Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a good position to be in to be honest, would have preferred any signings to be part of the preseason tour like N'dombele is and get some game time with the squad and some training with Poch.

We need a RB now (because Foyth, KWP and Aurier aren't good enough and if they are they would have played as first choice last season) we need a new LB unless Rose somehow stays, we need a backup striker for Kane and some competition for Eriksen (that's if Eriksen is still here and if he isn't we will need two signings in that position imo.)

Every manager and fan would like players In earlier.

But how many players have Manu signed or Liverpool or Mancity or Woolwich ?

About the only club who has signed lots of players is Villa - but for s total of about £100m ,(same as Fulham last year and that bought them relegation)

So most PL teams will be signing most of their incoming players in the last few weeks of the season, same as us.

Personally doubt we will sign a RB, but think we will get another say 4 players I ,( including youngsters)

We don't pay the wages necessary to have players that aren't starting sitting on the bench. That is the crux of the issue.

So we are going to have to have players that can do multiple jobs to ensure we have the depth needed across the squad to compete.
Well, if you're right, then the ball is well and truly in Levy's hands.

It's fine but, some people are allowed to stress. It doesn't matter the logic, it's opinion.
But Liverpool, Man City already have strong squads. In order to really challenge for the PL championship, we have to strengthen our squad, not keep playing most of the same players in that awful diamond. We simply don't have the strength to cope with injuries.

When we baulk at everý price that's set. Hmmmm...
In all fairness you and I have as much insight into what actually happens inside the club and specifically in these negotiations, which means literally nothing. If you feel that you can trust every news piece that comes out as definitive insight into how we handle valuations and transfers, I have a bridge I can sell you.

In all fairness you and I have as much insight into what actually happens inside the club and specifically in these negotiations, which means literally nothing. If you feel that you can trust every news piece that comes out as definitive insight into how we handle valuations and transfers, I have a bridge I can sell you.
As long as you can deliver that bridge, I live on the Moon.

But Liverpool, Man City already have strong squads. In order to really challenge for the PL championship, we have to strengthen our squad, not keep playing most of the same players in that awful diamond. We simply don't have the strength to cope with injuries.

Errrrm. We had the worst season possibly of all times for injuries. so this season should be a doddle to get through after last season !

Without the WC we will have most of our players getting a full preseason, which gives conditioning and should prevent most of he muscular injuries ( eg hamstrings) which we suffered last season.

We will be adding some youngster players ( eg Ndombele) and losing a few older players so net will have a younger squad.

I fully expect to have a more minor squad refresh next summer so not every position will be tackled this summer but we will have s strong squad - but nobody will have as strong a squad on paper as Mancity given the billion or so hey have spent To get to this position.

Let's wait until end of TW to see where the holes are - and every squad has holes in it !

Is it really a good idea to sell both Trippier and Rose? And maybe Alderweireld too?

Next year we'd have none of our regular back 4 starters... really risky replacing them all within 12 months imo

But heyo faith etc
I had hoped that by now we would have signed at least 3 new players. They would need time to settle in the team before the new season. We seem to be selling with no sign of better replacements . I have a really bad feeling about the coming season. I still haven't got over the massive disappointment of the CL Final and I really do think we won't do as well again this season(I hope I am wrong) oh well, onwards and upwards COYS

Back
Top Bottom