Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazingly, Chelsea have got a new manager and a new signing yet their fans seem just as worried as our doom and gloomers and Utd fans for the upcoming season.

I'd say we were in a better position than both and both teams have made signings.

Plus, while we all sweat over Toby , those blue scum have the realisation that Courtoios will leave for a low fee this season or for free next.

The mourinho vs Edwards storm is hitting its peak as well as the numerous unhappy players that squad has.

So transfers aside until another Rose like incident comes up , and again I WANT signings , I'm a very happy spurs supporter waiting for us to do some late business that I hope makes our 1st season in New Heart Lane as successful as possible.

LOL Do you actually expect him to literally tell the entire world how extremely disappointed he is by the club's inactivity in the Transfer window? Even the most classless Shoerinnho wouldn't, he'll just try to be subtle about it as much as he possibly could.

However he has already stressed it several times during last season how vital it is for a club to complete their business much earlier, preferbly before pre season starts.

You're a Levy propaganda mashine anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with another hilarious spin to paint Levy in a positive light.
The one thing I am not is a Levy propaganda machine. I've given my position on this numerous times, for the 100th time, I neither a lover or hater. This enables me to moan when it's justified and praise if it's justified.

So, let's get back to the subject. Poch's displeasure, you need to back this up, not with your displeasure but his, his comments, his actions.

I've already said, he has grounds to complain about getting players in before pre-season, this makes sense, this is where he will no doubt show his frustration, but he will also be understanding why, just like last year. It's the nature of the game.

Yeah he plays excellent football. He may even be looking to give some of their talented youngsters a chance and will probably use the EL to blood some through which can only be good for England.
I'm expecting him to use them, their squad is too old IMO to play the football that he wants. If they sell Hazard then this will be good news, the thought of Sarri let loose coaching one of the best dribblers/ball carriers in world football is scary. Hazard has only ever played for boring defensive managers, he will be set free if Sarri gets his hands on him. Seriously expect him to blitz what Salad did last season, because he's a far superior player. Just hop that Madrid have their claws in deep, as they have been after him for years now.

It's almost like the club have more pressing matters occupying their time.

Like ensuring we have a stadium to play football games in come the middle of September and fulfilling their obligation to the PL and tens of thousands of paying customers.

Fuck all that off Daniel... priorities! - The noshers need us to win the transfer window!

You think Sanchez is better than Alderweireld?

Not in every way, but they have different qualities. What I like about Sanchez is that his acceleration and ability to turn quickly help us play they way Poch wants us to play, leaves us less vulnerable on the counter, which is our achilles heel to an extent. I think Sanchez can occasionally struggle against the more physical types, and that's where Alderwiereld excels, but on balance, given their ages and the fact that I think TA is slowly on the wain, I'd happily go with Sanchez, I think his qualities suit us, especially with a smooth operator like Vertonghen next to him. I think there were times last season, even in his rookie season as a kid, he was there on merit.

And I say that as someone who wasn't overly impressed with him (Sanchez) early on. He grew on me, big time.

Poch has said he wants his new signings in on or before pre-season, he has been vocal on this before, he will no doubt say this again and he has justification to mention this. BUT just like last year he was also understanding that it's not always possible. It makes complete sense to have these players in time for pre-season, but it's not always possible. Maybe that's why we bought Lucas when we did, he hardly played but now is working in a full pre-season.

Don't think we will ever know the true in's and out's of our targets, specifically the players which are at the top of the list. But right now there is nothing to say that our targets aren't Martial, Zaha etc. let's play along for a second with the notion that they are our number one targets all along, before the window even opened, the fact they don't want to be at their current clubs means they have had their heads turned and that's been caused by us. The fact they are not with us for pre-season isn't because of us, it's because of the club that owns them. When Man U came after Berba they had to wait till deadline day, so too did Madrid have to wait until the final days.

Do you think the Utd camp is a happy one right now? In retrospect I think Utd should have sold Martial early, not have a sulking player that wants out around the place, just like we did with Walker last year. Get any negativity out quickly and move on from it.
Don't disagree with any of this, but it does seem we take a while to act on the targets we are interested in, of course we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes, but there's been no reports of us making any concrete offers for lets say a Martial or Zaha (personally think a new CM should be top of our priority, unless we switch to a 4-3-3). I understand the reasoning of waiting late in the window for prices to go down, or waiting for the teams with more money to get their targets so there's not a repeat of the Willian transfer, but as the club continues to grow and with the season ticket prices what they are etc, there will be more and more pressure on the club to act more aggressive in the transfer market, it's only natural.

Shhh....ITK

dog-beer-1.jpg

I'm a big fan of Sarri, he's a fucking excellent manager, I fear he's going to be their Poch. Exciting football, happy to coach what he has in the squad (couple of signings but not the £££ they usually do). He will be the man that connects the "old" fans back to the club. My only hope is they don't have the patients to stand by him if things aren't going too well in his first season (like we did with Poch).

Luckily the racists are lacking in several key areas for them to benefit long term from a Poch like manager.

Mainly a dressing room full of prima donnas who the chairman has sided with over management a number of times in the past and a self entitled fan base who expect instant gratification.

The one thing I am not is a Levy propaganda machine. I've given my position on this numerous times, for the 100th time, I neither a lover or hater. This enables me to moan when it's justified and praise if it's justified.

So, let's get back to the subject. Poch's displeasure, you need to back this up, not with your displeasure but his, his comments, his actions.

I've already said, he has grounds to complain about getting players in before pre-season, this makes sense, this is where he will no doubt show his frustration, but he will also be understanding why, just like last year. It's the nature of the game.
I'll repeat for the last time, do you expect him to tell the whole world through tabloids that he's displeased for you to believe it? He's a fucking professional ffs.

Ranting at your own club wouldn't look good on his part, especially toward his potential future employers.

He spent entire 6 months begging the club to complete all signings before pre season, so of course he'll be disappointed if his requests are constantly being ignored by the club.

I read the whole article about ten minutes ago.

Sorry, but while I have a huge amount of respect for Levy and Donna Cullen, there's more than a whiff of 'putting the best face on the current situation' about it.

"If you have a blank chequebook, it's a whole lot easier," she continued. "But I have to say that after all the years I've been in football, money doesn't guarantee you success. We've had seasons when we've brought in eight players and it's not been right.

"If you look at our squad, we've still got young players. You've seen Luke Amos play in the last week. The potential is still there, and therefore why would you necessarily need to look so much further?"

I love it when we promote youth, but that isn't a viable solution to all of our playing staff needs.

Likewise, I understand that 'bringing in eight players' is not necessarily a good idea. I've been advocating quality over quantity. Unfortunately we have brought in neither yet.

Unless someone's 'gone rogue' though, it's gonna be the same with anything that comes via the club's PR filter... Including Poch & players. I dare say mid-window 'rumblings' mean little to how the ship is steered behind the scenes.

Besides, I think the original point of posting the article was to debunk the 'Brave = spending big' myth... No hint of war-chests in those words.

The killer blow of all this is we're in Chapter 1 of the transfer window fairytale so far.

Coming to media, twitter and forums come Aug 10th:

Chapter 2: Did we bring anyone in? ...Who got sold?
Chapter 3: Are they gonna be any good? ...How much were they? ...Could we have got 'better'? ...Did we spend enough? ...Did we do everything we needed to do? [ A pre-emptive ensemble piece ]
Chapter 4: "Hahaha, the selling window's still open; They're all fucking off to Europe:" The media shit-stirrers strike back.
Chapter 5: 1 month evaluation.... Who's shit? ...Who do we need in January? [ An epic dual-pronged climax ]

...All before we even kick a ball at the new gaff.

:vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry::vdvcry:

:soldadowatch:
:ledleylick:

It's almost like the club have more pressing matters occupying their time.

Like ensuring we have a stadium to play football games in come the middle of September and fulfilling their obligation to the PL and tens of thousands of paying customers.

Fuck all that off Daniel... priorities! - The noshers need us to win the transfer window!
Oh another LPM crew member reporting on duty.

Back
Top Bottom