Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent looking squad, totalling 28 players in PL, 27 in CL.

I've added Parrott and Tanganga as if they stay at Spurs (versus a loan) I think they will get the same number of appearances as Skipp did last season (circa 12 appearances with about 400 odd minutes), with a view to developing them for a more full part at Spurs in 20/21..

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman
Aurier, Walker-Peters,
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga
Rose, Davies, Sessegnon
N'Dombele, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp
Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso
Son, Moura, Lamela, (N'Koudou in PL only)
Kane, Parrott.

Under CL definitions :
17 Overseas trained players (including Parrott as he has not been at Spurs for 2 years to become u21, he will for 20/21))
5 HG (Walker-Peters, Rose, Winks, Dele, Kane)
5 u21's (Whiteman, Foyth, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Skipp, )

It seems very possible tome that Spurs will actively try to move N'Koudou and Wanyama on to clubs abroad this month, but that wont really affect the squad depth.

A few other youngsters who could also get a few appearances this season, whether Eyoma (did well on pre season 2018, made first team appearances in 18/19 but injured for preseason 2019) or Harvey White (did well in preseason 2019 mainly as LB although best position is DM).

Unless I missed something Liverpool didn't bother strengthening? So we should at least cut the gap down on them this season.

Pretty much.

We got absolutely lambasted by pundits last season for not strengthening our line up or squad - yet Liverpool have pretty much done the EXACT same thing this year. (Bar goalkeeper depth) yet will probably get the likes of:

"How do you strengthen this team?"
"Who do you replace?"

etc etc

I don't get this issue with the full backs. We have 3 left backs including 2 full internationals and an England under 21 international (ok Rose might leave but I hope not). Two of those play good attacking wing back roles and Davies is a good solid left back. At right back we also have 3 - a young full Argentine international who clearly has convinced Poch that he is good enough, the Ivory Coast captain and a good young England under 20 international. Two of these also play in the attacking wing back role and (hopefully) Foyth will be a solid right back.
Personally I like Aurier - if he stays I hope he gets a run in the team to prove that his early potential can be proved. If not then I seem to recall the oft repeated mantra 'give the youngsters a chance'.
The strength we now have is in depth of squad and quality in that depth. If we keep Eriksen so much the better. The only one position where we struggle with depth is a true Centre Forward - but Kane isn't a true centre forward and whoever we had bought in would have required a shift in tactics to replace him in games. So why not stick with the mix of Son, Moura, Alli that we used successfully last season .
A good transfer window that has increased our squad depth and quality in my view.

We are definitely weaker at RB as we sold our best RB.
Having said that though, full backs are a myth.

Name one world class full back in the PL....there are no Marcelo’s or Lahm’s in any of the top 6. It’s an extremely average bunch and none of big PL clubs would struggle overly if any of their full backs got injured, possibly Liverpool due to the absolute dog shit back up they have there.

About 110 mill actually. We are loaning Lo Celso for 15 mill until next summer

And if we sell Eriksen for 50 mill and add that to our other sales we will have a net spend this window of around 20-30 mill.

:levylol: he's done it again

He’s brilliant

Where’s that Ezequiel cunt?

giphy.gif
Just realised this meme actually looks like him

skysports-paulo-dybala_4670466.jpg

8.5/10 for me.

Addressed the biggest issue from last season by signing Ndombele, who we all wanted, and Lo Celso. Sessengon is very exciting under Poch. Would have been a 10 if we had got a top draw right back in.

Happy with the outgoings, as long as Eriksen and Alderweireld stay. But easier said than done with contract situations.

8.5/10 for me.

Addressed the biggest issue from last season by signing Ndombele, who we all wanted, and Lo Celso. Sessengon is very exciting under Poch. Would have been a 10 if we had got a top draw right back in.

Happy with the outgoings, as long as Eriksen and Alderweireld stay. But easier said than done with contract situations.
Keep forgetting we signed Ndomebele

Back
Top Bottom