Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most ridiculous thing I've ever read!!!

Dier is 25m (no English tax. He's not home grown. Quality player and leader)
Sanchez 35-40m (24 and another 10 years ahead of him. Ake went for 45m, and he's pony)
Doherty 15m (would improve have the teams in EPL)
Gazza 5m (good enough for a lot of teams)
Davies 15m (versatile leader)
Aurier 20m (a steal at 20m)
Toby 5m (a steal for a club that can afford him 20-30 games a season)
Dele 40m (young, gifted and world class on his day)
Hart 0m (will see his contract out)
Lloris 10m (still one of the best keepers in world)
Sissoko 12m (can see a promoted Watford picking him up)
Winks 25m (young, English, reliable, skillful)
and so you decided to up the ante eh?

We need a top keeper, a top centre-back, a reliable right-back, a creative midfielder and quite possibly another forward/striker. Good luck, Jose!

Fortunately we do have a number of squad players that could bring in decent money, including Davies, Sissoko, Winks and Lamela. But Liverpool will no doubt be much better next season and Chelsea will only get stronger. As will Everton under Ancelotti you would think. It's quite worrying.

Not exactly the transformative signing we need to shore things up, other than being a CB and coming from Southampton that's where any comparisons with Liverpool's Virgil singing stop.
We need two CB´s; if one of them is Vestergaard, I´d be happy. If he´s the only one, I don´t think it´s enough.

In any case, to be fair with him: solid defender, not as slow as people say he is and obviously very good in the air - in both boxes. Experienced, Premier League proven and should represent a bargain deal.

COYS

We need two CB´s; if one of them is Vestergaard, I´d be happy. If he´s the only one, I don´t think it´s enough.

In any case, to be fair with him: solid defender, not as slow as people say he is and obviously very good in the air - in both boxes. Experienced, Premier League proven and should represent a bargain deal.

COYS
He’s not good enough, Southampton have a terrible defensive record. There’s no evidence he’s better than Sanchez or Rodon.

Meanwhile Fulham have a fantastic record, and their fans have noted this is mainly due to Andersen.

He’s not good enough, Southampton have a terrible defensive record. There’s no evidence he’s better than Sanchez or Rodon.

Meanwhile Fulham have a fantastic record, and their fans have noted this is mainly due to Andersen.
Rodon is a different story. He´s young and his place is safe. Toby is not going anywhere either. Vestergaard should be compared with Sanchez and Eric Dier, and in my opinion he is better than both.

Rodon is a different story. He´s young and his place is safe. Toby is not going anywhere either. Vestergaard should be compared with Sanchez and Eric Dier, and in my opinion he is better than both.
Perhaps marginally so, but we can do better.
Milenkovic also in last year of contract and he’s rated quite highly.
Sanchez, Dier, Foyth out for £45M, invest £50M in Milenkovic & Andersen.

Perhaps marginally so, but we can do better.
Milenkovic also in last year of contract and he’s rated quite highly.
Sanchez, Dier, Foyth out for £45M, invest £50M in Milenkovic & Andersen.
I´m aware of that, which is why I´m saying: we need two new CB´s, but it would be unrealistic to expect two signings like Milenkovic. Therefore, I wouldn´t mind signing Vestergaard as one of the new CB´s.

Now, I´ve been doing a small research in some Fiorentina sites. The club is a complete mess right now. Prandelli just resigned as manager for health reasons (after a defeat against AC Milan on Sunday, and a panic attack). The Viola are in 14th place and will fight against relegation from now on (even though they have more than enough quality to stay in Serie A).

About Milenkovic, their fans are sad, but they already consider the CB will be gone in the summer. He´s not been playing well, which is expected, really - considering that the whole team is also playing bad, and the contract situation usually change players approach to things one way or another (just see Eriksen). He also plays on the right of a back 3, which is not ideal.

That said, every single one of their fans would keep Milenkovic if they could.

Vestergaard is 28 mediocre at best, already slow as it is and below average with the ball. He is the exact kind of player we should not be adding, but likely will. I am tired of bringing in limited players, with no development left and are already at a level that we want them replaced as soon as they come in.

I hope we don't add a player over 25 and that might even be high.

I'd take Aarons. He's a good all round right back, intelligent player. Prem experience and lots of potential to improve. He's good enough to be our starting right back and is gettable.

Tanganga & Rodon should be used more next season. If we keep Toby, Sanchez, Davies I think we only need one new CB, not two. Which means we can spend more on getting the right player.

I´m aware of that, which is why I´m saying: we need two new CB´s, but it would be unrealistic to expect two signings like Milenkovic. Therefore, I wouldn´t mind signing Vestergaard as one of the new CB´s.

Now, I´ve been doing a small research in some Fiorentina sites. The club is a complete mess right now. Prandelli just resigned as manager for health reasons (after a defeat against AC Milan on Sunday, and a panic attack). The Viola are in 14th place and will fight against relegation from now on (even though they have more than enough quality to stay in Serie A).

About Milenkovic, their fans are sad, but they already consider the CB will be gone in the summer. He´s not been playing well, which is expected, really - considering that the whole team is also playing bad, and the contract situation usually change players approach to things one way or another (just see Eriksen). He also plays on the right of a back 3, which is not ideal.

That said, every single one of their fans would keep Milenkovic if they could.
Cheers for the info, I knew Fiorentina were going through a rough patch but didn’t know Milenkovic himself was playing badly.
With that in mind, do you think it’s worth selling Sanchez for him? Net spend will be close to 0.

I'd take Aarons. He's a good all round right back, intelligent player. Prem experience and lots of potential to improve. He's good enough to be our starting right back and is gettable.

Tanganga & Rodon should be used more next season. If we keep Toby, Sanchez, Davies I think we only need one new CB, not two. Which means we can spend more on getting the right player.

That puts a lot of pressure on Toby staying healthy and being able to play a lot of games. I like Tanganga and hope he develops but the thought on relying on him or Rodon to play in multiple PL games and competing for top 4 is worrying.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever read!!!

Dier is 25m (no English tax. He's not home grown. Quality player and leader)
Sanchez 35-40m (24 and another 10 years ahead of him. Ake went for 45m, and he's pony)
Doherty 15m (would improve have the teams in EPL)
Gazza 5m (good enough for a lot of teams)
Davies 15m (versatile leader)
Aurier 20m (a steal at 20m)
Toby 5m (a steal for a club that can afford him 20-30 games a season)
Dele 40m (young, gifted and world class on his day)
Hart 0m (will see his contract out)
Lloris 10m (still one of the best keepers in world)
Sissoko 12m (can see a promoted Watford picking him up)
Winks 25m (young, English, reliable, skillful)
25 for winks what u smoking

The only way I can see Kane leaving is if Man City go in for him. But I think they would prefer to sign a long term replacement for Aguero and not someone who is already at his peak. Haaland fits the bill perfectly for them, even down to his old man playing for the club. Maybe PSG would be the only other realistic possibility as they have the money and now also Pochettino, who is basically like Kane's step Father. But I can't see it. I think he stays with us whether he actually really wants to or not.

Cheers for the info, I knew Fiorentina were going through a rough patch but didn’t know Milenkovic himself was playing badly.
With that in mind, do you think it’s worth selling Sanchez for him? Net spend will be close to 0.
Answering your question, absolutely, yes. But I think there are other things to consider.

First of all, it´s nothing 'personal' against Sanchez. I think he is not hiding (in this moment, it counts) and his performances are improving. He needs to go because he is not good enough and we cannot allow ourselves not to be ruthless in this next window.

I ask myself, though, if we shouldn´t be seriously considering selling Dier too. I know he just got his new contract and he´s English. But, as I´ve been saying for a while, I think he is a bigger problem than Sanchez. It´s easier for the Colombian to be part of a "ok" defensive structure. When Dier plays, however, I fell like the whole defensive structure is somehow compromised. And honestly, Mourinho should get the blame. Eric Dier experiment as a CB, leader, whatever, didn´t work.

I´m saying this because not only we could get a net spend close to 0 in the Sanchez-Milenkovic scenario, we could also improve in options (again, without spending) "switching" Dier for a better CB, even if not a "dream option" - for example, Vestergaard.

COYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom