Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably but he was mentioned a lot earlier. Just to emphasise our transfer policy. Frustrating when we miss out on so many players for what ever reason and then buy 2nd/3rd options.

Looks like Franck Kessie is heading to Barca. According to this article, Barca have held negotiations with Kessie for the last few months and those negotiations have intensified over the last few weeks. Sport.es are generally (but not always) spot on when it comes to Barca transfers; so I think we can cross out Kessie as a potential summer window target.

El futuro de Franck Kessié empieza a teñirse de blaugrana. El Barça, que ya inició las negociaciones con el marfileño hace meses, las ha intensificado en las últimas semanas. El club y el centrocampista del Milan han aproximado sus posturas en el plano económico, por lo que su llegada al Camp Nou está, cada vez, más cerca.

Eduardo Camavinga is out of favor with Ancelotti apparently. He's only played 2 minutes in the last 4 games. I presume it's purely footballing reasons that is keeping him out of the 1st team. Of course, but he was touted as the "next big thing" - so he was either over-hyped and simply not found his footing at Real M. For a "decent" price I wouldn't mind him at Spurs though.

I said in another post a couple days ago I think we need at least 9 in. I suggested:
  1. Hendo (and new Academy kid) at GK
  2. Maehle at RWB
  3. Djed at RWB
  4. Tarko (on loan) at CB
  5. Kilman at LCB
  6. Wijndal at LWB
  7. Ward-Prowse or Fekir at CM
  8. Hlozek at CF
  9. Brereton at CF
Untouchables from current squad:
Hugo, Rom, Dier, Rod, Oli, Dej, Kane, Son

Definite outgoings:
Gollini, Austin, Alfie, Doherty, CCV, Sanch, Reggy, Ndomb, GLC, Clarke, Bergy...some for the $$$ they'd put in the coffers, others because they are shite

Keeping (for HG purposes & realism):
Royal, Tangs, Rodon (loaned out), Davies, Sess, Hoj, Winks, White (loaned out), Sarr (loaned out), Lucas, Troy (loaned out), Gil
  • That was me being generous cause Royal, Sess & Winks must go
  • Fine with Tangs, Big Ben & Hoj playing garbage mins in the PL and allowing us to rotate in Cups
  • Lucas, cool if he stays to back-up Kulu/better (speedier!) RW option but cool if he goes back to Brazil
  • Young Bryan deserves a chance to show what he can do
In a nutshell: our current squad is well below par and needs a MAJOR rebuild in the summer. But as someone on here replied to my original post, we'd be lucky to get 2 ins and 4 outs!

Fekir CM?

Eduardo Camavinga is out of favor with Ancelotti apparently. He's only played 2 minutes in the last 4 games. I presume it's purely footballing reasons that is keeping him out of the 1st team. Of course, but he was touted as the "next big thing" - so he was either over-hyped and simply not found his footing at Real M. For a "decent" price I wouldn't mind him at Spurs though.

I think Camavinga's issue is that he is directly competing with Kroos, Casemiro and Modric, who are still really really good. And Ancelotti hates rotating. He will play his first 11 in every game unless one is injured.

Fede Valverde was coming along really well under Zidane and looked set to become a nailed on starter for the future, but he has suffered as well under Carlo.

I think that it speaks more about Carlo's managment style more than anything.

I think Camavinga's issue is that he is directly competing with Kroos, Casemiro and Modric, who are still really really good. And Ancelotti hates rotating. He will play his first 11 in every game unless one is injured.

Fede Valverde was coming along really well under Zidane and looked set to become a nailed on starter for the future, but he has suffered as well under Carlo.

I think that it speaks more about Carlo's managment style more than anything.
Ancelotti is the ultimate ‘only want experienced, ready made players’ manager.

Ancelotti is the ultimate ‘only want experienced, ready made players’ manager.
He'll play a youngster when it is clear that he is their best player in that position, like DCL at Everton or Vinicius at Madrid.

But yeah. He wants experience and players that he knows will take care of themselves. He's even worse at fitness management than Jose.

Tottenham are reportedly right at the front of the queue, which includes Everton and West Ham United, for Bristol City’s teenager Alex Scott, who is said to have supported the north London club when he was growing up.

