Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really? I don't think working on new signings for next season would have any negative impacts on preparations for CL final.

Sounds like an excuse you'd expect from the likes of Airfixx Airfixx and sammyspurs sammyspurs to come up with.
I mean, I do believe there's at least a small impact on our outgoings (which in turn will effect some of the incomings)

At the very least, I can see why we'd hold off announcements. Christ, we've clearly held off some signings just for deadline day in the past, so I can easily see June 1st being easy to wait until.

Name one. The pool of players who are younger than Eriksen, but who have put up similar performances in a top 5 league in Europe, and who weren't already signed to a CL-contender, amounted to two people last year. James Maddison and Julian Brandt. Other than that, no one else was close.

They lost one on a free. They've lost a couple due to player power. But they also learned from that (the Goetze and Lewandowski transfers) and haven't had that happen to them since.
I see Eriksen and Toby as special cases, we bit the bullet because they were special players.

If the right character its sometimes better to have the players than the cash.

Why can't we complete deals as early as May??

Our club is really incompetent when it comes to player recruitments.

Just how long is it now since we signed a player?

It's an impossible situation to understand that even now (and yes, distraction would be unhelpful) you just know that it will be link and then silence and then nothing.

It's okay and actually admirable to be different but there comes a point when you expect your club to show a degree of ambition.

Name one. The pool of players who are younger than Eriksen, but who have put up similar performances in a top 5 league in Europe, and who weren't already signed to a CL-contender, amounted to two people last year. James Maddison and Julian Brandt. Other than that, no one else was close.
So Eriksen came from a Top 5 league? Or Dele?

Apart from Lewandowski I don't think they've ever lost one of their top players for free? (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I included Götze which I shouldn't have (although its comparable to Toby).

That said Dortmund are in the same position as us with Götze (again) who is free to leave 2020.

also lost Şahin under market value

I don't understand why we keep being linked with this player, he said it himself last month that he wants to be a one club legend like Totti

Our efforts are '...getting stronger', lol. We started off meekly in the beginning but now we're upping the ante by sending an e-mail to establish whether he might possibly be available but no worries if not.

The season isn’t over. Being over dramatic over signings already is silly. Come on.

Especially when no one had made any signings worth crying over besides Brandt, which was always going to be tricky anyway.

When we fail to sign Ndombele, Grealish, Wan-Bissaka and Sessegnon is when we melt.

The serfs have been speaking out of term on SpursCommunity again (the mod chimes in)...

omg omg it's like twenty christmases at once. All my banstick dreams condensed into a couple of pages. Anyone with a ounce of common sense who thinks they've spammed the thread to fuck needs to be deleting their posts before I get time to wreak my banfest jizzorgy.

wow, not one deleted post (and I know some of the spamtards have been on SC since I posted), there's gonna be some big time double takes coming up.

"Oh and plz giv monies to my wife's charity run"
:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom