Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly Danny, I love you and your free to go thanks for your service and all that. . . but why the fuck would you go to probably the most racist Top 5 league in Europe given your strong stance against it?

Doubt a move out there would be good for his mental health.
See, you're confusing transfer rumours with reality...

There seems to be a general consent, that R. Sessegnon is signed as a LB. Personally I thought he would be signed as a LW/RW.

Personally think Poch will go the low risk route of playing him as an AM to see how he does in PL with Spurs ( errors are less costly at AM rather than LB) before trying him out as LB.

Shame he had the hamstring injury otherwise I think Poch would have ensured he was available in pre season where he could have tried him at LB without any consequences.

Those of you bigging up Sessegnon, have you actually seen him stand out defensively? I ask because whenever I've seen him play he's been a winger or attacker, the YouTube showreels hardly show him defending.

Whatever you may feel about Danny Rose leaving, he is an outstanding defender, that's still a key role of any wing back (as the name suggests)

Who scored site has him playing as an AM for circa 75% of his appearances in ,2018/19 so only a few as defender.

That may account for what is available on YouTube.

Meanwhile on SpursCommunity...

Here's another thread for any ITK we might get today.

Today.

Be very careful, I'm on the warpath now. The velvet glove treatment don't work.

Heil me.

A&C's image of himself:

source.gif

Reality:

CheeryAffectionateDoe-small.gif
UPDATE:

The little worm closed the thread and removed it from their 'transfer' section before anyone had even posted in it.

And that's despite there being a new chunk of bullshit from 'The Goat' this morning.

Fuck me, they're beyond parody.

giphy.gif

Those of you bigging up Sessegnon, have you actually seen him stand out defensively? I ask because whenever I've seen him play he's been a winger or attacker, the YouTube showreels hardly show him defending.

Whatever you may feel about Danny Rose leaving, he is an outstanding defender, that's still a key role of any wing back (as the name suggests)
Or maybe we aren't looking at our FB's to be played as wingbacks anymore???
Just a theory being kicked around by Seb Stafford-Bloor

How would this help us? Then we need cover in central defense.
We've been linked to CB's for the past couple of seasons and also in this window have we not? Also, we have two who are not going anywhere (Jan, Sanchez) and have another that could well still be here for another year (Toby), we simply just don't know how this is panning out behind the scenes. We have another player who is adept CB in Dier (arguably his best position).

I would bet my house that every single Chill-Levy's-got-this In-Poch-we-trust Still-a-long-time-to go type is just a little concerned at the prospect of losing our two first choice full backs and not replacing them

Curious about what the squad will look like at the end of the window, yes; but concerned as in worried or even panicking? Nope.

We've been linked to CB's for the past couple of seasons and also in this window have we not? Also, we have two who are not going anywhere (Jan, Sanchez) and have another that could well still be here for another year (Toby), we simply just don't know how this is panning out behind the scenes. We have another player who is adept CB in Dier (arguably his best position).

We've lost out on Joachim Andersen and likely Saliba. Who's left? Ake? I'd rather keep Foyth as CB and invest in RB. Wouldn't mind letting Aurier leave even if we only bought one RB.

Back
Top Bottom