Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the kit is worst than no signings:bmj:
i miss under armour
I fucking loved this trio of kits:

newtottenhamkit0807.jpg

My girlfriend hates the gold third kit though.

No, I'm not going to dump her over that.

Thought about it though.
:allitongue:

theres literally no way we can afford not do business the next window when we have so many important players able to walk next summer or the summer thereafter.

Thankfully, some of that will be resolved by contract renewals and the evolution of younger players.

Locking Jan & Eriksen down would be huge tho'.

newtottenhamkit0807.jpg

Thought about it though.

newtottenhamkit0807.jpg

Thought about it though.
look at the playboy saying he’s got a girlfriend :dier:but not linking that sexy kit is not fair :lamelaaghh: dump her mate :kanegoal: just kidding

tottenham-hotspur-16-17-away-kit-banner.jpg

GOAT kit
have one with kane #10

Nice for sure, but UA were pretty hit and miss. Look at the home kit last year; that's a close as to perfect for the return home as we could hope in modern footy. 2nd was just as good and 3rd was a funky twist. 3 good kits in one season (even if the 2nd and 3rd were pointlessly similar in tone)... Rare!

So, we now know. Ignore everything you read on the net..It's all bollocks. True story. I have spent the last few months going from Twitter, football.London, # Tottenham transfer, BBC sport, Sky Sports etc etc etc. None of it was true. This is more note to self. Never again. To all us Sprs fans..May the force be with us..always. The drunkest post???

So, we now know. Ignore everything you read on the net..It's all bollocks. True story. I have spent the last few months going from Twitter, football.London, # Tottenham transfer, BBC sport, Sky Sports etc etc etc. None of it was true. This is more note to self. Never again. To all us Sprs fans..May the force be with us..always. The drunkest post???
CUNT OFF!!!!

newtottenhamkit0807.jpg

Thought about it though.

'Gold' or Piss? :allitongue:

Something just not right about the blue shoulders on the home... Nearly works but looks like it was stitched on afterwards.

Blue one is top class tho.

Sold out so quickly as well, if I recall correctly.

Now that it's three years on, can I be nostalgic for the heritage sash yet?

513859294.jpg

Such good memories!:kanegoal:

Wish I'd bought one.

...But stick some of the 90's cloggers in that shirt and it'd resonate a bit differently I reckon.

I know many hate the 2009/2010, but for similar logic I can't help be fond of it.

Hate the 87 cup final kit... Can't think why.:pochunimpressed:

Well done Levy and Poch in completely tarnishing our move to the new stadium.

Or 'well done Levy and Poch for keeping the best squad we've had in the history of the EPL intact, for not spunking away millions on players we don't need, for showing the rest of the EPL we can no longer be bought' but I guess your viewpoint just depends on whether you're a Spurs fan or a rabid Troll ....

theres literally no way we can afford not do business the next window when we have so many important players able to walk next summer or the summer thereafter.

Come on ... at least get the facts correct ... we have the least players on running-down contracts in the entire EPL ... you couldn't make a more inaccurate statement if you tried ....

Only 4 players are entering the last year of their contracts, all four will be well over 30 when that happens ...

Jan Vertonghen - will be 32
Mousa Dembélé - will be 32
Fernando Llorente - will be 34
Michel Vorm - will be 35

Only 3 players will be out of contract in 2020

Christian Eriksen (this one is the only big worry)
Vincent Janssen
Toby Alderweireld (should we take up the one year option)

Come on ... at least get the facts correct ... we have the least players on running-down contracts in the entire EPL ... you couldn't make a more inaccurate statement if you tried ....

Only 4 players are entering the last year of their contracts, all four will be well over 30 when that happens ...

Jan Vertonghen - will be 32
Mousa Dembélé - will be 32
Fernando Llorente - will be 34
Michel Vorm - will be 35

Only 3 players will be out of contract in 2020

Christian Eriksen (this one is the only big worry)
Vincent Janssen
Toby Alderweireld (should we take up the one year option)

More inaccurate? In what sense? Numbers as compared to other teams? Or measured in terms of importance to our side?

I'm definitely expecting Toby to be lifted for 25m, Dembele to walk on a free, and Jan and Eriksen to put up stiff demands to renew the next summer. If we can't agree terms with Eriksen, he'll have to be sold, or we'd risk missing out on 55-60m or more. Losing Dembele and Toby alone will be a massive loss of quality for the side, much less if we lost Eriksen and/or Jan too. That would be 3 to 4 out of our starting XI which is a huge amount for us. All I'm saying is it's a very dangerous situation for us to navigate, and the club will definitely need to make moves to cover for it.

The OP in question was saying that we'd do no business for the next several windows.
I think our situation necessitates at least 1 purchase in the next two windows. I don't think it's a very unreasonable suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom