Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts:

- Tarkowski is out of contract in June so a loan deal isn't possible.
- Fakir is not a CM. Nor is he a similar player to JWP so why would you present a choice between the two?
- You suggest buying 2 x RWBs but would keep Royal too?
- You list 9 player purchases (which I'm sure you'd concur is impractical/unrealistic); yet clog the list up with a non-essential such as a THIRD striker?
We're talking about a club who's thought process was

Adama -> Diaz -> Kulusevski

And prior to that

Mane -> Sissoko

I'd say his thought process on that point is entirely in keeping with club policy.

We're talking about a club who's thought process was

Adama -> Diaz -> Kulusevski

And prior to that

Mane -> Sissoko

I'd say his thought process is entirely in keeping with club policy.

I think the plan was to sign Adama and Diaz, not one or the other. Then when we failed with both we loaned Kulu who can play the RWB and WF positions that they were meant to.

Alex Scott (Bristol City)

Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring Bristol City 18-year-old midfield talent Alex Scott.
London World understands that Spurs sent senior scout Peter Braund to Ashton Gate recently to make a check on the attacking midfielder, who was this week reportedly on the watch list of West Ham and Everton too.

KWP have a great gane for soton at LB. Taking on players, holding the ball well and good compulsive. I’d say his playing 10xs better than our fb/WBs.
Certainly looks a lot on the left than when conte has put donkerty or sess out there!

KWP have a great gane for soton at LB. Taking on players, holding the ball well and good compulsive. I’d say his playing 10xs better than our fb/WBs.
Certainly looks a lot on the left than when conte has put donkerty or sess out there!
Decision to sell him just gets worse and worse. Excellent player. Would be our best lwb, lb, rb and rwb.

KWP is not remotely close to good enough for us.

He might, and might is the key word. be better than the crap we have now but he is not a good player, not what we need at all.

KWP is not remotely close to good enough for us.

He might, and might is the key word. be better than the crap we have now but he is not a good player, not what we need at all.
did you just say KWP "might" be better than the 2 turbo shits we have In that position?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaya oh man you funny.

He just took on 4 players in LB position driving into the box. How can you say his not good enough for us. Exactly who is then? That is the attitude that has got us into this mess. Turning our noses up to certain players. Buy a couple from Italy and they are gods gift to football. Even the soton CB they got for 10M looks better than most of CBs. Our scouting is shite.

He just took on 4 players in LB position driving into the box. How can you say his not good enough for us. Exactly who is then? That is the attitude that has got us into this mess. Turning our noses up to certain players. Buy a couple from Italy and they are gods gift to football. Even the soton CB they got for 10M looks better than most of CBs. Our scouting is shite.
Soton are playing bottom of the EPL Norwich.
KWP is a good EPL footballer. He is not a top 4 footballer.
Does anyone think he should be selected in the the next England squad?

I didn’t say he should play for England. However a player who can at least control the ball, take on people and cross is surely better than what we have currently. In fact he had a good game v us.

So who do recommend then? His better than 4 we have so 3 to go.

Who do I recommend as a RB/RWB?

i would have added Dumfries in the summer that was my preference. I think if we added Trippier, especially if we also brought in Spence, that is a better option.

Lamptey is a better option, Matty Cash is a better option, Periera is a better option. These are the PL options that are very much available.

Plenty more options in Europe and a lot more options if we are willing to spend what we should to improve the position.

No what got us into this position is thinking that mediocre players like KWP- Dier, Moura, Wanks, Alli, Davies, Sanchez, PEH- are good enough.

We need to stop looking at slight upgrades on the shit players we have and look for players that are actually good.

KWP is light years behind the FB's at the top 3 clubs. He is light years behind Reguilon and the FB's at United. Being slightly better than Royale and Doherty isn't good enough.

Your opinion however I’m not evening saying we buy him back. I’m saying we let him go and got a donkey from wolves for approx sane amount and then bought another one for £25M. If he was still with us are you saying he’d be no better than two we have at RB? For contes system, good or bad, he needs 4 quality WBs. Look at his subs he basically changes the WBs more than anyone else. So I’m sure he would have been useful.

Who do I recommend as a RB/RWB?

i would have added Dumfries in the summer that was my preference. I think if we added Trippier, especially if we also brought in Spence, that is a better option.

Lamptey is a better option, Matty Cash is a better option, Periera is a better option. These are the PL options that are very much available.

Plenty more options in Europe and a lot more options if we are willing to spend what we should to improve the position.
How much are these players gonna cost? I agree most of then in your list are better. I’ve been going on about lampety but everyone reckons it’s gonna cost £40M plus. Peraira is a good player as well but Leicester sell to us? What i am saying is if we still had him at the club instead of splunking best part of £40M on 2 players who are even worse!

Back
Top Bottom