Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without having brought anyone in and with injuries likely before that time, it would be a huge surprise if that happened.

There is nothing wrong with being different. In fact I applaud it but you can also be too different for your own good at times.

We punch way above our weight so often it's untrue but we are also maybe making it unnecessarily difficult.
Keeping our weight down by living off deadline day scraps instead of, say, bulking up on a properly balanced diet of timely signings.

It’s okay, Trix has spoken.... :deledoubt:

8813_CDD7-058_E-4_B29-84_BA-_ABF99_A256_C4_D.png

“My guys....” :dembelelol:

Morning chaps
Just thought I’d add my tuppence because I don’t think anyone else has spelt this out (obvs I may be the only one who thinks this!), and because I wanted to say it before the window shuts rather than after.

I support Spurs for many reasons of course, as do we all. But one of the reasons is that we are, in Levy’s own words in the Poch book, “the sort of club than makes superstars rather than buys them”. We are not likely to go out and buy £100m of players, and I support Spurs because of this and not, as most of you seem to feel, despite this.

I’m puzzled by how and why you all seem to think we are about to, or at least that we should. It’s like you’ve been supporting a different club all these years.

And I’m also puzzled that so many of you infer that the club (or personally the chairman or the manager) ‘lack ambition’, just because they won’t play this silly modern-football game of spending hundreds of millions of pounds on spoilt brats. You’ll have guessed I’m middle aged.....

I’m not trying to criticise anyone - I’m just flummoxed as to why you’d all get yourselves so worked up about it.

TL,DR: We are not Man City - and thank god for that.
I respect your views sir.
But, Spurs DO have a history of buying superstars. We used to buy and compete for the very best..
It's only under ENIC that our philosophy has changed to making superstars and selling them for profit. (Levy himself said that was his business model for the club back in 2004)
Also, and I know I keep coming back to this, but when the club is charging its lifelong supporters more for their tickets than any other club in history, surely its not unreasonable for them to expect the club to attempt to sign top players.
You may be a wealthy man and the point may be moot, but for a lot of our fans watching Spurs takes up a massive part of their income

[SPORT] now understands West Ham are now best positioned to complete the signing of long-term Tottenham Hotspur midfield target Andre Gomes.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that he isn't, nor has ever been a target of ours. Barca have been hawking him around Europe looking for a sucker club for two seasons now. Looks like they have found their suckers.

Oh dear. Another poorly bred cretin. One has over 15,000 posts and you, yourself, an embarrassing 40-year-old waste of life, grade school playground loiterer. Could you imagine someone at the age of 40 posting on a message board like an 11-year-old licking clean the anus of another worthless sack of lymph fluid and h20. I bet you still live with your mother, too.

The sad hilarity.

You know fuck all about me nor my circumstances you complete and utter cunt.

If you don't like getting shit then don't speak it. It's really that simple, Gooner maggot.

I find the Toby one the strangest... he'll be sold today surely.

Unless we feel Foyth is ready to step up properly if Jan or Sanchez are injured, it's odd that there's be no mention of centre backs. We've watched Mawson go to Fulham, Ben Mee sign another contract at Burnley, we haven't seemingly looked at Tarkowski or gone for Maguire. All players I'd have thought are worth looking at. Unless there's some kind of deal for Rojo or god forbid Smalling in the Toby transfer... People like De Ligt but he's 18 for fucks sake.

Same on Rose, no mention of a left back, which is pretty odd. I've been ok with us not making multiple signings but I have to say I'll join the melting camp a bit if we don't replace the outgoings.

Should none of our people leave, I'd be happy if we signed 1 quality CM. If Toby and Rose go, we need cover quickly, just odd nobody's been mentioned. If Rose goes I'd be shocked if we don't bid for Shaw. I'd be happy with that... he gets some tough flak on here but remember what Poch made him into last time... he'd do the same again.

Back
Top Bottom