Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take both of them too.
Unfortunately I think Grealish is now out of our price range, he would be around the 60-75M mark, even in this current climate.
he’s young, a damn good player, and English.
He will end up at city or United.

Ward-Prowse would be a more realistic signing, but isn’t he too similar to Hojberg?
This is so bloody depressing talking up crap players like Andersen and Ward-prowse. Because players we should be all over like Grealish and Denis Zakaria our multi billionaire octogenarian owner won't put his hand in his pocket for!
Uncle Joe please you've not long left live a little.
Grealish
Zakaria
Botman
Calanoglu
Milenkovic
Aarons
Naggelsmann

Fixed us....

This is so bloody depressing talking up crap players like Andersen and Ward-prowse. Because players we should be all over like Grealish and Denis Zakaria our multi billionaire octogenarian owner won't put his hand in his pocket for!
Uncle Joe please you've not long left live a little.
Grealish
Zakaria
Botman
Calanoglu
Milenkovic
Aarons
Naggelsmann

Fixed us....

How is Ward-Prowse crap? Even taking out his set pieces, which he's arguably the best in the league at currently, at worst he's a tidy player. I'd take him over Winks and Sissoko all day, every day.

He isn't good enough he is less press resistant than Winks. He is elevated only by his dead ball prowess. Seriously Spaniel there's a reason he is 26 years old and has only four England caps.
I respectfully disagree. I think his lack of caps is more due to the shortsightedness of England managers wanting to bring in "stars". I don't notice England being much good at the moment. He would improve them in my opinion. Of course his dead ball ability (he scored the winner against us 2 seasons ago) is obvious but he anchors Sts midfield. Solid and reliable. Not exciting I agree but we need some stability now. We can't keep on going the same way. It's getting embarrassing.

How is Ward-Prowse crap? Even taking out his set pieces, which he's arguably the best in the league at currently, at worst he's a tidy player. I'd take him over Winks and Sissoko all day, every day.
He's better than Winks & Sissoko, but not as good as Sabitzer.
Apart from free kicks he is nothing special. Why not buy Sabitzer, and have Skipp as back up DM?

He's better than Winks & Sissoko, but not as good as Sabitzer.
Apart from free kicks he is nothing special. Why not buy Sabitzer, and have Skipp as back up DM?

I could think of quite a few who I'd take before Ward-Prowse. I'm just saying he would be a solid signing if possible, but would also no doubt cost twice as much as he's worth. I'm not having that he's crap though. Sabitzer is a good shout.

Who?
He's one of Leipzig's best players and also versatile. 1 year left on contract means we can get decent deal.

Can't think of anyone younger and better who is a realistic transfer.

I don't have a clear guy right now, and better/realistic target likely causes a back an forth argument, but at at 27 I would prefer we look at younger guys than him.

I like Buendia but haven't seen much of him this year, Matheus Periera from English leagues.

I remember a lot of talk about Aouar last summer not sure if he is still good. Was impressed by Kessie and Bennacer at Milan.

Barella would be awesome, but I doubt he is available.

Edit:

He might be too young and not available but looking at the RB organization the Hungarian kid, I will butcher his name, Szoboscalai, is someone I would like to see us add.

I think we need to be looking at getting guys to develop into Sabitzer so that they are here from 22-27 rather than buy them at peak price and close to the end of their peak than the start.

Also since we always seem to be talking about RW who can play striker, a guy that might fit, but is more of a striker that can play RW is Patrik Schick. Just thought him looking at International scores. Not necessary to this discussion but an interesting player if we could get him and I think he could fill the role we have talked about before.

Last edited:
Most ridiculous thing I've ever read!!!

Dier is 25m (no English tax. He's not home grown. Quality player and leader)
Sanchez 35-40m (24 and another 10 years ahead of him. Ake went for 45m, and he's pony)
Doherty 15m (would improve have the teams in EPL)
Gazza 5m (good enough for a lot of teams)
Davies 15m (versatile leader)
Aurier 20m (a steal at 20m)
Toby 5m (a steal for a club that can afford him 20-30 games a season)
Dele 40m (young, gifted and world class on his day)
Hart 0m (will see his contract out)
Lloris 10m (still one of the best keepers in world)
Sissoko 12m (can see a promoted Watford picking him up)
Winks 25m (young, English, reliable, skillful)
Daniel? Daniel, is that you?

I remember a lot of talk about Aouar last summer not sure if he is still good.
Still being linked with a move to Juventus. I've raved about this fella in the past, but I think he has been a disgrace this season. Maybe he is sulking because he is still at Lyon. Maybe he thinks Garcia is a clown, and he'd have a point, but it has really got me wondering about his mentality.

Still being linked with Juventus. I've raved about this fella in the past, but I think he has been a disgrace this season. Maybe he is sulking because he is still at Lyon. Maybe he thinks Garcia is a clown, and he'd have a point, but it has really got me wondering about his mentality.

I don't like the sounds of someone who pouts because he thinks he should have moved on to a "bigger" club, especially when the club he is at isn't exactly Burnley.

I don't like the sounds of someone who pouts because he thinks he should have moved on to a "bigger" club, especially when the club he is at isn't exactly Burnley.
I don't know for sure if he is pouting, but he is sort of drifting through games and getting hooked a lot. There was a rumour going around last season that his teammates had the hump with him, cos he was only bringing it for the sexier fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom