Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I used to like Gillespie’s too but you don’t see it at all know and even Belhaven Black draught is rare in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Plenty of the bottled stuff and their own bitter which is tasty 😋

We are definitely weaker at RB as we sold our best RB.
Having said that though, full backs are a myth.

Name one world class full back in the PL....there are no Marcelo’s or Lahm’s in any of the top 6. It’s an extremely average bunch and none of big PL clubs would struggle overly if any of their full backs got injured, possibly Liverpool due to the absolute dog shit back up they have there.

That's just not true. City are always trying to upgrade their full backs, and the last couple of years they've spent big on Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Angelino and Cancelo. The team who's really relying on their full backs is Liverpool. Robertson and TAA are a big part of Liverpools offensive, cos their midfield isn't intimidating with players like Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and Keita. So that was the defending champions and the runner-up

Hold up, how is this nohoper still around?

priority-3-georges-kevin-nkoudou-1024-x-1125.png
New right back. Duh...

Fair enough. Being a fan though does not mean that no matter what the club does you have to agree or never question anything. I am a supporter and I do not believe that we as fans or supporters should not be allowed to be disappointed or to question the logic of certain decisions. I just do not get why we have still not addressed the right back issue, we clearly need a decent one...

I agree, I like to think of myself as a supporter because that's what I basically do. No matter what happens and regardless of how critical or positive I am concerning decisions made regarding the management/finances/players or overall dealings of the club.... I shall still be cheering on whichever eleven players are lucky enough to pull on that famous shirt and run onto the pitch for the next match. Unfortunately that now has to be from quite a few miles away and there's probably no one looks stranger in the pub than myself if Spurs score on a Saturday afternoon and I start yelling "Get In !" but I do not give a fuck. You can be a supporter wherever you are and with this club it's for life.
:coys:

John Thomas John Thomas

You alright mate? Is it still a Levy Out kind of window?

:kanehand:
Hi Sammy. Not been around for a while? Got a job or something?

I'd give it around 5/10 if we keep Toby, Chris and Danny.
Means we'll have belatedly replaced Dembele, taken good player on loan (on loan ffs) to beef up our midfield depth, and invested in a couple of future prospects who may or may not come good.

If we look at it factually, (I prefer to deal in facts) we have weakened ourselves at right back by selling last years preferred choice with no replacement , and weakened ourselves up top, releasing Nando with NO replacement.

After 18 months of scandelous neglection of the squad I think most of us, if we're honest about it, are feeling a little underwhelmed.

And seeing so many people on here last night and this morning, caressing Levy's balls and licking his purple helmet, drooling in anticipation of a glutch of last minute, big money, marquee superstars, and then watching the embarrising back tracking as all that unfolded was a loanee from Betis and a youth prospect from the championship was a sad sight to behold.

Yes. 5/10 is pretty generous. Downgrade that to 3 if we weaken the squad in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I'd say we had the best window in the premier league.

Chelsea: Given the transfer ban they actually had an exceptionally good window. Huge price for Hazard, bringing in kovacic and pulisic (i know he was january), shifted some dead weight. Still come out of the window worse than they were last year.

City: Good window as always.

Liverpool: Didn't really do anything...Got a young prospect.

Woolwich: Signed several good players but did it in the most Woolwich fashion possible. Enterred window with a horrible defense. Spent a ton of money on a winger who is good but not great. Spent a lot of money on a cb who they loaned back. Brought in a great midfielder...but on loan with no option to buy. Tierney and Luiz likely upgrade their defense but both are still pretty big question marks overall. Weird window. Probably improved defense with tierney and luiz, think they improved the 2nd most behind us but they spent a ton of money to get there and will have huge issues if they don't make champions league again. They were also the worst of the big 6 last year so had the most improving to do

United: Signed good players and hung on to pogba. Loss of herera will be huge, might even negate the upgrade maguire presents. Wan bissaka will help. A little bit better than last year but not much.

Back
Top Bottom