Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of assumptions in this thread.

“Barrios is the dembele replacement?”
Who said that?

“Barrios is a shit player”
Can all but guarantee you’ve seen less than 5 games of the guy

“Barrios is a cunt!”
So is dele on his worst days, same with Dier, etc.

“Barrios is so underwhelming!”
Maybe along with the rest of our outgoings/incomings it may make more sense.

The speculation seems reasonable enough but a lot of people here acting like they have way more information than they actually have. I have trouble believing our Dembele replacement is a 16m 25yo midfielder from the Argentine league

Grealish is a wise investment and signing. English, got raw potential that could grow as he grows (he looked far better the latter part of the season so he might be kicking on just at the right time), beefs up our quota of homegrown talent for the squad and would probably be worth as much as we pay for him, if not more if we end up moving him on in a year or two if it doesn't work out. Low risk high reward deal for a promising footballer with a lot of potential that we'd be silly as a business and football club to ignore.

Personally I'd love to see another promising Englishman such as Grealish come into the team. Learning off the likes of Eriksen in the middle of the park and Poch as a coach will give him all the tools he requires to develop as far as his ceiling takes him. He's ballsy, confident and plays with his head up. I like his aggression and the way he looks to move himself and the hall forward. It's a great move for him and a sensible, astute one from us.

Give the boy the tools and let's see what he's got. It's not exactly going to skint us chucking £20m at a very promising talent that we could move on for circa the same a couple of years down the line if worst comes to worst

...I want the Kanes, the Ledleys, the Llorises: Top players who are 100% class. Let Chelsea, United, Woolwich and Liverpool be teams of and for cunts.
You need everything mate
Dave_mackay_3217606b.jpg

article-2233668-000037ED00000CB2-978_964x570.jpg

c86285b8d55430e393febe2f912cd224.jpg

Good luck and goodbye. I like Llorente as an individual but it's been a terrible fit. Even, say, Plea brought in to do the same role would improve our squad IMO.

Can't really say I blame him for wanting to leave- barely got any game time, even if he never looked quite up to standard. If Napoli offer 1/2 what we spent on him last summer I say take it. A player upset in Llorente's position (aging, wise vet/mentor) is nobody we want to be holding onto against their will.

So the plan seems obvious here. Purchase young assets who are available at the market prices of a few years ago for various reasons, use cup games and substitute appearances to launder those assets into "top six players", and then flog them off at new market prices. With the advantage in the meantime being squad depth and the lottery ticket that Poch might turn them into worthwhile regulars.

Cynical, very shrewd, and reasonable people can (and will, at great length) disagree as to whether and how it benefits the actual on-field competitiveness of the side. A stroke of pure Levy. :levywhoa:

Can't really say I blame him for wanting to leave- barely got any game time, even if he never looked quite up to standard. If Napoli offer 1/2 what we spent on him last summer I say take it. A player upset in Llorente's position (aging, wise vet/mentor) is nobody we want to be holding onto against their will.
If they are willing to send a player our way (word is they want to offer us Mertens) I would take a straight trade

So the plan seems obvious here. Purchase young assets who are available at the market prices of a few years ago for various reasons, use cup games and substitute appearances to launder those assets into "top six players", and then flog them off at new market prices. With the advantage in the meantime being squad depth and the lottery ticket that Poch might turn them into worthwhile regulars.

Cynical, very shrewd, and reasonable people can (and will, at great length) disagree as to whether and how it benefits the actual on-field competitiveness of the side. A stroke of pure Levy. :levywhoa:

Except that we've kept all our young assets so far this time around. No flogging of anybody worthwhile.
If/when 2 out of 3 of Kane, Dele, or Eriksen get sold is when this current cycle of development is over for Tottenham.

Sounds like Klopp’s the one who had a concussion :deledoubt:
If there is any truth at all in what they are saying, the whole Club should face the music. Leaving a player on the pitch who “100%” has concussion is gross negligence, or at least when it’s Spurs it is... Remember when we got absolute pelters for letting Lloris stay on the pitch after his concussion (even though I think he would have killed someone that day if they’d dared to sub him)
Klopp should have never have let him stay on the pitch IF he had concussion.
Truth is, he fucked up magnificently & they had to contrive something to stop him getting death threats from his own fans.

Back
Top Bottom