Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe you are all of them. Maybe you are me as well.

source.gif

He's pretty well known..

And non too shabby. We've been linked with him before but who haven't we been linked with

Has the physicality needed for a CM in the premier league and has played well whenever I've watched. I could see him being very useful both as a starter and coming on to help shut out games

Should repeat that I've been able to watch a lot of football over the last year or so as I've been home bound.

...And we think we've had problems in the transfer market and pre-season

Verified account @Everton Jul 27
| Good luck to @DavyKlaassen as he joins @werderbremen_en.

Lilywhite Rose‏ @lilywhite_rose 33m33 minutes ago
Everton bought him for £25m last summer. 12 months later he’s sold for £10-12m. Another disaster from them. Their recent pre season results 1-1 vs Bury. 0-1 vs Porto. 0-3 vs Blackburn and 1-4 vs Rennes. Another long season ahead for them?

you mad, they beat an Austrian team 22-0 best pre season ever!

I know YOU are disappointed along with others. YOU are disappointed that we are not spending like Man U, City, Woolwich or Chelsea. YOU wanted this to happen so much you read into his comments what you wanted to hear.

Unless Poch comes out today and says he's very disappointed with the Club, you are going to have to back up how you can arrive at this conclusion, if you can't then it's on you, your disappointment.

Others rubbished this notion from the moment Poch's words were broadcast. Do you think that I and other are clairvoyants?
LOL Do you actually expect him to literally tell the entire world how extremely disappointed he is by the club's inactivity in the Transfer window? Even the most classless Shoerinnho wouldn't, he'll just try to be subtle about it as much as he possibly could.

However he has already stressed it several times during last season how vital it is for a club to complete their business much earlier, preferbly before pre season starts.

You're a Levy propaganda mashine anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with another hilarious spin to paint Levy in a positive light.

I'm expecting more or less the same, however I'm disappointed these targets couldn't of been brought in sooner so they could have a full pre season with us. Donnas comments are exactly what you would expect and give no indication to whether or not Poch also wanted to wait til the last minute to get his transfers done again.
Poch has said he wants his new signings in on or before pre-season, he has been vocal on this before, he will no doubt say this again and he has justification to mention this. BUT just like last year he was also understanding that it's not always possible. It makes complete sense to have these players in time for pre-season, but it's not always possible. Maybe that's why we bought Lucas when we did, he hardly played but now is working in a full pre-season.

Don't think we will ever know the true in's and out's of our targets, specifically the players which are at the top of the list. But right now there is nothing to say that our targets aren't Martial, Zaha etc. let's play along for a second with the notion that they are our number one targets all along, before the window even opened, the fact they don't want to be at their current clubs means they have had their heads turned and that's been caused by us. The fact they are not with us for pre-season isn't because of us, it's because of the club that owns them. When Man U came after Berba they had to wait till deadline day, so too did Madrid have to wait until the final days.

Do you think the Utd camp is a happy one right now? In retrospect I think Utd should have sold Martial early, not have a sulking player that wants out around the place, just like we did with Walker last year. Get any negativity out quickly and move on from it.

Poch has said he wants his new signings in on or before pre-season, he has been vocal on this before, he will no doubt say this again and he has justification to mention this. BUT just like last year he was also understanding that it's not always possible. It makes complete sense to have these players in time for pre-season, but it's not always possible. Maybe that's why we bought Lucas when we did, he hardly played but now is working in a full pre-season.

Don't think we will ever know the true in's and out's of our targets, specifically the players which are at the top of the list. But right now there is nothing to say that our targets aren't Martial, Zaha etc. let's play along for a second with the notion that they are our number one targets all along, before the window even opened, the fact they don't want to be at their current clubs means they have had their heads turned and that's been caused by us. The fact they are not with us for pre-season isn't because of us, it's because of the club that owns them. When Man U came after Berba they had to wait till deadline day, so too did Madrid have to wait until the final days.

Do you think the Utd camp is a happy one right now? In retrospect I think Utd should have sold Martial early, not have a sulking player that wants out around the place, just like we did with Walker last year. Get any negativity out quickly and move on from it.

Amazingly, Chelsea have got a new manager and a new signing yet their fans seem just as worried as our doom and gloomers and Utd fans for the upcoming season.

I'd say we were in a better position than both and both teams have made signings.

That's exactly what I want, to be honest. Someone with contacts to get the deal in place and Levy to sign the cheques (so long as he's happy with the deal).

Christ, it's not like Levy doesn't have enough on his plate with the stadium, etc.

That was all very much part of the perceived reason behind Baldini and our prev. forays into D.O.F.s...

For whatever reason we revert back to Levy rather than replacing the guy that left.

Last edited:
I hate Dier I’m midfield, but I think he’s not as far from TA as a CB as you do. I think they are both very similar types of CB, both big, robust, not great at moving with the ball but comfortable on it under no pressure, both developed as players in similar ways. TA was rated about the same as Dier is now at the same age, which is why he couldn’t get a game as a cb at AM and ended up on loan to a mid table PL club.

And we have Sanchez, who is even better, quicker, and enables us to press and play that high line.

You think Sanchez is better than Alderweireld?

Amazingly, Chelsea have got a new manager and a new signing yet their fans seem just as worried as our doom and gloomers and Utd fans for the upcoming season.

I'd say we were in a better position than both and both teams have made signings.
I'm a big fan of Sarri, he's a fucking excellent manager, I fear he's going to be their Poch. Exciting football, happy to coach what he has in the squad (couple of signings but not the £££ they usually do). He will be the man that connects the "old" fans back to the club. My only hope is they don't have the patients to stand by him if things aren't going too well in his first season (like we did with Poch).

I'm a big fan of Sarri, he's a fucking excellent manager, I fear he's going to be their Poch. Exciting football, happy to coach what he has in the squad (couple of signings but not the £££ they usually do). He will be the man that connects the "old" fans back to the club. My only hope is they don't have the patients to stand by him if things aren't going too well in his first season (like we did with Poch).

Yeah he plays excellent football. He may even be looking to give some of their talented youngsters a chance and will probably use the EL to blood some through which can only be good for England.

Back
Top Bottom