Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing fee isn't a problem with the likes of Draxler, Kovacic etc , it's their wages. They're on big bucks and our wages aren't going to suit their needs.
Shame, Draxler and Kovacic are exactly the near realistic signings that would genuinely improve the starting 11 rather than just the depth.

I am sure we can sort out lower basic wages with a high signing bonus for players like these.

He's extremely talented so might be arrogant

The better you are, the harder it is to improve. Sonny is a good player, but there's a reason why Draxler has been hyped up for a long long time. He's a much better player than Sonny in passing and finishing. Drax is a lot stronger as well.
Germans have this type of arrogance don't they?
(said in a non insulting way)

People keep falling into the trap of saying someone will be better than Son....

Same people will call the signing a mistake though when the new guy doesn't score 24 goals in 35 appearances next season

I know it's a pipe dream, but we should be all over Draxler (Asking price 32 million apparently)!

He is an incredible player and would be a massive upgrade on Son and Woolwich have been after him for ages and would be super pissed if we got him.

I'd say Poch is wishing for a few more players like Draxler to push the first 11.

come on Levy, lets win the transfer window!! :tobyarm:

West Ham lose 4-0 on the opener with their new signings on show and low and behold, Brady has to use the old "slag off Spurs" routine.

Her fans saw through it last year, and I think this will piss them off more than it does us.

Especially when we just doubled their record signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom