Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the Dybala interest was 100% genuine (from what i have been reading i believe it was) then we can expect to continue to try and sign him in the next few months before January 1st?
I can't imagine him staying there, seems like Juventus have made it pretty clear they want to sell him. I hope we can get some kind of deal done in January if he doesn't go but I'm sure PSG will throw money at him before the window ends for them.

On one hand, I kind of agree, but he is still so young. If he gets even double the playing time elsewhere than he'd get here it would be a successful loan for him.
When was the last really successful loan? Where the player came back fully good to go, a first XI candidate. Kane's were all a bit meh, his rise came back at Spurs, so I'd probably say Danny Rose's in 2012-13

Keep getting DMs asking for my official reaction to our window. Can't reply to everyone individually, so I'll jutlst make a statement here:
If a big club like Real had signed the players we signed this summer, everyone would be asking why they signed unknowns for high prices.
The posters on here who think this was a good window are the real enemies of this club. Their refusal to make demands of the club administration perpetuates our second tier performance.
Look me in the eye and tell me it's not so.

When was the last really successful loan? Where the player came back fully good to go, a first XI candidate. Kane's were all a bit meh, his rise came back at Spurs, so I'd probably say Danny Rose's in 2012-13
Good point, I can't really think of one. I'm not sure if loans just don't work as intended or have we not helped to pick out the right loans for players to develop in. We just see potential already in him and I just don't want to see him rot on the sidelines. We should be proactive in giving our really high-potential youth the full chances to develop and continue to shine.

37jt3s.jpg

You enjoyed your afternoon at the pub then?

You enjoyed your afternoon at the pub then?
Feel really bad...there were some Villa supporters in and I told them I'd be back Saturday to watch the match on my android tablet. They said that was great and they'd see me then, even bought me a couple of pints. Then 'Grandad' came home and realised the kick off was 5.30pm and NOT 3pm. I'll be well oiled by then and home watching the big screen.
I could go back tomorrow and let them know I suppose.....I could......I could...... :roflmao:

Really. We don't need a right back or striker... you can really be happy with either aurier or kwp..

I’m very happy with the window and our team and our manager and our stadium and our training facilities etc etc etc

It’s called being a fan

Back
Top Bottom