The 18-year-old has turned heads with his emergence at Ashton Gate this season, quickly becoming one of the first names on Nigel Pearson’s team sheet and controlling games from midfield.
Everton, Leicester City, and West Ham have all been touted with an interest ahead of the summer and it seems they’re not the only top flight club keen.
According to London World, senior Spurs scout Peter Braund was sent to Ashton Gate recently to run the rule over Scott and has watched him for England U19s previously.
The report claims that the north London club are right at the front of the queue for the teenager and it seems they have an added advantage as it is understood he supported them as a child.

Prizing him away from the Robins may not be cheap, however, as Scott signed a new deal in August that runs until 2025.

The Verdict

It appears Spurs are the latest club to join the queue for City’s star on the rise, who is looking increasingly likely to be on the move this summer.

They famously missed out on Jack Grealish but Scott has been dubbed the ‘Guernsey Grealish’ due to similarities in their playstyles and on-field appearance.

That the teenager was a fan of the club growing up is an added advantage and surely one that they’ll look to utilise should a bidding war break out.

He looks a player with a ridiculously high ceiling, given he’s already producing regular man-of-the-match performances in the Championship.

Fekir CM?

Yes, as an attacking CM a la Eriksen so with freedom to roam. At Betis he covers as much ground on the left wing as he does on the right, he doesn't just play centrally.

The main thing with Fekir is he's had a fair few injuries and I think Spain is a lot easier on his body, I'm really not sure he could deal with the physicality in the PL. But if he were able to, he'd be a great buy for any team cause he's a very, very good player.

I thought that even South Africans living in their basement were given basic reading lessons. I apologise you must have missed them. Let me simplify it for you

1. Villa did not unconditionally accept Spurs £25m bid for Grealish - both sides thought it would g through but the new owner said 'NO' - he preferred to get Villa into PL (and 20/20 hindsight hpws new owner was right.

2 Strange how everybody but you understood Traore situation - he wanted to go to Barclenoa, not a lot Spurs could do

3 See (2) except player wanted Liverpool, and Spurs seem to have been played by Mendes in helping the player achieve his goal.

4 Given Woolwich were offering huge sums of money to get the striker before the stat of TW and failed as he seemed to want to stay in a league which he knew (versus the tougher PL) .... no surprise our bids got nowhere either.

However we did get what appears from the first few matches 2 very worthwhile players.

Time you got out from your mum's basement. I understand South Africa is nice at this time of year to play outside.
He has to put his coat on first!
Dog Roll Over GIF by AFV Pets

Yes, as an attacking CM a la Eriksen so with freedom to roam. At Betis he covers as much ground on the left wing as he does on the right, he doesn't just play centrally.

The main thing with Fekir is he's had a fair few injuries and I think Spain is a lot easier on his body, I'm really not sure he could deal with the physicality in the PL. But if he were able to, he'd be a great buy for any team cause he's a very, very good player.

I love Fekir, wish we'd taken a punt on him ages ago, he can play anywhere in the forward areas, including as a CF, but can't see him playing as an 8, even in a CM3 in the PL. He's not as lazy or immobile as some claim, but he's definitely not got the energy or discipline to make it work in midfield in the PL IMO.

I think Spain is where Ndombele will probably end up. The pace and rhythm there would suit better than PL or even France right now I reckon.

I love Fekir, wish we'd taken a punt on him ages ago, he can play anywhere in the forward areas, including as a CF, but can't see him playing as an 8, even in a CM3 in the PL. He's not as lazy or immobile as some claim, but he's definitely not got the energy or discipline to make it work in midfield in the PL IMO.

I think Spain is where Ndombele will probably end up. The pace and rhythm there would suit better than PL or even France right now I reckon.
Yeah, I remember watching Lyon to "scout" another player that we were supposed to be interested in (can't even remember the name) and Fekir was VG.
Haven't seen him for a while but 9 in 33 this season. Probs too old at 28.

Yeah, I remember watching Lyon to "scout" another player that we were supposed to be interested in (can't even remember the name) and Fekir was VG.
Haven't seen him for a while but 9 in 33 this season. Probs too old at 28.

Yeah, the Fekir ship sailed unfortunately. That other player might have been Lacazette or Tolisso?

Back
Top Bottom