Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would bet my house that every single Chill-Levy's-got-this In-Poch-we-trust Still-a-long-time-to go type is just a little concerned at the prospect of losing our two first choice full backs and not replacing them

Very odd to dispose a first choice player, though he has been poor for a while.

However, this is a very good message for all first choice players, anyone who doesn't perform will go, inc D.
Hard to improve the squad if first choice doesn't become good bench depth doesn't become sold. That said, we aren't buying a replacement it seems, so Poch needs to work his magic!

I would bet my house that every single Chill-Levy's-got-this In-Poch-we-trust Still-a-long-time-to go type is just a little concerned at the prospect of losing our two first choice full backs and not replacing them
Kane did alright in goal that one time, sure he’ll be fine at RB. Nothing to worry about

Aurier will never stay fit and is pretty poor anyways , so it's gonna be two players in KwP and foyth that I doubt have played 10 games at RB in the prem between them

Not good enough
If Foyth, KWP and Aurier can replicate our RB level from last year I'd be okay with that because our midfield should be much improved.

Plus, if we want Foyth and KWP to grow into the role but don't want to loan them out then we need to make room for them. Wouldn't be shocked if Poch sees Foyth/KWP as his backs to rotate with Aurier playing cup matches.

I honestly think our defense was average at best last season. Both defending and on the attack.

Changing things up wouldn't be the worst thing.

Still expect a lot to happen before the window closes

It's certainly a risk and it is terrifying in the sense that we are basically hoping that they pull a Liverpool and become dominant more or less out of nowhere like Robertson and TAA. If Foyth/KWP/Sessegnon don't develop we are in deep shit.

Personally I think we need to bring in another actual RB with actual experience in a league, any league really. Max Aarons may be coming up from Champo but he still has loads more experience than Foyth/KWP at that position on a league winning side. United seemed to be giving up on Dalot, I think he'd be great.

Same for LB if Rose leaves (likely) - no idea why we aren't in on Tierney, especially since Celtic seem pissed at Woolwich. Digne would be great as well.

But Poch seems to have a fetish for a project and he's hoping to pull another Rose/Walker circa 2014/15 out of his hat. If this fails I don't think the blame can go anywhere but Poch, frankly.

I like Foyth a lot. I just hope he's fast enough to play RB
I think it's a bit of a misnomer that we need to recreate the team we had in 2016/17. Foyth isn't the fastest but he's technical skilled with good positioning and passing ability. Theoretically he could make a good RB/CB/DM, he just needs game time and to stick with one position for an extended stretch. Playing as first choice RB for Argentina will certainly help.

I genuinely think a retooled midfield will help significantly as well. With Eriksen departing Poch is looking to reinvent how we attack and transition and the role of the back 4 in that scheme. Its why Ndombele was so important because he lets us be tactically flexible in the middle of the park, and that drives how our back line and front line play.

I think it's a bit of a misnomer that we need to recreate the team we had in 2016/17. Foyth isn't the fastest but he's technical skilled with good positioning and passing ability. Theoretically he could make a good RB/CB/DM, he just needs game time and to stick with one position for an extended stretch. Playing as first choice RB for Argentina will certainly help.

I genuinely think a retooled midfield will help significantly as well. With Eriksen departing Poch is looking to reinvent how we attack and transition and the role of the back 4 in that scheme. Its why Ndombele was so important because he lets us be tactically flexible in the middle of the park, and that drives how our back line and front line play.
Isn't Davies a converted CB as well? 4 CB's in the starting rotation is an interesting thought...

This is the pic I took earlier before we kicked back and went for a couple of beers...

15633835188959.jpg

Who even knows what Poch has planned for his FBs next season?

Yes in years past they've had overlapping attacks, but with the current squad, it wouldn't surprise me if Poch ask his FBs to tuck more inside,like City, allowing Son and Lucas on the wings to provide the width

Back
Top Bottom