Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have faith in Foyth at RB at all. I hope Aurier comes good and stays healthy. KWP shows potential just needs games. Hopefully the last two I mentioned are enough for a trophy and top 4. We shall see.
Aurier will never stay fit and is pretty poor anyways , so it's gonna be two players in KwP and foyth that I doubt have played 10 games at RB in the prem between them

Not good enough

Very odd to dispose a first choice player, though he has been poor for a while.

However, this is a very good message for all first choice players, anyone who doesn't perform will go, inc D.

I may be wrong but somehow I suspect this is a deal that needed to be done and dusted prior to another announcement being made about someone else coming in. Ink is still wet on the cheque but I'd expect an 'incoming' by the weekend. Poch and God 'move in mysterious ways.... their wonders to perform' :thumbup:

Just had a look at Atletico’s English page there was some tweet last night about some nonsense the first two responses

‘Announce trippier!’

I was looking on their forums and saw of a lot of their fans wondering why Trippier. Mostly saying he can attack but can't defend - referring to him as an "entertainer" defender for a back 5 / wing back system.

They certainly didn't seem in the slightest bit excited about him - more bemused.

A team that is notoriously thrifty in defence now have Trippier. We shall see. He couldn't have hoped for a better move.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Aurier.

But who knows, he might end up doing a Sissoko and shock us all

I can't see it myself...I always had the impression even during that long, bad Sissoko phase that the guy was still actually genuinely trying. Sometimes Aurier gives me the distinct feeling he couldn't give a fuck....just looks at the referee when it starts going belly up with his arms raised in a ridiculous 'help me' fashion.

Back
Top Bottom