Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fiar enough isn't it? Dier looked completely knackered a couple of times last season and when we gave him a break we looked poor
Yeah I agree. My point was to people saying we didnt need another DM as dier did well.
we still needed another DM last season even with dier doing well there.
& poch obviously agreed as he got wanyama.

Is that Isco I can see as well?

mqaGfRx.png

I take your point and understand how you see it , but disagree on many things on how the footballing side of the club is run. A disinterested tax dodge owner does not leave many of us with any confidence .
Many of us feel there is a " middle way " .
I did love Alfie Conn ,a sort of Glaswegian Pancho Villa .
I can also see your point of view on the footballing side. I agree with it too.
However, the owner before was just as bad 6 managers wasn't it, and no idea about football. Before that we were mismanaged by a maverick property developer..
We have suffered in that regard.
Haven't been the same footballing club since Burkinshaw left and muttered those famous words.

However, it seems Pochettino is trying to bring it back.

You're missing the point.
It doesn't matter what they did last summer because they were not in a position where they thought they could win the league at that time. Fast forward a year...they've won the league and are in the CL league and are trying to really push on so they can at least do all they can to give themselves the opportunity to do something special again.
When has Levy ever done that? when have you every thought to yourself "oh i'm very very happy with our dealings and we can really push on now?" it's rarely happens because Levy refuses to really give it ago. Not only does he not give it a go but he takes the absolute piss with low ball bids just before the window is closing to make it seem like he's tried.

Helll even last season he did it with Berahino and left the manager horribly exposed with only 1 true striker in the squad. Yes it worked out (thank fuck Kane didn't get injured) but can you imagine any other chairman doing that? 1 striker going into the season?

They didn't think they could win the league.

But, they won the league, didn't they?

I'd wait a couple more days before I lose my mind. I understand the frustration though, but I think that Levy is deadling with Poch behind him on all these dealings. I remember this time last year, when people where still laughing about playing Dier as a defensive midfielder and people still thought Alli wouldn't get more than 15 games all season.

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom