Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toby doesn’t need babysitting, in fact he can do the babysitting, like Sanchez does and even as he declines is likely to be better than Sanchez for the next two seasons.

I would much rather have Toby playing with a guy like Rodon or Tanganga, whether in EL, League Cup or the PL than Sanchez.
He is not going to be better than Sanchez in the next two season. His intermittent availability already raises the question of if he is even better than Sanchez this season.

If quality CBs are being brought in, the value in keeping Toby plummets. I would rather have Sanchez alongside a quality CB, than have the slower Toby who can't recover from a high line.

You want the defence to play the same way consistently, not having to adjust
heavily everytime the geriatric is in the lineup.

Some rumours from last couple of months showing we're interested in Botman.

Not sure how much one can judge from Ligue 1, but Lille have conceded fewest goals in the league. Wouldn't mind getting Botman and Maignon from them if we could.

Maybe we should do a double signing of Botman and Robben.

I'd go for Ward -Prowse and Grealish. Ward-prowse is a work horse with a brilliant set piece and Grealish is the creative essence we miss, but its only my humble opinion
I’d take both of them too.
Unfortunately I think Grealish is now out of our price range, he would be around the 60-75M mark, even in this current climate.
he’s young, a damn good player, and English.
He will end up at city or United.

Ward-Prowse would be a more realistic signing, but isn’t he too similar to Hojberg?

But here he is out on loan at Fulham. Obviously Lyon didn't get what they thought they were paying for

Like I said he is great on the ball and was second only to bonucci in passing iirc. It is his defending that is questionable imo.
Fair.

Imo if we sell Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Doherty we can raise £50M.
Anderson & Botman, £60M, can be new CB pairing; and Sessegnon Tanganga can replace Davies Doherty as our back up full backs.

Worth a punt surely?

He is not going to be better than Sanchez in the next two season. His intermittent availability already raises the question of if he is even better than Sanchez this season.

If quality CBs are being brought in, the value in keeping Toby plummets. I would rather have Sanchez alongside a quality CB, than have the slower Toby who can't recover from a high line.

You want the defence to play the same way consistently, not having to adjust
heavily everytime the geriatric is in the lineup.

He is much, much better than Sanchez right now, that isn't even a question or debate. He is by far the better CB.

Sanchez can cover the space but does nothing once he has covered it, I would rather someone who is smart enough to not put himself in a bad spot more often than not and can recover on the rare times that he does.

There is no adjustment needed when Toby plays like there is when Sanchez plays because the other CB doesn't have to do his job and Toby's like they do for Sanchez.

Unfortunately I think Grealish is now out of our price range, he would be around the 60-75M mark, even in this current climate.

Ward-Prowse would be a more realistic signing, but isn’t he too similar to Hojberg?
I was thinking that but they did play next to each other so there must be a chemistry that works.

I don't think Pep would want anything to do with him. Perhaps if Pep leaves and they go with another Mancini or Pellegrini level manager.

This guy keeps linking us to good players. I really like Gonzalez, very skilled, excellent dribbler, scores all kinds of goals, good pass and cross, terrier in his hounding and pressing. Bundesliga defending can be dogshit so hard to judge his ceiling, but he's been good for Argentina as well. Hopefully not too injury prone.

Mind you, we would finally have a solution to our direct free kick issue that some view that we have.
He is decent at getting them on target
Funnily enough, Kane's free kicks are trending a bit better recently. Seems to be placing them a bit more the last month.

This guy keeps linking us to good players. I really like Gonzalez, very skilled, excellent dribbler, scores all kinds of goals, good pass and cross, terrier in his hounding and pressing. Bundesliga defending can be dogshit so hard to judge his ceiling, but he's been good for Argentina as well. Hopefully not too injury prone.

Does he have the ability to dribble really fast down blind alleys?

If he does then he’ll fit in well with our other attackers

Yes Ward-Prowse helps with set pieces and corners, but that is really all he brings to us for the PL. He isn't good enough to start, especially if PEH is already there.

Plus for him to come here and be a back-up I am not sure makes much sense for him. Southampton is a perfect level team for him, he has been there his whole career, I think he stays.

I'd take Andersen, Aarons, Ward-Prowse and Raphina. All good, sensible and realistic enough signings. Who we would love to sign will simply be out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom