Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just how long is it now since we signed a player?

It's an impossible situation to understand that even now (and yes, distraction would be unhelpful) you just know that it will be link and then silence and then nothing.

It's okay and actually admirable to be different but there comes a point when you expect your club to show a degree of ambition.
Remember this one.....

4th and a CL final.

Perspective needed.
Short term memory problem I fear.

:pochsmirk:

Zyech not Eriksen’s replacement

Here’s 4 options - which are all attainable imv

Luis Alberto
Milinkovic-Savic
Zelinski
Bruno Fernandes
Congratulations, you named one guy who is decent in Portugal, and three guys who play in Serie A and aren't great at doing Eriksen things. Fernandes is good, I'd forgotten about him, but I still think he's not as good as either Brandt or Maddison. The others, just nope.

The point about the sporting director is valid, but the model is very similar as the one we traditionally try and run in that we don't invest money in the team but rather use sales money and particular sales of big players to try and improve whilst also trying to break even.

Difference being is that Dortmunds ability to replace a big player seems to be on a totally different level to us. Only time I can really remember them fucking up is when they tried to replace Lewandowski with Immobile.
Not to take this discussion for a loop. But I think that that comes down to them having a dedicated sporting director who's main focus is matters like that.

Poch doesn't have the time to dedicate fully to it in between training and games. And Levy has all the other business aspects of the club to run as well.

We used to have a sporting director/director of football but he exited when Poch was made manager instead of head coach.

One other wrinkle, I wonder how much Brexit is making European players look at Premier League clubs with a bit of skepticism? If you don't know what the employment laws will be in 3 months, it may put a damper on your enthusiasm to sign.

Congratulations, you named one guy who is decent in Portugal, and three guys who play in Serie A and aren't great at doing Eriksen things. Fernandes is good, I'd forgotten about him, but I still think he's not as good as either Brandt or Maddison. The others, just nope.
Far too arrogant. So Serie A is beneath us now? Poch has done miracles with average players. Madison is closer to Dele actuallly. Also - we won’t be signing Isco either so reality check please

ehhhhhh have to disagree mate. We can’t buy in the top leagues so it’s normal to target other leagues financially not so strong.

Far too arrogant. So Serie A is beneath us now? Poch has done miracles with average players. Madison is closer to Dele actuallly. Also - we won’t be signing Isco either so reality check please
Serie A is not beneath us. Those players are not good enough to replace Eriksen. Isco isn't good enough to replace Eriksen either.

Id like Bruno Fernandes.

He was garbage in Italy, though was young, but he seems to have gone up several notches over the last few seasons.

Shouldn't be too expensive either.

If we’re going to spend big money on our midfield then it needs to be on Tielemans and NDombele. If we could have rotation in midfield between Winks, Tielemans, Sissoko and NDombele we would have a title winning midfield.

If we’re going to spend big money on our midfield then it needs to be on Tielemans and NDombele. If we could have rotation in midfield between Winks, Tielemans, Sissoko and NDombele we would have a title winning midfield.

I'd rather Bruno Fernandes to Tielemens.

Would take whoevers cheaper though to allow more money for Ndombele.

Back
Top Bottom