Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much are these players gonna cost? I agree most of then in your list are better. I’ve been going on about lampety but everyone reckons it’s gonna cost £40M plus. Peraira is a good player as well but Leicester sell to us? What i am saying is if we still had him at the club instead of splunking best part of £40M on 2 players who are even worse!

I think Leicester would sell because they have Castagne and Justin as their starting RB's.

Keeping KWP would have been better than wasting money on Aurier, Doherty and Royale but it wouldn't be good enough. He is not close to the level we need if we want to compete. He is at his level now trying to compete for 10th with Southampton.

Even today his supposed good performance is against Norwich. Against the big teams, including us he is constantly invisible or only visible as the defender closest watching the opposition score.

I think Leicester would sell because they have Castagne and Justin as their starting RB's.

Keeping KWP would have been better than wasting money on Aurier, Doherty and Royale but it wouldn't be good enough. He is not close to the level we need if we want to compete. He is at his level now trying to compete for 10th with Southampton.

Even today his supposed good performance is against Norwich. Against the big teams, including us he is constantly invisible or only visible as the defender closest watching the opposition score.
They are not far behind us tbh😀

Your opinion however I’m not evening saying we buy him back. I’m saying we let him go and got a donkey from wolves for approx sane amount and then bought another one for £25M. If he was still with us are you saying he’d be no better than two we have at RB? For contes system, good or bad, he needs 4 quality WBs. Look at his subs he basically changes the WBs more than anyone else. So I’m sure he would have been useful.
Feck the past.
All that matters is the present until the transfer window opens.
IMO Doc is at least as good as KWP.
Royal is not the worst player I have ever seen at THFC either.
Let's play the cards we are dealt with.

KWP have a great gane for soton at LB. Taking on players, holding the ball well and good compulsive. I’d say his playing 10xs better than our fb/WBs.
Certainly looks a lot on the left than when conte has put donkerty or sess out there!
I think that in looking back on the transfers of KWP and PEH, some are feeling buyer’s remorse because PEH hasn’t really kicked on in the way that some thought he might as a young player for Bayern.
Having said that, I don’t think KWP ever looked like a Top 4 full back when we glimpsed him. Of course, our shitshow at RB since has made us all a little nostalgic and forgetful of what we saw.

What's nearly as bad in all this talk of transfer necessity is that we don't even seem to have one youngster breaking through.

It's like we can't buy talent and we haven't got anyone around who can fill obvious gaps.

That's some feat, if only.

I think that in looking back on the transfers of KWP and PEH, some are feeling buyer’s remorse because PEH hasn’t really kicked on in the way that some thought he might as a young player for Bayern.
Having said that, I don’t think KWP ever looked like a Top 4 full back when we glimpsed him. Of course, our shitshow at RB since has made us all a little nostalgic and forgetful of what we saw.

KWP was mishandled since debut which handicapped him, but essentially replacing him with Doh was a bad move regardless...... To then ditch Serge in the next summer just compounded the fuck up.

Serge / KWP + 40m still in the bank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Royal / Doherty in a maaaaaaajor way.

Last edited:
KWP was mishandled since debut which handicapped him, but essentially replacing him was Doh was a bad move regardless...... To then ditch Serge in the next summer just compounded the fuck up.

Serge / KWP + 40m still in the bank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Royal / Doherty in a maaaaaaajor way.
Yep probably never see Doherty get motm in a spurs shirt or multiple assists in a match.

KWP was mishandled since debut which handicapped him, but essentially replacing him was Doh was a bad move regardless...... To then ditch Serge in the next summer just compounded the fuck up.

Every single time I've watched lately KWP he's been a candidate for MOTM. It's depressing as hell.

Please Levy just give Conte some backing.

It doesn't have to be insane spending:

GK

We need to start thinking of Hugo's replacement but it isn't a priority this summer. Are we sending Gollini back? If so we need another number 2.

Defence
2 of Tanganga/Sanchez/Rodon out. Push the boat out for another top option (Pau Torres) and then bring another high potential option in the 20-30m range

Drop 35m on a proper RWB. See if we can work some magic to get another one on the cheap and ship both Emerson and Doherty out

I'm still not convinced by either LWB but willing to give them both another season.

