Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I think we can all agree on is that he isn't, nor has ever been a target of ours. Barca have been hawking him around Europe looking for a sucker club for two seasons now. Looks like they have found their suckers.

That’s not how this works, especially today. Any player that’s we’ve been linked to that goes somewhere else is a huge fail by Levy. Now go light your torch and let’s do this...

giphy.gif

Interesting read. As said before, he has good connections in the club but doesn't necessarily mean he's right. Alasdair reckons there will be 2 in by 5pm, and thinks there is one that Spurs have kept close to their chest the whole weekend. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Come on guys!

Hit up with some sweet sweet pie in the sky transfer tweets that will never in a million years come to pass

Interesting read. As said before, he has good connections in the club but doesn't necessarily mean he's right. Alasdair reckons there will be 2 in by 5pm, and thinks there is one that Spurs have kept close to their chest the whole weekend. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Can't see Martial or Zaha happening. Zaha too expensive at 60m plus.
Not optimistic for any arrival or departure. Unless Brozovic at 35-40m or Toby to manu.

Can't see Martial or Zaha happening. Zaha too expensive at 60m plus.
Not optimistic for any arrival or departure. Unless Brozovic at 35-40m or Toby to manu.

£60m for Zaha is not expensive. He's the difference between survival and relegation. In today's market it's about right.

I respect your views sir.
But, Spurs DO have a history of buying superstars. We used to buy and compete for the very best..
It's only under ENIC that our philosophy has changed to making superstars and selling them for profit. (Levy himself said that was his business model for the club back in 2004)
Also, and I know I keep coming back to this, but when the club is charging its lifelong supporters more for their tickets than any other club in history, surely its not unreasonable for them to expect the club to attempt to sign top players.
You may be a wealthy man and the point may be moot, but for a lot of our fans watching Spurs takes up a massive part of their income

Yep, fair points John. But the world has changed hasn’t it?

In the modern football world - and I’m not a fan of it as you know - half decent footballers cost £100m (most of which goes to parasitic middle men, and we refuse to pay it, rightly in my opinion).

And modern football fans don’t want to stand in piss eating a meat pie. Football season tickets are not selling what they used to - no one makes us buy one. But one of the reasons I do (and the 6 hours travelling there and back stretches my loyalty more than the cost tbh, but it will be different for everyone), is that Spurs earn success rather than buy it.

I don’t want the club to buy Ronaldo, I’d be disappointed if we did.

Back
Top Bottom