Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's always a good sign of a players attitude when he goes against his clubs wishes, doesn't show up for a medical and let's a club send a jet that he fucks off.

I hope he enjoyed the Ryan Air economy Flight Levy put on.

Not many clubs would have spent 30M on Bale in the earlier days. Lets take a punt. He may inject some energy into our game. He was briliant during the Euros . Maybe he has turned the corner as Bale once did and become consistant . Im all for it, its chance at the end of the day?

Not good enough for Newcastle yet good enough to play alongside the likes of Pogba, Griezmann, Lloris etc in France team in a cup final - at the end of the day, he clearly wasnt motivated to play for a team in a relegation fight, thats not the right attitude to have but it shows that WHEN applied (France national team) he can turn it on. Maybe Steve McClaren, Alan Pardew, John Carver etc couldn't PUSH him to the next level because they're as good as Pochettino?

Maybe Pochettino feels he can turn him into something better?

But that's bollocks , France beat Romania cos Payet scored a worldie at the death and Romania were unlucky, France were outplayed for 70 minutes against Albania and nicked it at the death again , France drew with Switzerland because the ref didn't have the balls to award the Swiss a stonewall pen , France scraped past Ireland 2-1 with a turgid display, France beat Iceland 5-2 buy Iceland have a history of losing by 5 or 6 , France beat Germany despite being absolutely battered for most of the game , France choked against Portugal. not once during this sequence of events did I see Sissulko bossing it.

Spurs supporters 363 days of the year:
"We have an amazing young team, great youth academy, we are proof you don't need to spend millions, look at us and Leicester, Kane / Alli are proof we are doing things right"

Spurs supporters 2 days in the year:
"ENIC OUT, LEVYS A CUNT, NO DESIRE TO WIN, CANT COMPETE"

What a bunch of hype driven gossiping wallys some of you really are

***UPDATED***

Spurs supporters 363 days of the year:

"We have an amazing young team, great youth academy, we are proof you don't need to spend millions, look at us and Leicester, Kane / Alli are proof we are doing things right"

Spurs supporters 2 days in the year:

"ENIC OUT, LEVYS A CUNT, NO DESIRE TO WIN, CANT COMPETE"

Spurs supporters when we do sign someone for loads of money

"Him....Why?? He's shit, ENIC OUT, LEVYS A CUNT, NO DESIRE TO WIN, CANT COMPETE"

So a guy who turns his phone off and refuses to speak to the manager he almost signs for turns up in the Tottenham 'Brotherhood' dressing room?

Don't like this one bit.

Mitchell: Levy, pay 30 mil for Batshuayi.

Levy: No, I'm gonna get Janssen.

Mitchell: Okay, that's not too bad. How about 25 m for Wijnaldum?

Levy: Nope! Gonna get SISSOKO FOR THIRTY!!

Mitchell: ...
fuck off. I'm out.

If this gets done then all of a sudden I'll feel 10 times better with this transfer window. Whereas it seems the rest of you will feel 10 this worse. Maybe I'm not normal after all

So a guy who turns his phone off and refuses to speak to the manager he almost signs for turns up in the Tottenham 'Brotherhood' dressing room?

Don't like this one bit.
I think it shows his undying love for the club and how much he loved growing up watching the likes of David Ginola, Noe Pamarot and Steed Malbranque. Welcome Moussa.

30 million. this is fucking stupid. I'd have thought this was a stupid signing at half that price. what the actual fuck? What's happened here is a list for a player we need was drawn up considering different options. We coudln't get the ones we wanted, and we ended up going for the one we could, but we paid a price as if he was top of our list. worst piece of business we have done for a long long time.

You know what, fuck the fee.

Sissoko is an established French international. He is a massive upgrade on Mason, Carroll and Bentaleb. We finally have an alternative option for Dembele. We have another option further forward. We have added more pace and power to the team. Our bench could now consist of :
Son, Janssen, Nkoudou, Sissoko, Wimmer, Davies, Vorm

Yes we left it late. Yes we could probably have found someone better for £30 mil. But could we have got another player of Sissoko's quality with Premier League experience for that money? I'm not sure.

We have options now. We have strength in depth. It's been a good window.

Back
Top Bottom