Midfield

I think we need 2 signings and we need to move Winks on. That gives us 5 good CM options for the 2 roles.
This can hopefully be covered by frees and swap deals so not much cash outlay. Kessie and one other would be good.

Attack
I think Kane, Son, Kulu is a very good front 3. Lucas and Berg are decent back ups but I'd be open to upgrading either if the right opportunity came along.
We need to sign that elusive number 9 backup, someone like Weghorst would have been ideal tbh.

In:
Gollini purchase or other GK: 15m
Pau Torres: 50m
Other CB: 25m
RWB: 35m
CM x 2: Frees/swaps
9 backup: 30m

Total spend: 155m

To be offset by the sales/swaps of Dele (10m), Ndombele (30m), Lo Celso (30m), Rodon (15m), Sanchez (30m), Doherty (10m) and maybe Gil (30m).

I think those numbers are fairly conservative.
That's 155m in outgoing value to work with.

Deliver that to Conte and we are a serious force next season in my opinion.

GK
We need to start thinking of Hugo's replacement but it isn't a priority this summer. Are we sending Gollini back? If so we need another number 2.

Defence
2 of Tanganga/Sanchez/Rodon out. Push the boat out for another top option (Pau Torres) and then bring another high potential option in the 20-30m range

Drop 35m on a proper RWB. See if we can work some magic to get another one on the cheap and ship both Emerson and Doherty out

I'm still not convinced by either LWB but willing to give them both another season.

Midfield

I think we need 2 signings and we need to move Winks on. That gives us 5 good CM options for the 2 roles.
This can hopefully be covered by frees and swap deals so not much cash outlay. Kessie and one other would be good.

Attack
I think Kane, Son, Kulu is a very good front 3. Lucas and Berg are decent back ups but I'd be open to upgrading either if the right opportunity came along.
We need to sign that elusive number 9 backup, someone like Weghorst would have been ideal tbh.

In:

To be offset by the sales/swaps of Dele (10m), Ndombele (30m), Lo Celso (30m), Rodon (15m), Sanchez (30m), Doherty (10m) and maybe Gil (30m).

Clap Yes GIF

GK

Defence

Midfield

Attack

In:

We also gotta pay for Romero and Demi though

Angeliño is one player I'd like to see at LWB if Reguilon joins Real M. However if Sessegnon finally starts to live up to his early promises and shold Reguilon stay then I don't see the LWB spot as a priority at all this summer.
And yes I know, it's calciomercato and Barcelona and Woolwich are also being linked with him.

Enzo Fernández (River Plate) has been linked with Spurs... and Real Madrid.

This is one of those headlines that makes it looks like if Spurs only want to buy quality players to "appease" Conte and that is has nothing to do with Spurs' having ambitions to improve their team :rolleyes:

Spurs desperate to beat Newcastle to £30m Sven Botman to appease Antonio Conte

Tottenham desperate to beat Newcastle to £30m Sven Botman to appease Antonio Conte​

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs are concerned they may lose Antonio Conte following the manager's mixed messages, and they are determined to land Lille centre-back Sven Botman ahead of newly-rich Newcastle.

Tottenham are desperate to beat Newcastle to the signature of Lille defender Sven Botman - in order to satisfy Antonio Conte.

The Italian coach is still to be convinced that the club’s hierarchy will back him, as promised, in the transfer market after a mixed January window.

And that makes the North Londoners’ pursuit of a left-footed, left-sided centre-half - as Conte is demanding they get him - an absolute priority this summer.

Dutchman Botman, 22, fits the criteria perfectly - and the Tottenham boss has already given his seal of approval to targeting him.

Which is cranking up the pressure on his chairman Daniel Levy to strike a £30million deal with the French club before Newcastle do.

Most assume the Magpies, who narrowly failed to bring Botman to St James' Park last month, are favourites to succeed next time round - as long as they stay in the Premier League.

Spurs, though, are in no mood to step aside as they fight to persuade Conte they do mean business when it comes to being an authentic top-four contender.

The ex-Chelsea manager’s constant conflicting messages about the state of the Spurs squad is causing huge concern within the boardroom that they may lose one of the game’s elite coaches.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom