Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m very happy with the window and our team and our manager and our stadium and our training facilities etc etc etc

It’s called being a fan
Fair enough. Being a fan though does not mean that no matter what the club does you have to agree or never question anything. I am a supporter and I do not believe that we as fans or supporters should not be allowed to be disappointed or to question the logic of certain decisions. I just do not get why we have still not addressed the right back issue, we clearly need a decent one...

Evening all. Have to say I'm pretty satisfied with today, although I wish the Dybala thing had never even been a possibility as now I feel slightly deflated as opposed to jubilant, which would probably be the case had I never considered him. Ah well. Now all there is to do is look forward to Saturday. It feels like it's been long enough. COYS!

Keep getting DMs asking for my official reaction to our window. Can't reply to everyone individually, so I'll jutlst make a statement here:
If a big club like Real had signed the players we signed this summer, everyone would be asking why they signed unknowns for high prices.
The posters on here who think this was a good window are the real enemies of this club. Their refusal to make demands of the club administration perpetuates our second tier performance.
Look me in the eye and tell me it's not so.

I think i've worked it out...... Begbie is permanently pissed and is actually posting on the wrong board.

This way Begbie, back to the Hibbeeees you go

hibs.net Main Forum

Fair enough. Being a fan though does not mean that no matter what the club does you have to agree or never question anything. I am a supporter and I do not believe that we as fans or supporters should not be allowed to be disappointed or to question the logic of certain decisions. I just do not get why we have still not addressed the right back issue, we clearly need a decent one...

Fair point but being a fan can include being happy with the overall set up too, we don't have to sign up to the same rules to want our club to do well.

You can say that we haven't signed another right back and everyone has some concern over it, let's see what Poch has planned, if we're a defensive mess, fair enough worries justified, if we cope this pre-emptive disappointment looks rather hollow.

My concern is the thought of fans getting their disappointment in before we've even played a competitive game, for me I just think we have to put some faith in Poch and see how he runs with it before getting emotionally invested either in praise or criticism.

One question...why can't we sign someone who it's easy to sing a song about ? What the fuck rhymes with Ndombele or Sessegnon :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
(I'm sure somebody out there will think of something)

Tune: Lion sleeps tonight.....)

Ndombele, Ndombele... Ndombele, Ndombele... Ndombele, Ndombele... Ndombele, Ndombele...

Tan-geeeeeeeeeeeee-ee-ee-ee-eeeeeeee Tan-Gee Ndombele...

[ & repeat. ]

Tune: La Bamba)

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Celso

[ insert verse ]

Lo Lo Celso...

Lo Lo Celso...

Lo Lo Celso...

Lo Lo Celso...

[ & repeat. ]

:ap:

Keep getting DMs asking for my official reaction to our window. Can't reply to everyone individually, so I'll jutlst make a statement here:
If a big club like Real had signed the players we signed this summer, everyone would be asking why they signed unknowns for high prices.
The posters on here who think this was a good window are the real enemies of this club. Their refusal to make demands of the club administration perpetuates our second tier performance.
Look me in the eye and tell me it's not so.
giphy.gif

It's not so.

Ok but I think Poch has earmarked Foyth for that role so it was a shame he got injured

In an ideal world we would have adequate cover but overall I’m content and think that we can improve on last season

Very optimistic

Back
Top Bottom