Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but why does that mean your stance on his comments was right?
If we have a completely normal window that could still mean poch wanted to do things differently this time.
So, lets ask the question again.

What are you expecting to be different between today and when the window closes in a few days time?

(I'm expecting us to sign someone and will not be surprised if we sell someone, we have a tendency of doing this on a regular basis. I expect us to break even net on transfers, might be a bit over, or a bit under).

Poch is probably the classiest manager around. He won't come out and publicly air the dirty laundry unlike Shoerinho.

I strongly believe he's very disappointed by the club's inactivity in the market so far.
I know YOU are disappointed along with others. YOU are disappointed that we are not spending like Man U, City, Woolwich or Chelsea. YOU wanted this to happen so much you read into his comments what you wanted to hear.

Unless Poch comes out today and says he's very disappointed with the Club, you are going to have to back up how you can arrive at this conclusion, if you can't then it's on you, your disappointment.

Others rubbished this notion from the moment Poch's words were broadcast. Do you think that I and other are clairvoyants?

And I asked for any alternatives and you couldn't give any, there's only 1 alternative I've seen given on here and that was what I was debunking...

I'm bored of repeating myself... Big difference.

From the moment that press conference aired there's been fuckin reams written exploring the minutia of what was implied; to whom Poch was directing his comments, looking for Easter Eggs... Lots of Poch's comments need to be ignored if one is to unequivocally conclude his core message was "It's spending time".

He did however emplore the fans specifically to "stay calm... Stay calm!".

...Funny how so few clung to that quote with the same rigour.

If you wanna play catch-up then like i say, dig in.

Poch hasn't hid his disappointment before. If he wasn't happy, he'd say it.

I'd say Poch knows what's going on and until the end of the window we should just trust that

I really think 'rubbing it in' is premature on your part.

You're taking an interview (a week before deadline day, no less) from Donna Cullen as gospel. With apparently no spin.

It fits your agenda, great, but not being at least slightly cynical about her quotes is naive.
It's not naive if I've been saying what to expect from our summer business all along. It makes it accurate.

It's exactly why I and others have been relaxed all summer about what we do. Why? Because I trust us to get it right. Get in the right players for the right positions. You are only looking for spin because it's the only way you can appease the comments that have been uttered. I see no "spin" because it's what some have been saying all summer long.

Absolutely tragic scenes for those who thought anything different to Poch's comments at the end of last season.................

Levy does get unfairly criticized.

But who knows what Poch meant besides Poch. Donna may have a better idea, but it's obviously in the club's interest for her to say this. Fair enough.

Poch hasn't hid his disappointment before. If he wasn't happy, he'd say it.

I'd say Poch knows what's going on and until the end of the window we should just trust that
Yep.

He has grounds for not being happy for not getting in player(s) in time for pre-season. He will come out and show his frustration at this. But if our target(s) happen to be with clubs that are waiting until the last day to extract the maximum value then I'm sure he knows the score, just as he accepted this last year. (There is an argument that Lucas was an early buy, but who knows as it's not as clear cut a Dele's acquisition).

So, lets ask the question again.

What are you expecting to be different between today and when the window closes in a few days time?

(I'm expecting us to sign someone and will not be surprised if we sell someone, we have a tendency of doing this on a regular basis. I expect us to break even net on transfers, might be a bit over, or a bit under).
I'm expecting more or less the same, however I'm disappointed these targets couldn't of been brought in sooner so they could have a full pre season with us. Donnas comments are exactly what you would expect and give no indication to whether or not Poch also wanted to wait til the last minute to get his transfers done again.

Yep.

He has grounds for not being happy for not getting in player(s) in time for pre-season. He will come out and show his frustration at this. But if our target(s) happen to be with clubs that are waiting until the last day to extract the maximum value then I'm sure he knows the score, just as he accepted this last year. (There is an argument that Lucas was an early buy, but who knows as it's not as clear cut a Dele's acquisition).

I still think it was either Lucas or Malcom.

Wait until the summer to sign Malcom for £35,000,000+ or get Lucas in early for £25,000,000 and get him involved.

Instead of some people who for some reason are angry, I'm relatively excited for the upcoming week to see what happens.

I've found that it only seems to be Spurs fans who moan that a player coming in late is a bad thing. Despite late meaning not missing any games anymore.

Back
Top Bottom