Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pritchards problem was that he got injured. He got minutes that season we signed Njie. But then got an injury that kept him out for about 6 months. When he returned we had suddenly found ourselves in a title chase.

Such a shame though, but his performances for Huddersfield probably prove it was the right choice.

Youth football and ability doesn't always equate to First team level. Not everyone can come through and start for Spurs. But we can give them a platform to play at a high level like we have for Livermore, Caulker, Pritchard, Townsend etc

When Pritchard got fit he found himself sent to West Brom (of all places) at a time when we had a busy run in, and no viable back up to players like Eriksen and Lamela - which he was perfect for.

Most of us understand that it's not just ability that makes kids viable, but first at Brentford, and then Norwich, Prictahrd proved he also had the character and ability to perform and produce, at least at a level to be more viable squad player than others we've spent money on.

His 5 months at a relegation threatened Huddersrfield - with the weakest squad in the PL - is hardly indicative that he couldn't have been more useful than the likes of Njie, Nkoudou or Sissoko.

I'm aquainted with such analysis, but most credible sources or opinion appear to stop short of a concise we 'ought' to be spending X on fees on the basis of our wealth/turnover etc.

That 41% came from an Woolwich blog ... here's the real figures ....

28%2BChelsea%2BWages%2Bto%2BTurnover%2BLeague%2B2016.jpg

With our serious increase in revenue last year and with the projected further serious increase in revenue this year we will be able to increase wages spend significantly whilst maintaining our 51% number ....

Note our 51% represents 150m .... Man Utd's 45% represents 300m .... that's the 'gap' we need to close ....

All the Levy haters who are bemoaning his lack of spending can't seem to equate it with the fact we didn't sell 3 top quality players and therefore didn't need to replace them.

I imagine they would have been happy to have sold them and replaced with players unproven in premier league.

They also want the finances both ways. On the one hand it is 'spend £65m on Zaha - it's only money afterall' - but on the other hand it's all 'oh no we are letting Dembele run down his contract and will miss out on £20m'.
But they can't take the piss out of their mates that Spurs just signed Sebastien Mayer-Franco. What a waste of a summer!

Bench based on last seasons main 4231:

Vorm/Toby/Rose/Lamela/Lucas/Winks/Wanyama/KWP/Aurier/Sissoko

Fucking sweet bench:

Supplimentary: Llorente, GKN, Vinny, Kids

Our 2nd XI would beat most teams we were able to put out during the 90s and early 2000's. We are nowhere near as bad as some of the Twitter sheep make out.

We've also got a proper player in Skipp poking his way through the bodies at a very young age. I really have high hopes for Oliver he has so much more than I've seen come through at Tottenham for a kid at 17. Dare I say it Edwards could even get another crack of the whip if he isn't sold and sharpens himself up

Bench based on last seasons main 4231:

Vorm/Toby/Rose/Lamela/Lucas/Winks/Wanyama/KWP/Aurier/Sissoko

Fucking sweet bench:

Supplimentary: Llorente, GKN, Vinny, Kids

My only issue is of those players, Winks, Wanyama, Lamela, and Toby were all injured for long stretches last season. Injuries aside though I agree our bench is pretty solid. Some of them are still injured. Hope we can keep them all fit and firing this season

That 41% came from an Woolwich blog ... here's the real figures ....

28%2BChelsea%2BWages%2Bto%2BTurnover%2BLeague%2B2016.jpg

With our serious increase in revenue last year and with the projected further serious increase in revenue this year we will be able to increase wages spend significantly whilst maintaining our 51% number ....

Note our 51% represents 150m .... Man Utd's 45% represents 300m .... that's the 'gap' we need to close ....

I appreciate the wages end of things, and why it becomes arguably the dominant factor; but rightfully of wrongly fans talk in terms of transfer spend whilst seemingly those that actually crunch the numbers see 'transfer kitty' as a rather fluid thing that's hard to pin down. Guess I'm just playing devil's advocate and pointing out this irony.

My only issue is of those players, Winks, Wanyama, Lamela, and Toby were all injured for long stretches last season. Injuries aside though I agree our bench is pretty solid. Some of them are still injured. Hope we can keep them all fit and firing this season

We either a) replace them with lesser bench options (we couldn't afford to buy the equivalent bench; take a bow, Poch & Levy!) or b) supplement them in the short-term.

Looks like, in the end, the dynamic duo opted for (b).

I'm aquainted with such analysis, but most credible sources or opinion appear to stop short of a concise we 'ought' to be spending X on fees on the basis of our wealth/turnover etc.

I agree- I just think that there is a lot of money there to spend, if we wanted to.
I know it'll be better next summer after the stadium is finally finished.
Just feels a bit deflating we couldn't even sign Jack fricking Grealish. Ughhh.

You know what's funny. The only pieces of 'ITK' (hate that term but...) I read all summer that was accurate was the 2 things I got in a text from a guy who didn't want any attention and was just keen to let his close mates know what was going on on the promise it was kept quiet.

I fucking love reading the chancers posts on that SC ITK forum :dembelelol:

Hercules fully cracks me up.

You know what's funny. The only pieces of 'ITK' (hate that term but...) I read all summer that was accurate was the 2 things I got in a text from a guy who didn't want any attention and was just keen to let his close mates know what was going on on the promise it was kept quiet.

I fucking love reading the chancers posts on that SC ITK forum :dembelelol:

Hercules fully cracks me up.
What were the 2 things in the text?
:levyeyes:

So help me god if you knew all along that we'd be doing nothing.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom