Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Soldado better than Crouch?
As I pointed out I'll judge if Draxler is better if and when he scores 24 plus goals for Spurs
So by your logic, you will judge if Messi is better if and when he scores more goals than Son for Spurs? :llorishuh:

It's ok to use your judgement based on player performance irrespective of which team they play for. We can absolutely disagree on the ability of a player. You can even point to Draxler playing in the French league as a reason that he might not be as good as he looks. But surely irrespective of players playing for Spurs, they can be judged to be better or not than current Spurs players.

West Ham lose 4-0 on the opener with their new signings on show and low and behold, Brady has to use the old "slag off Spurs" routine.

Her fans saw through it last year, and I think this will piss them off more than it does us.

Especially when we just doubled their record signing.

I read a fair bit of KUMB last season, a lot of them can see her for what she is.

She really is a warped, bitter and twisted old cunt isn't she?
Mentioning that Man €IT¥ have spent £1billion on players... as if that's a GOOD THING?
ONE BILLION POUNDS... let that sink in for a while... that could keep some 3rd World Countries afloat for YEARS...
It's not to be PRAISED... it's fucking OBSCENE!

Then again, what with the Dildo brothers no doubt 'up-skirting' her in Boardroom meetings... I imagine she has quite a firm grasp of the word 'obscene'!

What a Dopey twat she is!

So by your logic, you will judge if Messi is better if and when he scores more goals than Son for Spurs? :llorishuh:

It's ok to use your judgement based on player performance irrespective of which team they play for. We can absolutely disagree on the ability of a player. You can even point to Draxler playing in the French league as a reason that he might not be as good as he looks. But surely irrespective of players playing for Spurs, they can be judged to be better or not than current Spurs players.

I knew Messi would come up......its as certain as bringing up Hitler in a debate
:kanehand:

We are not talking about one of the best players in the world.......ever.......though are we.

We're talking about talented young potential who scored 18 goals in 118 games in 5 years for Shalke, 5 goals in 34 for Wolsburg, and 4 in 17 for PSG, and swapping him out with a player who sits in the top 8 of our all time scorers for one season.

Scored more than Berbatov and Keane and just two less than Bale.

So as I said, I'll judge Draxler on what he can do for Spurs before I say he will be better for us than Son

Draxler is horribly overrated on the back of one excellent season when he was quite young. He's done nothing since then to cement the hype.

Yeh i thought that whenever I have watched him he has been a massive let down, he was always linked to Woolwich and I used to think please take him, If they are going to blow their money on a big player better him than someone like Aubameyang.

Then again if anyone can make a player play consistently it's Poch.

Real Madrid have rejected a big-money offer from Juventus for Mateo Kovacic, reports AS.

Kovacic has been in fine form during pre-season, impressing in both legs of Real Madrid’s 5-1 Spanish Supercopa win over Barcelona.

His performances have not gone unnoticed and AS report long-term admirers Juventus made a bid worth around €75m (£68.8m) for the Croatia midfielder.

However, Real Madrid flatly rejected the offer a few days ago and insist the former Inter Milan man is not for sale.

I don't think we will get a RB now. I think Pochettino thinks Sanchez is versatile enough to play there.
Also gives KWP the opportunity to develop.
Shame, Draxler and Kovacic are exactly the near realistic signings that would genuinely improve the starting 11 rather than just the depth.

I am sure we can sort out lower basic wages with a high signing bonus for players like these.
he supposedly upped his waged demands & wanted £170 k pw to join Liverpool. Apparently that's why they didn't sign him from Wolfsburg last January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom