Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m seeing Max Kilman getting attention for his Wolves performance. I’ve not paid attention but could he be an LCB solution for us?

transfermarkt.com has him down as left footed, Wolves play a back 3 with the second best defence in the league and he’s homegrown.

You clearly read news very selectively

1 Spurs had made an offer for Grealish which Villa owner said he would agree to, but as they were selling the club there was an agreement not to sell any assets/players (standard practice on sale of a company). Sale was completed faster than anyone expected and new owner said 'not interested in £25m for Grealish when getting to PL is worth £300m to us, and we need Grealish to get there'. All that carried in full by Birmingham press at the time.

2 Traore had said he wanted to return to his boyhood club, Barcelona, so when Spurs bid, Barcelona were alerted and came in with a similar bid which player preferred. No way wre Spurs ever going to win in that situation.

3. Diaz had a bid accepted but Liverpool came in with a similar bid - strong rumours that was instigated by Mendes - and player preferred Liverpool as he had heard of nerds like Arcspace badmouthing so many players and he didn't want to be the next victim

So hope that's clear to you.
1. If we closed the deal quicker - he would have been ours - point stands - Levy fucked up

2. Traore was ours already in the summer but the bald lying cunt fucked around with shitty loan deals. Then in January continued the same penny-pinching approach

3. If we offered his full fee initially we would have at the very least given us serious consideration - instead we try to low-ball as usual

4. We ended up with 2 rejects to fund their Vlahovic buy - humiliating - while both players improve our starting 11 (not very hard atm) we still fell short of our main targets which was a CB and a Kane backup

When it comes to the Traore deal I’m inclined to agree with ArcspacE ArcspacE (can’t believe I just said that..) and say there’s at least a solid chance our ridiculously long pursuit of the player gave Barcelona the chance to hijack. But hey, maybe he was set on them the whole time and they were always ready to hop in with a bid..

I don’t really blame the club for Diaz, but do view the whole deal a bit suspiciously. It was all a bit odd. I know the dad came out and said we dithered so that’s something, but even if we’d gone in with the full fee from day one I’m doubtful Liverpool don’t match it and get him instead still. They’re just a much bigger draw.

I think we dallied on Traore age got burned. I believe that if we were convinced by him, we wouldn’t have, he was one that he liked but had a limit on how far we’d go for him.

Diaz I think we had no chance barring Liverpool suddenly changing their minds. You win some you lose some.

I’m seeing Max Kilman getting attention for his Wolves performance. I’ve not paid attention but could he be an LCB solution for us?

transfermarkt.com has him down as left footed, Wolves play a back 3 with the second best defence in the league and he’s homegrown.
He's having a really good season, that's for certain. His performance against us wasn't an isolated incident, he's had plenty such eye-catching games.

Indeed he's left-footed but plays at RCB cause Saiss is also a leftie but far less comfortable on his wrong foot.

Quite the fan of the kid, he's big & strong, not afraid of putting a meaty tackle in, he can run, dribble, pass...his futsal background also means he's got pretty good technique and is used to repeating high intensity efforts. And at 24, he's got a bit of maturity too.

I'd defo be keen, though he wouldn't come cheap. And he was born in Chelsea, that's a big minus 🤣

I think we dallied on Traore age got burned. I believe that if we were convinced by him, we wouldn’t have, he was one that he liked but had a limit on how far we’d go for him.

Diaz I think we had no chance barring Liverpool suddenly changing their minds. You win some you lose some.
We were right to be unsure and we were right not to spend 30m on him.

The year is 2068 and Gazzapen Gazzapen is still going on about how it's all Levy's fault that Diaz went to Liverpool and Traore to Barca

Till Death.

The Year 2068 and Jaynola still believes Spurs are Top 6 with zero (0) trophies in the cabinets. At least every time he walks to the stadium, to take his overpriced season standing spot, he'll be able to proudly say, "It gave me such pleasure helping build those beautiful apartments for those mighty nice rich people. I was so privileged Daniel gave me the opportunity to be a part of The Clubs Growth".

Till Death.

The Year 2068 and Jaynola still believes Spurs are Top 6 with zero (0) trophies in the cabinets. At least every time he walks to the stadium, to take his overpriced season standing spot, he'll be able to proudly say, "It gave me such pleasure helping build those beautiful apartments for those mighty nice rich people. I was so privileged Daniel gave me the opportunity to be a part of The Clubs Growth".

Theory:

Igula Igula pays you to make him look smarter.

1. If we closed the deal quicker - he would have been ours - point stands - Levy fucked up

2. Traore was ours already in the summer but the bald lying cunt fucked around with shitty loan deals. Then in January continued the same penny-pinching approach

3. If we offered his full fee initially we would have at the very least given us serious consideration - instead we try to low-ball as usual

4. We ended up with 2 rejects to fund their Vlahovic buy - humiliating - while both players improve our starting 11 (not very hard atm) we still fell short of our main targets which was a CB and a Kane backup

I thought that even South Africans living in their basement were given basic reading lessons. I apologise you must have missed them. Let me simplify it for you

1. Villa did not unconditionally accept Spurs £25m bid for Grealish - both sides thought it would g through but the new owner said 'NO' - he preferred to get Villa into PL (and 20/20 hindsight hpws new owner was right.

2 Strange how everybody but you understood Traore situation - he wanted to go to Barclenoa, not a lot Spurs could do

3 See (2) except player wanted Liverpool, and Spurs seem to have been played by Mendes in helping the player achieve his goal.

4 Given Woolwich were offering huge sums of money to get the striker before the stat of TW and failed as he seemed to want to stay in a league which he knew (versus the tougher PL) .... no surprise our bids got nowhere either.

However we did get what appears from the first few matches 2 very worthwhile players.

Time you got out from your mum's basement. I understand South Africa is nice at this time of year to play outside.

I thought that even South Africans living in their basement were given basic reading lessons. I apologise you must have missed them. Let me simplify it for you

1. Villa did not unconditionally accept Spurs £25m bid for Grealish - both sides thought it would g through but the new owner said 'NO' - he preferred to get Villa into PL (and 20/20 hindsight hpws new owner was right.

2 Strange how everybody but you understood Traore situation - he wanted to go to Barclenoa, not a lot Spurs could do

3 See (2) except player wanted Liverpool, and Spurs seem to have been played by Mendes in helping the player achieve his goal.

4 Given Woolwich were offering huge sums of money to get the striker before the stat of TW and failed as he seemed to want to stay in a league which he knew (versus the tougher PL) .... no surprise our bids got nowhere either.

However we did get what appears from the first few matches 2 very worthwhile players.

Time you got out from your mum's basement. I understand South Africa is nice at this time of year to play outside.
:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

When it comes to the Traore deal I’m inclined to agree with ArcspacE ArcspacE (can’t believe I just said that..) and say there’s at least a solid chance our ridiculously long pursuit of the player gave Barcelona the chance to hijack. But hey, maybe he was set on them the whole time and they were always ready to hop in with a bid..

I don’t really blame the club for Diaz, but do view the whole deal a bit suspiciously. It was all a bit odd. I know the dad came out and said we dithered so that’s something, but even if we’d gone in with the full fee from day one I’m doubtful Liverpool don’t match it and get him instead still. They’re just a much bigger draw.
The more I think about it, it's strange to say but maybe we were too early moving for Diaz.

I think you're spot on with Traore but I didn't want him anyways, but maybe if we'd dropped in with our offer for Diaz with just a few days to go then Liverpool wouldn't have been left with enough time to complete all the paperwork.

But you're also right that Liverpool completed a signing in two days that we'd been agonizing over.

Back
Top Bottom