Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is as good as gone in the summer, levy needs to assure Conte of a huge summer budget to build a team he desires post-kane. Else spurs will be Everton next season
Yeah, I think you're right.

summer needs a minimum of 7 out and 8 in.

2 RB's
1 LB if reg stays
2 CB's
2 CM's that can both pass a ball forward with intent and precision
1 ST if kane stays 2 if hes off

winks off
davies off
doherty off
emerson off
rodon off
sessegnon off
sanchez off

Royale
Hoijberge
Winks
Sessingnon
Sanches
Lucas

If we have not replace these anti footballers before preseason Then forget it. Utterly hopeless everyone anyone defending any of their reasons for remaining at our club...you don't understand football. I don't care of they try, if they have passion or are nice people(or once scored a memorable hatrick even) or came through the academy. They totally undermine our attempts at playing progressive football.

Hoijberge would be great at Burnley, Winks at a mid table championship team say QPR Royale well Betis in la liga liked him, Sanches Sassulo, Lucas MLS.
Whoever scouted Hoijberge Royale Gollin...Well I don't want them near Spurs.

Royale
Hoijberge
Winks
Sessingnon
Sanches
Lucas
Yeah agree with that lot especially as they are always in and around the first team. Sanchez Sess, Winks and Moura all date back to the demise of Poch. You can also add our clearly not good enough squad filler, Gollini, Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga, Bergwijn. Then there is Ndombele and Lo Celso. I wish we could sell the lot however unrealistic that may be. Thats 13 players. What a mess.

My fingers ache but I have a hard time overcoming that fact Spurs let Tomiyasu go. He can play as RB, RWB, CB, LB and DM and cost only 16M. It looks as if it was Nuno rather than Paratici who turned him down, as Spurs were actively signing him until Nuno arrived. But the fact that Emerson became available after things changed at Barca also played its part...

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/09/ben-...omiyasu-is-the-best-hes-played-with-15889343/

"Tomi is amazing. He’s the best right-back I’ve ever played with. He’s always focused. It’s an honour to play next to him,"White told DAZN Japan.
"Tomi does the simple things at a world-class level. He is very alert and he isn’t careless in games.
"From the beginning he’s completely understood English and speaks as well as I do."

Last edited:

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham eye Unai Simon as Lloris replacement​

Spain No.1 attracting Premier League interest

Tottenham Hotspur have been keeping tabs on Athletic Club and Spain No.1 Unai Simon, as they view him as a potential long-term replacement for Hugo Lloris between the sticks.
The Frenchman is club captain at Spurs and remains first choice, as he has been for close to a decade. Lloris signed a new contract recently, but he turned 35 in December and the idea at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is to undergo a transition period while he remains at the club.

Unai Simon's impressive displays for club and country have caught the eye in London and at just 24 years old he already has almost 100 LaLiga Santander appearances - the 100th will come at the Camp Nou on Sunday - to his name, along with 20 Spain caps.

Representing La Roja, Unai Simon is a European champion at under-21 and under-19 level, as well as an Olympic silver medallist. Now firmly Luis Enrique's No.1 in Spain's senior squad, he featured in the run to the Euro 2020 semi-finals and the Nations League final in 2021.

Does Unai Simon have a release clause?​

If Spurs are serious about pursuing Unai Simon, however, the Basque 'keeper won't come cheaply or easily. He has a contract with Los Leones until 2025 which contains no release clause, a statement of loyalty that has been a feature of numerous recent contract renewals at San Mames.

"As long as Athletic want me here, I'll stay," said Unai Simon the last time he was asked about his future.

"I owe the life I have to Athletic and I want to pay them back the best way I can, which is by defending the goal at San Mames in every game."

Spurs do have another potential Lloris replacement already on the books in Pierluigi Gollini, as the Italian goalkeeper signed on loan from Atalanta last summer in a deal which includes an option to buy and an option to extend the loan by another year.

So far, though, the 27-year-old has played 10 games for the club, but none in the Premier League. If he plays 20 times, the buy option is activated automatically.

I can take or leave Mee/Tarkowski, but we need to get Dwight McNeil.

He'd be a better LWB than we have at the club, and frankly better than Son in most aspects of the game. The boy has incredible heart, have him crossing to Son and Kane in the middle.
I said this a while ago don't want the two anti football cloggers but McNeil would certainly have a place. NO MORE ANTI FOOTBALLERS we are stuffed with them.

summer needs a minimum of 7 out and 8 in.

2 RB's
1 LB if reg stays
2 CB's
2 CM's that can both pass a ball forward with intent and precision
1 ST if kane stays 2 if hes off

winks off
davies off
doherty off
emerson off
rodon off
sessegnon off
sanchez off
I said in another post a couple days ago I think we need at least 9 in. I suggested:
  1. Hendo (and new Academy kid) at GK
  2. Maehle at RWB
  3. Djed at RWB
  4. Tarko (on loan) at CB
  5. Kilman at LCB
  6. Wijndal at LWB
  7. Ward-Prowse or Fekir at CM
  8. Hlozek at CF
  9. Brereton at CF
Untouchables from current squad:
Hugo, Rom, Dier, Rod, Oli, Dej, Kane, Son

Definite outgoings:
Gollini, Austin, Alfie, Doherty, CCV, Sanch, Reggy, Ndomb, GLC, Clarke, Bergy...some for the $$$ they'd put in the coffers, others because they are shite

Keeping (for HG purposes & realism):
Royal, Tangs, Rodon (loaned out), Davies, Sess, Hoj, Winks, White (loaned out), Sarr (loaned out), Lucas, Troy (loaned out), Gil
  • That was me being generous cause Royal, Sess & Winks must go
  • Fine with Tangs, Big Ben & Hoj playing garbage mins in the PL and allowing us to rotate in Cups
  • Lucas, cool if he stays to back-up Kulu/better (speedier!) RW option but cool if he goes back to Brazil
  • Young Bryan deserves a chance to show what he can do
In a nutshell: our current squad is well below par and needs a MAJOR rebuild in the summer. But as someone on here replied to my original post, we'd be lucky to get 2 ins and 4 outs!

I said in another post a couple days ago I think we need at least 9 in. I suggested:
  2. Maehle at RWB
  3. Djed at RWB
  4. Tarko (on loan) at CB
  5. Kilman at LCB
  6. Wijndal at LWB
  8. Hlozek at CF
  9. Brereton at CF

Definite outgoings:
Gollini, Austin, Alfie, Doherty, CCV, Sanch, Reggy, Ndomb, GLC, Clarke, Bergy...some for the $$$ they'd put in the coffers, others because they are shite

Royal, Tangs, Rodon (loaned out), Davies, Sess, Hoj, Winks, White (loaned out), Sarr (loaned out), Lucas, Troy (loaned out), Gil
  • Fine with Tangs, Big Ben & Hoj playing garbage mins in the PL and allowing us to rotate in Cups
  • Lucas, cool if he stays to back-up Kulu/better (speedier!) RW option but cool if he goes back to Brazil
In a nutshell: our current squad is well below par and needs a MAJOR rebuild in the summer. But as someone on here replied to my original post, we'd be lucky to get 2 ins and 4 outs!
if we can upgrade winks with ward-prowse that would be a dream. thats the sort of level you'd want to have in rotation with the main 2 CM's.

yea its a big job but an exciting one. far too many players in our squad are punching well above their weight and enough is enough.

if we can upgrade winks with ward-prowse that would be a dream. thats the sort of level you'd want to have in rotation with the main 2 CM's.

yea its a big job but an exciting one. far too many players in our squad are punching well above their weight and enough is enough.
100%, my friend.

If Levy thinks we can qualify for the CL again and win something with such a poor squad, he's friggin deluded. They wouldn't even win a game at Mecca Bingo.

Should we sell the likes of Sanch, Reguilon, Dombs, GLC and Bergy, we should recoup some pretty decent cash. Even the likes of Sess, Winks and Hojbjerg could (should) bring in about 10 mil each if they went. And we've still got some Dele cash to come in at some point. So the bald villain has got no excuse.

2. Maehle at RWB
  3. Djed at RWB
  4. Tarko (on loan) at CB
  5. Kilman at LCB
  6. Wijndal at LWB
  8. Hlozek at CF
  9. Brereton at CF

Definite outgoings:

Thoughts:

- Tarkowski is out of contract in June so a loan deal isn't possible.
- Fakir is not a CM. Nor is he a similar player to JWP so why would you present a choice between the two?
- You suggest buying 2 x RWBs but would keep Royal too?
- You list 9 player purchases (which I'm sure you'd concur is impractical/unrealistic); yet clog the list up with a non-essential such as a THIRD striker?

After a great start Villa haven't won many since Coutinho signed, new James?

Was always going to happen, he is a busted flush. He will have his moments of quality but if he could produce them consistently he wouldn’t have been sent away from
Barcelona.

Some people are suggesting 8+ players to come in one window, that never ever works. We should remember well what happened when Bale left and we signed 7 players to replace him.

I’d be happy with a quality RWB, a quality CB, a quality CM and a reserve striker. Then our squad would have a good balance and some of the current starters would be demoted to squad player status which is where they belong.

Back
Top Bottom