele will probably end up. The pace and rhythm there would suit better than PL or even France right now I reckon.

I just don't think Ndombele wants to be anywhere other than Lyon...maybe PSG, if his very good mate Mbappe signs a new deal.

He's said stuff that reminded me of that Jesus Navas who used to play for City. He was just so unhappy away from Spain, real homesick and couldn't wait to move back. Tanguy is the same with France, he just needs to be in his own environment, close to his mates. And Ligue 1 suits him, it's his level, he can look a beast in that league and training is much less intense than in the PL.

I love Fekir, wish we'd taken a punt on him ages ago, he can play anywhere in the forward areas, including as a CF, but can't see him playing as an 8, even in a CM3 in the PL. He's not as lazy or immobile as some claim, but he's definitely not got the energy or discipline to make it work in midfield in the PL IMO.

I think Spain is where Ndombele will probably end up. The pace and rhythm there would suit better than PL or even France right now I reckon.

I'd still have Fekir now. He's matured loads in Spain. Plus, great players will always find a way to fit into a system and perform...and a coach like Conte would know how to get the best out of him too. But with his injury record, and seen how below average our medical team is, I'd really worry about his fitness over here.

I'd still have Fekir now. He's matured loads in Spain. Plus, great players will always find a way to fit into a system and perform...and a coach like Conte would know how to get the best out of him too. But with his injury record, and seen how below average our medical team is, I'd really worry about his fitness over here.

Pretty sure his injury record hasn't been a problem since his cruciate with Lyon in 2015

Pretty sure his injury record hasn't been a problem since his cruciate with Lyon in 2015

I seem to remember he had another 2 or 3 injuries at Lyon after that ACL one, but far less serious...think it was a month here, a month there.

He's had a few minor ones at Betis too, I remember reading it was mostly muscular stuff, but he never missed more than a handful of games.

For me, he's a risk in the PL. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, especially in a Spurs shirt, but yeah I have my doubts.

I can see Levy rubbing his hands together after Saturday. "See....I don’t need to spend much at all". It's a worry when the great victory should bring great joy......

I seem to remember he had another 2 or 3 injuries at Lyon after that ACL one, but far less serious...think it was a month here, a month there.

He's had a few minor ones at Betis too, I remember reading it was mostly muscular stuff, but he never missed more than a handful of games.

For me, he's a risk in the PL. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, especially in a Spurs shirt, but yeah I have my doubts.
Intresting stuff. I think if Tanguy Ndombele teaches us anything and Conte has hinted at this himself way more diligence on suitability for the league has to be a priority. I was told very early on that Ndombele and England and his woman were a bigger issue than anything else.

Environment was always a way bigger issue than training or running was for the player. He never mentally settled this effected his form. Then the revolving coaches started. Whom ever we buy Cammivinga or Kessie or Tom Cobbly we can't afford any mistakes. The next window will define us for a decade.

Intresting stuff. I think if Tanguy Ndombele teaches us anything and Conte has hinted at this himself way more diligence on suitability for the league has to be a priority. I was told very early on that Ndombele and England and his woman were a bigger issue than anything else.

Environment was always a way bigger issue than training or running was for the player. He never mentally settled this effected his form. Then the revolving coaches started. Whom ever we buy Cammivinga or Kessie or Tom Cobbly we can't afford any mistakes. The next window will define us for a decade.

We need to sign character before skills.

A world class coach like Conte could teach a donkey how to play great football.

But teaching guys with the wrong mindset about timekeeping, hard work, dedication, selflessness, respect and other such intangible (yet vital) values...that's a whole different ballgame. Even Pep struggles with it. Klopp's had his own battles too.

Bring in 2 or 3 players with a mental a la Roy Keane/Puyol/Maldini/Vieira and we'd be golden. At the moment there's only Harry that's really got the stuff at Spurs...Hugo and Dier to a lesser degree. That's not enough.

We need to sign character before skills.

A world class coach like Conte could teach a donkey how to play great football.

But teaching guys with the wrong mindset about timekeeping, hard work, dedication, selflessness, respect and other such intangible (yet vital) values...that's a whole different ballgame. Even Pep struggles with it. Klopp's had his own battles too.

Bring in 2 or 3 players with a mental a la Roy Keane/Puyol/Maldini/Vieira and we'd be golden. At the moment there's only Harry that's really got the stuff at Spurs...Hugo and Dier to a lesser degree. That's not enough.
I'd throw Son in there as well. And Romero and Dejan are showing signs of it. But otherwise I agree.

We need just as much a cultural shift in the squad as we do a pure player shift.

S2PF27F.png

1zHRN8f.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom