Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo said something in an interview about how this world cup have been a fantastic brand enhancer for us. And I agree.

Players should be beating in the door to try and sign for us
We only want those who play for the shirt fuck the mercs they can go to the Chavs and be bench warmers!

It's always dangerous to judge people from you tube clips especially if they're compilations of many games rather than a compilation of the involvement in a single match.

That said, also acknowledging that the MLS isn't the strongest league, what I've seen so far for his age it would amaze me if there aren't clubs taking a closer look at him. 17? He's playing against grown men in a league that's probably stronger than the Scottish league now (?) and standing out massively ghosting players like they weren't there. He's like what we wanted from Marcus Edwards by now

The MLS is definitely stronger than the SPL now. The SPL dropped dramatically in quality when it went from a two horse race to a one horse race.

The MLS is definitely stronger than the SPL now. The SPL dropped dramatically in quality when it went from a two horse race to a one horse race.

Cheers mate didn't want to make a definitive statement as I can't say I wat h either league although I've watched a little MLS recently and after about 3 games I formed that opinion.

He's certainly well worth watching and a swift move might avoid a ridiculous fee should bigger names make any intent serious.

By of a weird one not sure how an MLS club would value such a player

This summer the club should target talented young British players and point towards the fact it’s effectively FC England - genuine international makers.

Get Shaw on the cheap from United to rotate with Davies, offer Stones the regular football his talent deserves as a replacement for Alderweireld, tempt Mason Mount from the chavs with a view to making him Eriksen’s eventual successor, and get hold of Ben White from Brighton too, who was fucking immense for Newport in the cup tie against them.

This summer the club should target talented young British players and point towards the fact it’s effectively FC England - genuine international makers.

Get Shaw on the cheap from United to rotate with Davies, offer Stones the regular football his talent deserves as a replacement for Alderweireld, tempt Mason Mount from the chavs with a view to making him Eriksen’s eventual successor, and get hold of Ben White from Brighton too, who was fucking immense for Newport in the cup tie against them.
Shaw shouldn’t be anywhere near Hotspur Way

We may be in the CL and an attractive club to most, but it means nothing really.
We won’t be signing anyone who demands playing time.
They have to work for it here.
Then not be bad seed.
That makes it more difficulty than the casual sign on playing ability transfer. ThenWest Ham method for instance.
There’s 5 players who are guaranteed a start at Spurs if fit.
Mostly because they not only perform consistently but they train hard too.

Look at Wilshere reaction to not going to the WC.
Didn’t get it from Bertrand for instance.
He thought a few EL apps warranted his place.
Imagine if he was in the England camp and been on the bench most of the WC like Cahill, RLC, Rashford, TAA,etc.
He’d be bad mouthing the manager, sowing seeds.
“Hey Rosey, Rash. Don’t know why we aren’t starting What have Dele Young and Sterling done. We deserve a chance “

Back
Top Bottom